Why don't more people know about the Ruby Ridge incident...

Why don't more people know about the Ruby Ridge incident? It's the most horrifying story I've ever heard of what the government can do to you if you don't conform, even if you're in the land of the """""free""""".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IkA1YMbE7fE
byington.org/carl/ruby/ruby4.2.htm
articles.chicagotribune.com/1995-07-20/news/9507200155_1_kiri-jewell-branch-davidian-waco
nytimes.com/1994/01/15/us/cult-had-illegal-arms-expert-says.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>neo-nazis whining about an abusive and intrusive government
lol

>the government laid siege against his house, murdered his wife and son, and maliciously spread lies about him afterwards

But it's okay though, because he thinks things I disagree with.

t. ATF

>be religious nut weirdo
>stockpile guns
>be told to go to court over this
>dont show up
>cops go to arrest you
>they know you have guns and a suicidal religion
>open fire on cops
>siege occurs
>end up getting your son, wife, and even dog killed all over your selfish retarded bullshit
>be held as some hero and marty to fringe racist retarded weirdos
amazing. Now just imagine the EXACT same story, but his religion is islam instead of some weird baptist cult offshoot

>Its the most hilarious story of what happens to you when you try to start a government revolt with two of your drinking buddies

FTFY

He had good reason not to show up. The magistrate told him that if he lost the court case he would lose his house, and his wife would be homeless. He already mistrusted the government, and they had already screwed up on some documentation already, convincing him that there was a conspiracy to put him away, which was basically true.

What sort of argument is this? He knows that if he doesn't try to defend himself in court he gets arrested, he knows that if he gets arrested at his home he puts his wife and children in the middle of a fire fight. Are we supposed to treat lunatics with kid gloves just because they are white and naturalized citizens?

Well since he did nothing wrong to begin with they never should've come to his house. He was 100% correct that the government was out to get him, and he wanted to defend himself.

>if we say he's a Nazi we can do whatever we want to him and get away with it

Are you mixing up Ruby Ridge and Waco there?

Wasn't the charge that he made an illegal shotgun modification for an FBI informant?

Pretty sure he is.

LAW AND ORDER

just do it legally and obey orders given by law enforcement, Enrique :^]

>if we say hes a Nazi we can do whatever we want to him and get away with it

Weaver came on the ATF's radar when he was introduced to an ATF undercover agent at a World Aryan Congress meeting. Weaver sold the ATF agent two illegal sawed off shotguns, when the ATF tried to use this leverage to make Weaver an informant against the Aryan Nations, Weaver refused and hence was indicted on illegal weapons charges.

All told the son of a bitch did a year and change in prison and recieved over 3 million dollars in damages. I sure hope is wife and son feel their deaths were worth protecting their dumbass Nazi father.

Umm no, he was communist and fought capitalist oppressors

>going to a meeting means you're a fully paid up, card carrying member

Whether he was a nazi, nazi sympathizer, or just "curious" as he describes himself in hsi book, he is one guy wanted for relatively innocuous charges that manning up to, would have saved his wife and child. Instead he gives his son an assault rifle and goes marching off into the woods and we all know what happened next. Not to say the FBI didn't over exert force, but then again, law enforcement in this country does that every fucking day dont they.

>Are we supposed to treat lunatics with kid gloves just because they are white and naturalized citizens?
Exactly. If this was some nig getting nogged, nobody here would give a shit or would argue that he brought it on himself.

If this thread was about 60s protestors or BLM and government overreaction there would be ten posts about how we should have let the cops mow people down by now...

Hell if he was black "why didn't the dumb nigger go to court when he was you'd," would be the common response.

Ha, had the exact same thought as me.

Well no shit, most posters on here are white or "white" Americans, why wouldn't they be rooting for their own team? And I also don't mean that in a judgmental way, I'm guilty of the same thing when it comes to communists being removed

Okay? So don't do that then

He was a religious weirdo who was stockpiling weapons for the apocalypse

Soembody greentext the details of Ruby Ridge for me please. I don't know about this and only trust Veeky Forums Veeky Forumstorians

Just ignore the part where they changed the court date without informing him

>he is one guy wanted for relatively innocuous charges that manning up to, would have saved his wife and child.
Actually, what would have saved his wife and child is the police not murdering them.

>Randy Weaver is a sort of crazy, sort of racist guy in the middle of nowhere with his family
>friendly with members of a white supremacist group, but he is not a member
>meets an FBI mole at the Aryan Nation
>FBI guy tries to trap Randy in a weapons charge, and use it to convince him to help spy on the Aryan Nation
>Weaver refuses, he's no snitch
>they tell him to appear in court
>he doesn't show up
>government shows up to his house
>they agitate the dogs
>Randy's 14 year old son Sammy comes out to see what's what
>firefight ensues
>dog is killed, as well as one of the government men
>Sammy is shot in the back while he's running away
>later the cops shoot Randy's wife in the head while she's holding a baby
>the government spreads malicious lies about Randy to make him seem worse than he is, and it works
>youtube.com/watch?v=IkA1YMbE7fE
>Randy gives himself up after 11 days once they bring in his old commanding officer from the Marines to talk him out
>goes to prison for failure to appear
>government eventually has to pay the Weaver family multiple millions of dollars

I already made the point that the FBI over-used the power of deadly force. The larger point is that Randy Weaver put knowingly put his family in harms way.

>It's his fault they murdered his family, he didn't show up to court!

Yeah that dumbass Randy Weaver letting his wife exist their home, he should have known better than to trust FBI niggers with sniper rifles

>don't pay ~$1,000 in tax stamps
>wife shooter'd, tank runs you over, family burns to death
>story comes out afterwards that you're a degenerate chomo/cultist and had it cummin'

dis is the brice of freedum

How is one white guy in his house not bothering anyone equivalent to hundreds of niggers destroying millions of dollars of public property?

>weaver is a racist
>goes to white nationalist meeting
>sells illegal sawed off shotguns to some guy there
>turns out hes an FBI agent undercover
>leverage the charge with him. They let him go if he becomes a spy for them
>he refuses
>so they are going to arrest him for the illegal gun charges
>he shoots at the police
>siege happens
>results in his wife, son, dog, and a few nazi friends dying
>is held as some heroic patriot by paranoid racist in the early 90s

Ruby Ridge is just the most lucid example of how it is literally impossible to live outside of 'the system'. Whether you want to participate or not, you don't have a say in a matter.

t. Government

>HE WAS A NAZI! IT'S OKAY WE MURDERED HIS FAMILY, HE HAS OPINIONS WE DEEM INCORRECT! SERIOUSLY, HE WAS A WHITE SUPREMACIST, DON'T VERIFY THAT CLAIM, JUST TRUST US!

>plenty of hippie retards live outside the system, all because they dont sell illegal weapons to undercover feds

he was a fucking idiot

no one died because of his opinions, they died because he sold weapons to an undercover fed then shot at cops when they came to arrest him. Of course an overly emotional dumb polnigger would love him.

>can't saw off a shotgun in the land of the """"""""""""""""""""free""""""""""""""""""""

They died entirely because of his opinions. The only reason they were going after Weaver in the first place was to get him to spy on other people they didn't like because they think naughty thoughts.

>hand poor redneck a couple shotguns
>tell him you'll pay him a lot to saw the barrels short
>shoot him

It was totally entrapment, but all he had to do was show up in court.

>watches Netflix once
>"I, a 90s kid, have a thorough understanding of American right wing militia groups, the Clinton Administration and alternative lifestyles. Praise Ted."
Pop historian genocide when?

>When Weaver did not appear in court on February 20, Judge Ryan issued a bench warrant for failure to appear in court.[30] On February 26, Ken Keller, a reporter for the Kootenai Valley Times, telephoned the U.S. Probation Office and asked whether the reason that Weaver did not show in court on February 20 was that the letter sent to him by Richins had the incorrect date.[31] Upon finding a copy of the letter, the Chief Probation Officer, Terrence Hummel, contacted Judge Ryan's clerk and informed them of the incorrect date in the letter. Hummel also contacted the U.S. Marshals Service and Weaver's attorney informing them of the error. The judge, however, refused to withdraw the bench warrant.[31]
Fucking dumbass Nazi should have known it was a typo

>they are white and naturalized citizens?
spotted the leftist

No way, fuck commies

Everything about this makes my blood boil

Ssshhh, don't question the narrative.

they died because he shot at cops after selling them illegal weapons.

They actually died because the police decided to shoot a kid in the back while he was running away, and to shoot a woman in the head while she's holding a baby. But he deserved it. He failed to appear in court for a weapons charge. Why does any citizen need a weapon like that? What's he scared of, a tyrannical government coming to his house and murdering his family?

I'm not even American and I know it, it was everywhere in the news in Europe when it happened and they even made a movie with Randy Quaid about it.

>they died because Geraldo Rivera made up a fake story of his helicopter being shot at after which ATF niggers stormed their home shooting their dogs unannounced causing their son and his friend to shoot back, resulting in a dead son and dead ATF nigger, which caused the FBI niggers to set up snipers around the entire perimeter, shooting his wife in the head with their child in her arms, forcing them inside until they finally made verbal contact with Weaver at which point he immediately surrendered, showing he had no intent to start a firefight
ftfy

B-but he's a nazi...

>>be told to go to court in May over this
>>dont show up in April
>>police shoot your son, his friend, and your wife while she was holding a baby

Wait, wait what?
Gimme that source niggo

its the wiki article.

byington.org/carl/ruby/ruby4.2.htm

>literal entrapment fbi autism
>wrong date on the letter
>shoot his running son and his wife holding a baby
I'm not saying he did nothing wrong but people here are unironically blaming him instead of thr FBI?

Yes, didn't you hear? He was a white supremacist!

*ATF autism
FBI fucked up too, but it was the ATF and MSM that started the entire situation.

Ok

>relatively innocuous charges
Illegal firearms is not innocuous.

He was a racist libertarian survivalist, not a nazi.

It is when the ATF gives you the guns and just asks you to take a saw to them for some quick money. It's just like the FBI finding the dumbest, poorest Muslim taxi cabbie, hands him a bomb, then arrests him and celebrates fighting the war on terror

Probably ironically.
Anything that is controversial, or at least stupid, and could probably set somebody off, is very probably bait. On the off chance it isn't bait, they're probably retarded. It isn't worth responding to either way.
In this case, it's pretty much entirely the FBI's fault. The incident has been dissected again and again. Its occurrence prompted a serious reevaluation of FBI and law enforcement procedure for events like this. Yeah, the dude was no saint. But his only crimes were skipping court and sawing off a shotgun. The FBI showed up to his house with an enormous posse armed and loaded, and were extremely jumpy.

>blackmail is okay if my ruling friends do it
also """"""""""""""""""""illegal""""""""""""""""""

People like this deserve a torturous death.
Timothy McVeigh did NOTHING FUCKING WRONG.

That's Waco ..well that's what the government tells us about waco. I'm no expert on the subject so I'm not going to pretend I know exactly what went on

Daily reminder that the same goon who murdered Vicki Weaver was also involved in the siege at Waco.

That's right keep drinking that Kool aid

We just had this thread on /tv/, are redditors seriously going to say that women and children deserve to be lit on fire because a man was legally having sex with 15 year old girls?

OF COURSE it was a non-white invader.

Waco is not ruby ridge

>killing a family over a couple inches in barrel length

I thought AnCaps were supposed to be the ridiculous ones?

>Why don't more people know about the Ruby Ridge incident?

Because you're a kid I guess, it was a massive news story in the 90s and along with Waco led to the Oklahoma City Bombing, the worst terrorist incident in US history prior to 911.

>all the asshurt /pol/tards responding to this post

>Weaver sold the ATF agent two illegal sawed off shotguns
>ATF agent was the one who approached Weaver
>gave him the shotguns and asked him to shorten the barrels
>he did so to the legal limit
>ATF goes "nuh uh"
>tells him if he doesn't risk his life for them he's going to jail

>what is entrapment

Weaver wasn't a naturalized citizen you fucktard, he's American born.

Except that's not what happened, you fucking liar. Evidence showed he never shot at LEO

cults deserve nothing but death. they should have dropped a JADAM right on that compound. assuming were talking about waco here.

>be American
>government rolls around with a small army to slaughter your family
>after they tried to flimflam you for menial bullshit
>twenty years later fascists on Veeky Forums say it was your fault
F

>killed in crossfire
>executed in police custody
I'm assuming the former.

You're a fucking liar, or stupid. Weaver didn't shoot at cops. Read some, you fucking faggot. You're lying over and over.

>then shot at cops when they came to arrest him
Except that never happened

Which is not a crime.

>wrong date on the letter
You're assuming that one letter is the only time either the government or his lawyer tried to contact him. Both his lawyer and the government sent him numerous letter leading up to the trial date and never got a response. A corrected letter was sent to the defendant the day after the incorrect was sent out and again he did not respond. After getting nothing from his known acquaintances, checking up on him was justified.

Because most BLM protests had no property damage but you still had police on riot gear pointing guns at citizens for "organizing without a permit."

Income Lamar modifies some guns for ATF agents at a meeting held by Crips, or Paco at MS13. " I don't belong to the gang, I just went to a meeting and help them with weapons."

Gets served.
"Haha, nigga, there a typo here, I don't need to show up in court based on my own legal opinion."

Cops show up on his block.

"Quick son take this gat."

Even if all those guns are legal, every reply here is "lol niggers don't just listen to the police and put their hands up. Why didn't the nog just argue his case."

Basically all you /pol/ fags defended the cop who smoked the guy who told the cop he had a gun in his car on tape because his hand left the steering wheel for .2 seconds after the cop yelled at him for ID. That's fine, this is some big bad government conspiracy though.

>E-eveyone is lying but the criminal

Hmmmm...

You're obviously trolling. I never said that, and the evidence shows I am right about him not shooting at LEO.

He didnt sell them illegal guns, then they immediatly started shooting at him you retard.

>Runs into woods with a gun in an ambush position
>Wanted on warrant for weapons charges
>Know to associate with criminal gang
>Friend and son inside with more weapons

He wuz a good boy. He dindu nothin! Da cops showed up armed for no reason!

So the only thing wrong in that scenario is that they have guns, and some esoteric he-said she-said tiff with lawmen?

I mean, the Koresh thing was that he allegedly didn't pay like $200 in tax stamps, they burned them all alive then called him a chomo so it was okay.

No. They let media in and published articles about how the cult was letting him diddle kids and how he had an arsenal of automatic weapons.

Also neighbors complained about automatic fire comming from the compound.

The ATF raid was botched, but it's unclear who fired the first shots or how the fire started.

After the raid was over it turned out they had dozens of modified automatic weapons and the some of kids had been diddled, but that doesn't excuse the shitty raid or tactics employed.

Koresh was ballsy as fuck. Fucking a ton of men and fucking their 12 year old daughters while surrounded by guns they could have grabbed. Whew.

>On August 5, 1989, Howell released the "New Light" audio tape, in which he stated he had been told by God to procreate with the women in the group to establish a "House of David" of his "special people". This involved separating married couples in the group and agreeing that only he could have sexual relations with the wives, while the men should observe celibacy.[15][16

>According to the paper, Koresh declared he was entitled to at least 140 wives, that he was entitled to claim any of the females in the group as his, that he had fathered at least a dozen children, and that some of these mothers became brides as young as 12 or 13 years old.[19]

But the warrants were for unpaid ATF tax stamps, not diddling, which is why it was carried out by the incompetent ATF. And a neighbor saying, "ohmygawd it sounds like a machine gun," is hardly any proof, while the guns were all burned up to even see if they had the slight modification to make them fully automatic in the first place.

Would be interested in a link to a substantiated diddle claim though.

*NFA tax stamps, excuse me

The warrant had the illegal fire arms on it too you retard.

As to the diddling

articles.chicagotribune.com/1995-07-20/news/9507200155_1_kiri-jewell-branch-davidian-waco

They found 48 unburnt automatic weapons.

nytimes.com/1994/01/15/us/cult-had-illegal-arms-expert-says.html

Congrats, your defending a child molester and his enablers who as likely as not shot first and murdered law enforcement.

Ah, so it was true. I said that the warrant had illegal firearms (disagree with NFA, but still have to follow the law) and nothing about sexual assault of minors. Didn't know of the substantiated diddling or if it was cover-story media complicity, which is why I asked.

Didn't defend either. He was a whacko cult leader loon, and the ATF burned all the "victims" they were trying to save alive. Nobody was in the "right," there. Not paying your tax stamp on an NFA device isn't a good reason to get a tank rammed in your house either. Running a pedo rape cult would be good grounds, but killing every brainwashed follower in there isn't really the best solution to that problem.

>Ah, so it was true.
Well, it's true a child made an accusation against him.