What are some of the shittiest, most uninformed things you have ever read on Veeky Forums or related to History ?

What are some of the shittiest, most uninformed things you have ever read on Veeky Forums or related to History ?

I'll start :

>"muh longbow took years to master while any peasant could shoot with a crossbow"
>"normans were NOT french"
>"normans were le french" (Counts too)
>"templars were so cool, deus dolt"
>"X is the best military ever ever"

>A
>also !A
good job OP

>"muh longbow took years to master while any peasant could shoot with a crossbow"
Could you post yourself pulling a 120+lb bow with no prior practice? It would be quite educational.

Of course I can. I will need a hydraulic press though.

>normans were NOT french
They weren't GAULS. French as in 'lived in France', sure.

>They weren't GAULS

And nor are the "regular" French
They're a mongrel mix of Gauls, Romans and Franks

And by 1066, the Normans had interbred so much that they were over 80% French genetically, so whatever the French are (be it Celts, Latins or Germanic) the Normans were that too (minus a few percentage of Nordic admixiture)

>Six million were killed with gas

>The Kiel mutiny was Jewish
>Danzig massacres
>The Frankfurt Assembly weren't pan-German
>Romans were Nordic because some emperors had blonde hair

Indeed. We must not forget the Jewish vtctims of the Holocaust that were worked to death, starved, kept in disease ridden camps, or simply shot.

Normans can't be french since the idea of a "french" identity is anachronistic in the XIth century and the normans shared cultural traits that set them apart from the rest of the aristocracy of the Kingdom of the Franks at the time.
Yet the people vehemently claiming that the normans were absolutly not french are often insecure englishmen who believe that History must always be looked with the sense of pride (Like the frenchmen vehemently claiming the normans were their kin) and refuse to accept the fact that the normans spoke french, and intermarried with the french people to the point of being of the same blood.

I was mostly critical with the idea that crossbow were the weapon of the commoner in the middle ages, despite the fact that it was expensive and crossbowmen were paid more than longbowmen in any european nation, probably because the crossbow needed pre-industrial workshops while the longbow is a weapon found in primitive tribes.

I was gonna say this was the most brainlet post I've read on Veeky Forums. But then this guy came around.

Your sarcasm is uncouth and unbecoming an anonymous shitposter.

>"There were more than 900,000 Jews in all of axis territory during WW2"

>Nazis themselves in the Wannsee Conference in 1942 estimated 11 million jews in Europe, half of them not in axis territory
>Half of 11 is 5.5 millions
>5.5 millions is more than 900000

They weren't real nazis

>implying the jews weren't lying about their population to claim extra welfare

you do the math

civil war was about something other than slavery

>it's a war about family

>whine about anachronism
>use the term "Franks" to describe the French post-9th century

The absolute state of this board
French indentity did exist in the 11th century (just as German entity did), what didn't exist however was a French nation-state

So quit using the term "Franks" to describe people who lived two centuries after the end of the Frankish Empire

all those mentions of slavery in the southern constitutions really subverted my expectations

>I was mostly critical with the idea that crossbow were the weapon of the commoner in the middle ages, despite the fact that it was expensive and crossbowmen were paid more than longbowmen in any european nation, probably because the crossbow needed pre-industrial workshops while the longbow is a weapon found in primitive tribes.

That doesn't change the fact that it was a relatively easy to use weapon in comparison to longbows.

I guess you could say that the Emancipation Proclamation BROKE NEW GROUND

Is slavery replacing Rich Evans?

>The Russians were the good guys in WW2
>Vietnam was just about fighting communism
>Every native tribe was peaceful in North America
>J.F.K. Dindu nuffin, he was a perfect president
>Jesus was white
>Jesus was black
>Jesus was magical
>Jesus was real at all

Not him but I would say that the crossbows used for war purposes at the time required some extra gear to properly use, and it wasn't exactly something a commoner knows how to make or that everyone keeps around on the farm. Crossbows were usually in the hands of professional soldiers, same as longbows.

Even a denier would say it’s more realistic

Assuming there is a conspiracy it would be more for giving good justification to the US to support Israel and stop it from being instantly annihilated by it’s zealous neighbours

>a little under half of romania’s Population is jewish
Why didn’t they just set up a new holy land in Romania?

>Jesus was real at all
>t

Was*

"Hirohito wanted to surrender but the Emperor didn't". No comment stuck in my head like that one did.

hitler lead the bolsheviks to victory!!!

The king was literally called Roi des Francs or King of the Franks until Philipp August in 1200. So using the term Franks is probably more correct than French. Although I don't think either of them fit the decentralized hodgepodge that is 11th century France.

From last night
>Khomeini was an american stooge and the 79 revolution was an CIA operation

Read Codreanu. He was deathly convinced that Jews were trying to colonize Romania. Many Romanians were, in fact, and that led to a great deal of antisemitic sentiment.

>The French Revolution (specifically the Terror) was a necessary evil

>templars weren't so cool

tell me why holy and mighty movement called the templars weren't cool? Are you some butthurt sandnigger?

>So using the term Franks is probably more correct than French

Not at all, it was a LARP
Would you call the people of the HRE "Romans"?

The Franks ceased to be a thing in the 9th century
In their stead, the French appeared on the West and the Germans appeared on the East
The French kept LARPing as Franks for a few centuries while the Germans decided to LARP as Romans instead

>muh everything that isn't a nation state is a non-country

>templars
>holy
>mighty
pick 2

Saladin should've sent their heads to Rome, insha'allah.

china was irrelevant before the 20s century

>Jesus wasn't a real person who studied religions in a Buddhist temple and traveled around teaching people philosophy.

>a collection of rapists and murderers looking to escape justice, encouraged by Bernard de Clairvaux to kill indiscriminately people of different religions, who grew to become completly corrupt thanks to their banking system

wow, so this is the might of pious christians ?

The King was called King of Franks, like I said here It would also be wrong to say that they larped strictly as franks, since they also larped as goths if they came from Aquitain, they larped as bretons, as occitani, as burgundians. The idea of a unified, french identity with a common ethnical and even genetical background only came with the Hundred Years War ; Exactly like the modern "english" identity only became a thing that united society during this war.

this is pretty true

unless you're chinese, china was not in any fashion important to world history

>invented gunpowder, paper, the printing press, the compass, and was involved in Europe through trade especially of silk
>"not in any fashin important to world history"

If you say things like that then I wonder which country was important to world history.

>The King was called King of Franks, like I said here

Yeah, and until the 19th century, the German emperor was called "Holy Emperor of the Romans", so I guess the German were Romans...

The French identity has existed as a distinct identity in the Western part of the Frankish Empire since the early 9th century
Then in 843, the empire disolved and the Western part became its own country

By the 11th century, the French had their very own identity and language, completly different from the German one in the East or even from the Frankish one of their ancestors

The French kings kept LARPing as Franks since there was no opposition to that (the other descendents of the former Frankish Empire, the Germans chose to LARP as Romans instead), but that doesn't mean they were anything like the Franks were

This thread

>be templar
>lose against fucking turks
>get BTFO by papacy later as well
>8 centuries later some edgy kids think you were cool and succesful

>Napoleon was a white supremacist because he was compensating for being non-white

Their may have been a French identity but most of what we now know as France wasn't included it. Britany, Antiquain, Normandy, and Gasconi had stronger regional rather than local identities.

I have not contested that but as pointed out the "french" identity did not exist. There was a proto-french language, and slowly under the Capet's reign there was the build of a french identity, but every region had their own LARPing and proud ancestry. A gascon, a breton, and even a norman was seen as a foreigner in Paris. Rigord, the chronicler of Philip Augustus, called himself "goth" because he came from Aquitaine. The real idea of a united french culture and ethnicity was only born with the HYW and later fully came with the Renaissance ; Even if local regional identities still existed, and did so until the XIX-XXth century, a breton or an occitani also felt that he was somewhat french even if the dialect he spoke and the law he followed and even the food he ate was different than a frenchman of Toulouse.

>da nahtzees wer da gewd guyz XD

Is completely true. While not a complicated weapon to use. A lowbow takes lots of time to develop strength.

I shoot Olympic recurve and it took me about a year to have the strength to use a 35lb bow. These guys were using 120lb bows.

You're right indeed, except for Normandy
They were part of the "Frenchiest" French regions (in blue on the map)

By the 11th century, there was barely any distinction between a Norman and a Parisian or an Angevin (while Bretons, Aquitains or Gascons however were still very different in language and culture)

>Commies are evil and communist revolutions had no reason to happen at all!

More states cited 'states rights' than slavery btw

>anarcho anything
>not troo communism