Lads my OHP is heading into the Advanced territory with 175x2 at 195lbs bodyweight

Lads my OHP is heading into the Advanced territory with 175x2 at 195lbs bodyweight.

The problem is that the rest of my lift are actual shit compared to it. For some reason my bench press is going up and is stuck at 235x2, usually if you have a strong OHP, your bench should be just as strong so what's the problem lads?

pls respond

either you were born with elite shoulders and/or you do them often
or
you're using poor form ex:push press, leaning making it a standing incline press, performing a seated variant, etc.
or
you're exaggerating and your other lifts are fine.

I lift 60kg OHPing while at 63kg body weight.
Git gud

>either you were born with elite shoulders and/or you do them often
i wish
>you're using poor form ex:push press, leaning making it a standing incline press, performing a seated variant, etc.
I power clean the weight everytime I OHP, and don't push press. I arch my upper back but not into incline bench mode. My bench should be stronger idk what to do.
>you're exaggerating and your other lifts are fine.
squat 270x1
deadlift 335x1
I did have a lower back injury before though so I guess that's to be expected

I just want to know how to get my bench up to be proportionate with my OHP

>sets of 2

wtf

Im doing nsuns 5/3/1 linear progression so I get 2 reps on my 1+ sets

ok just making sure. I was in a similar situation after a back injur which made it hard to do squats, deads, and rows. So for almost 9 months I only trained chest and shoulders.
At one point I could OHP 185 seated for 5 reps, bench 290 for 4 while struggling to squat 3 plates.
Your best bet is to train your other muscle groups more often and shift your shoulder training to just maintain what you've got.

I'm probably going to stall soon anyways because I'm cutting, the only thing that sucks is that I can't put my full effort into squats and deadlifts due to this injury which im rehabing with stretches and whatnot.

I guess I can do a shit ton of upper back work and chest accessories and maybe my bench will finally go up.

advancedbro how did you beat plateaus when you train your OHP

I OHP 180lb at 173lb

I OHP for 8 sets on Monday and 9 sets on Wednesday, basically a shit ton of volume is needed and of course technique.

That's a really good OHP what's your bench at?

the bench just as good as OHP thing is a myth, there is little carryover from OHP to bench unless you have a glaring front delt weakness

what programming are you running for bench?

wew lad, those lower body lifts are way way way behind your OHP and bench

I have the exact opposite problem
>bench 1rm 225
>OHP 1rm 130
>bodyweight 155

Pls help

Im doing nsuns 5/3/1 and I've been on 235 on my 1+ set for a month, I know volume isn't the answer because I'm already benching 3 times a week.

I'm not progressing my lower body lifts that fast because I want to focus on my back problems which flare up when I start to fuck up on form, so I'm taking it slow with those lifts

Volume lad, at least your bench is amazing for that bodyweight.

I'm not familiar with n-Suns 5/3/1 other than the basic outline

3x a week is fine frequency wise, but how many hard heavy sets of bench are you actually doing? Are you doing enough hypertrophy work, direct tricep and chest work? I thought I was doing enough bench volume on Sheiko 3 day but it turned out I wasn't, when I upped my volume even more and especially added bbing style accessories I got some decent progress (on a cut oddly enough)

Are your arms long, by any chance? I notice that my OHP/Bench ratio is pretty high even without training the OHP at all, I think that might be a side effect of just being a mechanically shit bencher

Asking here since this seems to be the closest thread topic.

What are the benefits of barbell OHP compared to dumbbell OHP? It seems like dumbbells avoid that whole move the bar around the head issue.

Here are the numbers that I have and what accessories I do on the program, what accessories would you recommend for chest work because I don't really know any good ones to throw in there. As for arm length, they arent so long as im 5'10" so I don't think that's the problem

Pretty much that benefits are the ability to lift more weight and the whole pushing your head through during the lift helps a lot with trap development. There might be more but that's all I know.

that's a fair amount of volume, you should be progressing on that

how much are you eating?

cutting atm but I'm pretty fat so I should be able to progress since I think I'm over 20% bf

cutting suck
>kill me

nah you're not gonna progress on bench on a cut man

it's not going to happen, maybe like 5lbs of progress once in a blue moon on an exceptionally great day

but consistent progress on a cut is a pipe dream after a certain point, and you are beyond that point I think on bench and OHP

Looks like it's time to permabulk then

fwiw i couldn't even progress past 190x5 or so bench without bulking