So Veeky Forums, I'm graduating undergrad this week STEM 3.1 GPA

So Veeky Forums, I'm graduating undergrad this week STEM 3.1 GPA.

I'm an obese guy, 260 lb currently, lost 30 pounds in a diet in the past 2.5 months. I'm a big stress eater (which included downing a lot of soda) so college was never helpful for me. I'm of course planning to lose a lot more in the summer but am also looking for a job, chemistry related. I got a ton of interviews lined up but they dont know what a fat fuck I am. How badly is this going to affect me? I give a good interview but looks are important.

>he fell for the ""STEM meme" meme" meme

>Not post-ironically graduating into a meme career, and living an ironic meme life full of family memories and money.

1. you don't 'give a good interview', you 'perform well in interviews'
2. if you're a fat fuck, make sure you dress REALLY well and are VERY confident and cleaned up for your interview. charisma trumps physique any day

Wear a decent suit and no one will give a fuck (if you're male). If you're female then being a fat fuck pretty much writes you out of any decent job

Youre applying for a chemistry job not a wall street job, i imagine they will mostly all be ugly and fat like you

What did he mean by this?

>3.1

KEK

hes indian, they say 'give' for things we don't

>chemistry degree
Congrats you fell for a meme and you did a shitty job at it so its too late to pivot. Your career is ruined for the next 5 years until you can remove your GPA from your resume. Enjoy making that $13/hr because you're stuck there for the next 5 years of your life.

I got a chem degree with a worse GPA and got 22/hour off the bat.
>meme degree

literally what

>I got a chem degree with a worse GPA
>science major
>doesn't understand that anecdote isn't evidence
Still hourly, not a salary.

you went through the trouble of getting a chemistry degree and make 22 dollars an hour? LOL

What degree did you get? I was constantly finding jobs that paid pretty well for a entry level grad in chemistry. And I don't make hourly now but you see butthurt about someone getting a degree in a subject they like.

(You)

are you actually defending the fact that you spent 4 years doing all that work only to make 22 dollars an hour?

Lol that's it? Really?

I've got a shitty degree in IT from a shitty school with a shitty GPA.

I started out at 65k a year (33 an hour to you hourly fags) and didn't even really have to put any effort into finding a job

Me telling you something would only be anecdote. Not data.
And relax m8, I was just busting your chops. 22 an hour is pretty good imo. And at least you didn't get a shitty Liberal Arts degree.

Like $45,000+ with great benefits? It felt pretty good. It's above average too for graduates these days. I make 64k after 4 years of working.

congrats then I guess. Sorry if I didnt do something I dont like for the money.

>I've got a shitty degree
Anecdote
>I started out at 65k a year
Anecdote, again
>have to put any effort
Another anecdote

Lol, so you got basic stats waived for you program right?

you can make that out of high school

Why are people always salty as fuck every time a college degree comes up in Veeky Forums?

just shut the fuck up about the College meme, it's a ticket to a comfy lifestyle doing a job that's actually interesting with upward mobility.

not everything is about money.

fucking spastics

Oh you definitely can but you arent going to get to 64k in a couple years or have much upward mobility in your workplace right out of highschool. If there someone does do that, they're talented to the point that I wouldnt be able to compete with them.

Oh no, I've displeased the anecdote police. I didn't know we were still in college and writing academic papers on a board where we try to pretend we're not homosexuals while looking at nearly naked men all day.

If someone who went to a school with a literal 100% acceptance rate and got what basically amounts to a crackerjack box degree with a terrible GPA and started making 65k isn't enough of an indication that somebody fucked up - I don't know what is.

>I don't know what is.
That's right, you don't.