Develop small dull pain deep in my knee a few months ago

>develop small dull pain deep in my knee a few months ago
>figure no big deal and buy knee sleeves
>doesn't bother me too much, still mild pain when I take knee sleeves off after a hard workout
>on vacation starting today and after about 5 miles of walking I have a deep throbbing pain in my knee

How fuck is my knee? It's never a sharp pain, or bad enough to make me stop. Just a dull discomfort in it.

You sure you don't have a bakers cyst mate? Get the shit checked, cause ya'll pop that shit, you're in for a world of pain

Get it checked with scans dude. Lots of potential causes.

Could be anything, the only way to be sure is to get a scan of some sort

That looks a lot like my case of chondromalacia patella. Does your knee swell if you walk for long periods of time?

Sadly as an American healthcare is unaffordable. I have insurance, pay 200 a month, and my deductible is $7500 and a MRI or cat scan would cost at least $5000

America is cucked. I feel sorry for you.

Ah well shit man, that's a tad fucked.

I honestly would recommend trying to really take it light, not putting a lot of strain on your knee and trying as best you can to survive man.

I really don't know what to tell ya, obviously you gotta work and move and shit, so ya'll ain't gonna be able to really do that, but I can't really see any remedy if you don't know what's fucking your shit up mate

That's the thing. I would just say "oh I'll lay off of working out a while to let it heal" but it's flared up worse today with the extended walking than it normally does after a workout.

Maybe it has something moreso to do with the motion of your knees then, rather than the weight. So if walking is flaring it, maybe it has to do with the bone on bone grinding?

And as well as, if you're lifting, on top of working (I assume you're doing a 9-5, or something), with a fucked knee, then it's really not gonna be healing (assuming it can) so possibly consider becoming more sedentary where you can, at least until a better concept of what's going on can occur.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but you don't wanna be destroying your knee and then having to go to hospital

Also, if you could give a better description of what's going on with your knee, in terms of pain, area of pain (e.g. behind the kneecap), whether any visible symptoms (e.g. swelling, bruising, etc.) or anything really that might help people who have more medical knowledge get a clearer understanding, it could help overall with responses.

Luckily my 9-5 is just me sitting on my ass so I don't really work it too much at work.

As for the sensation it feels to be in the center of my knee, not to the sides or the front or back but dead center, and it's just a dull pain. Normally it's just a dull pain right after a workout and that's it, but today,after walking 5 or so miles, it was a slightly more noticeable pain (still nothing to make me whence in pain) and after I took a 30 minute nap and I stood up the knee felt kinda stiff, which has never happened.

Sounds like ACL/PCL tear but I'm not a doctor. It won't heal on its own you need surgery. Bye bye $7000 deductible.

It's really starting to sound like it has to do with actual bone on bone action. Which to me, with my pleb fucking knowledge, could be that your cartilage is wearing thin, so there's less cushion stopping the friction of your knees rubbing together. Possibly read up on it and see whether it sounds similar to what you're experiencing.

Full disclaimer though, I ain't an expert, and i sure as fuck ain't fully knowledgeable when it comes to joint related issues.

You have two options: ignore it or get it scanned. If you can't afford to get it scanned you now have one option. We can't talk you into your own financial situation and we can't diagnose your knee issue.

What makes you say that?

Thanks for the insight. I'll read up on it though. Although from my 100% uneducated opinion I would think bone on bone would be very painful

It's not literal just bone on bone, it's a gradual wear. I assume that it would start as discomfort and then blow into full blown pain like arthritis. But at this point, I'm just taking stabs into the dark, and all that's gonna do is make you unnecessarily nervous.

I'd monitor how you're going, try to keep up your lifestyle as best you can, maybe try knee related exercises and see if it helps. But ultimately is right, we won't be of much use, definitely no where near as much as a scan or doctors opinion would be. It just sucks that your health system is shit mate.

Just ignore it.

You should have a real career/job that pays for your insurance

stack get off the internet and get laid already

Bursitis

>tfw you finally got a good job that does that

Self employed

I would get laid, but I'm on vacation without my wife so my only option would be to fuck some Ukrainian whore.

ruptured cruciate most likely

enjoy snap city and 6-9 month rehab

>self employed

Yea OK

how much do you make. im curious