What Was Rolf's Homeland?

So I was wondering what you though Rolf's homeland was? The creator said he tried not to make him out to be any one stereotype, but I noticed a few things:
>Farms mostly in ground plants that are easy to grow in poor soil
>Obviously also a shepard
>Seems to talk and act very Eastern European
>Has a dark tan complexion
I think he might be Romanian cuz the dark skin, Eastern custom and being a shepard and all, but that's just a theory. Anyone got anything else?

He's Swiss

What's your evidence?

He doesn't talk very Eastern Euro, he acts more like a Swiss or some other form of southern Germany

Would a German/Swiss be so unrefined tho?

Yes
In the words of the creator
>The Old Country is a reference to the lifestyle of creator Danny Antonucci's parents, as the two were Italian immigrants fresh off the boat. Many of the Old Country's strange customs are a reference to how Danny's Antonucci's parents acted. The Old Country was not intended to be located anywhere specific
Rolf just happens to feel like someone from the Alps

So perhaps he's Tyrolean or Southern Swiss?

This.

But he is also a gypsy. Only thing that explains the dark complexion.

>sheperds don't get tan

>Rolf is a gypsy confirmed 2k18

>La Creatura

>Italy
>South German
AEIOU

Explain plox

Danny Antonucci based the character of Rolf on his own experience as a first generation Italian immigrant.

It wasn't him, it was his parents. See

He's clearly wearing a lederhosen and he's around mountains. This confirms he's Germanic and most likely might be around Switzerland/Austria.

What about the log cabin tho? Could be Swedish by that logic.

He doesn't look Swedish. More likely he lived in some Swiss rural village.

Can we get a pic to compare?

He's not supposed to be from any specific country. He's just supposed to represent a stereotypical immigrant with weird customs.

here's Heidi, anime made by Japs, but based on a children's story by a Swiss author about a Swiss girl living in Rural Switzerland, it'd be a bit hard to find pictures because I think, based on the creator's age, that he's meant as an immigrant of the early 20th century

forgot image

I can see it. Also kawaii af desu

I knew that fuck was a Germanic hunoid nigger.

Op said that, but of course there are similarities which we can observe. This is a thought experiment so to speak.

You dare mock the son of a Shepard?

I too always thought Rolf was Romanian.

Antonucci said he based Rolfe very loosely off of himself since his parents were immigrants and he often felt like an outsider. His parents were from Italy. So that's probably the closest answer you're ever going to get- Rolfe's homeland is intentionally fictitious/vague and a stir fry of various cultures for the sake of jokes.

Right? I got inspired to make this thread by hearing about the Vlachs in the Transylvania thread. They just seemed a lot like Rolf ya know?

It's not so much trying to find the "answer" but more about a thought experiment on culture.

Antonucci:
>Rolf is me and all of my cousins. My parents were right off the boat so I grew up playing to two worlds, the modern world and the 1950s Italian world. My parents like Rolf's lived - still live in the past, with strong traditions and strange cooking and having a hard time assimilating to modern life.
> Yeah, I purposely made Rolf with a non-nationality, especially after what happened with Lupo when we were accused of painting Italians in a bad light.

The Soviets should have exterminate your kind Rolf, you Germanic hunoid.

>Soviets
>Switzerland
Wew kid..