Anyone else here reached the 2 plate bench press? I did it after 2 years and it feels great...

Anyone else here reached the 2 plate bench press? I did it after 2 years and it feels great, I barely got it on the rack but I did it for 1 complete rep

>tfw finally in the big league

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=koLG_FKInx8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw was ten pounds away before shoulder injury
>haven't lifted in 2 months, probably can't bench press for at least another month

Some day.

225 is the average bench club m8. 315 is starting to get into the big league

>2 plate bench press
>tfw finally in the big league

This. 225 is the expectation for someone who lifts

315 is (I've been lifting for a little while)

fugg the h8ters OP, that's more progress than 99% of the population.

Now go get 3pl8.

>225
>At least 450 on the bar
breh

Got it in my first 6 months of liftan.
Pretty much hasn't increased in 3 years.
Q.Q

>2 years
i fucking hit 240lb in 5 months

Got it in my first month but I'm also 5'3" 215lbs

This a

The average person can't bench close to 225 pounds

The average person struggles with 40 kg on the bar. After I've become fit, a few of my friends were so impressed that they start to get fit too. Everyone of them started with 30-45 bench.

Hit it for 3 last session. Felt pretty easy, could have gotten 5 I think but didn't have a spot.

Been lifting for 8 months not including the lifting I did in high school 8 years ago

Can't bb bench cause it fucks my shoulders
Having to use db bench and cable flies and my chest is shit

Pussy

The average person can't bench 125 for 1 rep

Bullshit lmao. average is probably 165

315 is truly impressive. 225 is what every male can achieve fairly quickly. After that most will never break 225 plateau

315 is the starting to get serious club
just wait til you hit 405

70 kg? Serious? Yeah, if you are a construct worker maybe.

What are you basing this info off of?

Where are all these people benching 225+ in the first five months in the gym? I've been to a couple dozen different gyms and the amount of people benching 155, let alone 225 for reps is like 1/12. The average bench weight I see is 135 for varying reps and the heaviest bench I've seen in person is 475. Ever.

>tfw hitting 2 plates for 10 reps with suicide grips
feels good man

>tfw can push much more weight with suicide grip but too scared to do it

I weight 165lbs at 6 feet, should I be putting up 225 natty? Been lifting serious for 6 months and only at 145lbs (1 plate w/ 5lbs plate). I do this for 3 reps and 8 sets.

Am I gonna make it?

I'm an actual personal trainer in a University gym and almost every single untrained male starts with 115 for five with good form. Sometimes less. Rarely more. If they did sports in highschool or something they usually start at 135. In 1 year of personal training (not a lot but more than you) I've never seen someone start with 155x5 with good form, and people have tried.

>Been lifting serious for 6 months
>Am I gonna make it?
Have no idea. Persist, most SERIOUS lifters get there within a couple of years.

>3reps 8sets
Pls be typo

Also, no. 6' 165 is nearing skeleton hell. Get up to like 190 and your lifts will all increase.

Enjoy your caved in chest and/or face

As much as it sounds ridiculous this is true.

It's almost as if Veeky Forums posters are full of shit the vast majority of the time.

sadly not a typo, can't do 5x5 with that weight. Am I fucking up?

405 youre starting to bench with the big guys
Just wait til you get to 485

225 is like starting weight, lad. I used to do 20 reps of that on incline when back in the day. Is it a struggle for manlets or something?
t. 194cm

>192cm checking in
Started with about 18 reps at 215.
Guess height really does matter

5'5" here and I started off benching 265 for 5 reps

How much did you weigh when you started putting up 225?

Over 260.

Eight.... Sets.

320 pounds. People don't actually weigh less than this and try to lift, right?

5 months in and im almost 1pl8
am i gonna make it?

>cute bench bro
>yeah bro i used to lift too, you know
>back in the day i warmed up with your PR dude

we all know a guy like this dont we

this is me too... I think at best I hit a double at 225 and a single at 235... I hit 275 on the smith machine just fucking around though... not sure really what to think about that one other than it was great because I never have a spotter

when do i need a spotter for benching?
why do i even need one in the first place? what can happen if i dont have a spotter?

225 incline bench for one
260 flat bench for one
155 lbs
>haven't lifted in four weeks
Fuck injuries I'm gonna have to start all over now

225 really isnt that much, I still do 135 for warm up sets and 205 for my 5x5... 225 is a 1rm for quite a few people and I am relatively small at 5'10 185 so someone around the same height but closer to 200 should be able to put up a few extra pounds.

The other day I had a guy claim he could bench 300 lbs before he was on roids, is that even possible to do naturally?

You joking? People were benching 300lbs long before roids were invented.

No I'm not joking I've been lifting for 4 years and have a 1 rep max of 255

I benched 405 natty pre gear, just started frauding I'll be hitting 500 really soon here, I was pretty much stalled in strength and body comp and I'm getting old, it was time to give it up or hop on cycle, Feels great though

Are you like 5'3"?

Weight?

I agree with you. I did a 3x5 with 225 at my gym today and this Asian chick benching to the right of me was super wet about it. Maybe because I'm rugged and refined now that I think about it.

Wait 225 Club is 1RM?

Fuck I guess I already am in it 4 months in, I thought it was for working weight.

I don't know what's a more appropriate question, why is your flat BB press so low or why is your incline BB press so high?

can i reach 225 bench on starting strength?
or do linear gains stop before that?

Yes you can. Add chest accessories for a quicker ride.

>this Asian chick benching to the right of me was super wet about it. Maybe because I'm rugged and refined now that I think about it.

My barbell incline bench is higher than my flat bench, I can do 3 reps of 185 on flat bench and 5 on incline

>Maybe because I'm rugged and refined now that I think about it.

>Add chest accessories
like what? dips?

>tfw bench stalling at 210lb and I'm at 205 body weight
wut do

Dips, flyes, incline DB bench.

Do what your aniweeb picture is doing, and do it more frequently.

Hit 2pl8 bench fairly recently before i started cutting. First rep felt pretty easy, second rep came down and wouldnt go back up. Feelsbadman

>weighted dips

>hit 2pl8 bench for 5 after about 3 months of lifting (rock climbing background gave me loads of upper body strength)
>try DB press for the first time
>struggle to do 10kg DB's for 8
>drop one on my neck

people laughed

>people laughed
so did i user

Broke my 315 plateau and hit 335 for 2 reps today. You'll get to a point where 2pl8 bench is a warm up. Been lidtimg for 1 yr 4 months at this point.

I've been lifting 8 months and i'm at 160

Weight?

It's a great feeling. Started SS January 2016 and did my first single at 2pl8 during July 2016 (@85kg bw/185cm)

Envious! I'm the guy in
and haven't made it to 3pl8 yet

i can probably BB bench 2pl8

i stopped benching BB at 1.5 pl8, switched to DB

started DB ridiculously weak, benching less than 1pl8

now up to 1.25pl8 DB bench for reps

>who else here realised their DB press was childishly weak and switched?
did you?

>the average person can bench 165
>the average person can do 15 pushups and 1 pullup
i can do 60/15 but cant bench more than 135.. feels batman

LOL the average person can't do 5 proper form pushups

>tfw my starting bench press was the bar

And after 3 months Ive made good progress but still am under where some guys start.

As Dom Mazzetti puts it
>Hitting the bench without a spot is like using the "pull out" method, you want to go hard as fuck, but you're not gonna take it to the limit.

>lmao2pl8 club
>4.5pl8 image
What did he mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=koLG_FKInx8
Can lift as much as shredded McCaffrey

This thread is so full of shit

I bench 150 and I'm stronger than most people I know

I'm the opposite. I've never actually done barbell bench. I started out at Planet Fitness and refused to use the Smith machines, so I got in the habit of doing dumbbell flat bench and incline bench, even after switching to a different gym with better equipment.

I do 60 lb dumbbells on flat bench for 3x10. Nothing to brag about. I'm going to start benching with a barbell soon and I'm curious how different it will be.

Iktf bro, I'm way more swole than most people I know and I can only bench 205 once

I hate barbell flat bench, I can lift more weight on incline barbell bench and my gymbro who's been lifting way longer than me says he's never seen someone stronger on incline bench than they are on flat bench

There's a section in Dom's book about being stronger on incline than on flat bench. You'd probably have a giggle.

What's it say bro I don't know what his book is

What u at now m8

>225

is that including the weight of your fully-absorbed tampon? come brag when you actually start lifting.

8 sets isn't a lot when you're going for triples

I've just hit 225 too! The only difference is that I just hit it in 4 months...
5'8, 140
Skinny as shit.

225 is not impressive for lifters, but for normies it's amazing.

wait when you guys refer to 2pl8 you're only talking about one rep max? this whole time when people post in stats threads that's ALL one rep max? 1/2/3/4 is one rep max?

jesus. either you're all pathetic as fuck or i'm way stronger than the average guy. i've always thought those were weights you do for reps, 5x5 at least. i probably got to the equivalent of 1/2/3/4 in like less than a year then lmao

Obviously 1 rep max, you don't go around telling people your working weight you autist you tell them your max

>less than a year

obviously less than a year hardly anyone keeps lifting more than a year

Damn this thread is making me feel good about benching 135 at 5'6“ 140lbs. Monday I'll be going for 140. 135 was not even that hard so I know I'll be fine.

>140

Are you over 20? How's that possible to be so light as an adult, I'm 5'7" 185 and I feel small

Everyone in this thread has to be joking. Anyone who doesn't have a genetic defect should hit 2 plates in a year. I hit 2pl8 bench about 8 months in and I wasn't even that dedicated. Do people seriously think 2pl8 bench is something that takes multiple years to achieve?

>5'7" 185
lol you're overweight as fuck little guy, i bet you look like a fucking tree stump

I'm under weight I'm going for 200lbs little lanklet

I've always been skinny bro. What's your body fat at because 185 is pretty heavy for a manlet.

that's some serious overcompensating but whatever makes you happy. it's pretty funny imagining someone as short as you being that heavy