What are some Veeky Forums approved books?

what are some Veeky Forums approved books?

five rings

bullshit book. 48 laws of power is the alpha male book every man should read it. how to win friends and influence people is how to become a suck up cuck and be a grinder at life

I miss /fitlit/

Although these books are excellent (except Art of War), the list is very arbitrary. Most of them have nothing to do with fitness; it's just basically a Veeky Forums primer with no tether whatsoever to Veeky Forums.

I'm not saying these books should not be read, I'm saying this list is very capricious and whoever made it was bascially just selecting canon-spot books they liked and calling it a day.

The justification crudely tacked on at the bottom left could be justification for ANY book in the canon, so it's easily dismissed as justification for this small list, surely.

art of war is a good book what u on about.

>art of war is a good book
It's very useful if your name is Mattis and have no fucking idea what you're doing

>48 laws of power is the alpha male book

No, it isn't. It's pic related for the powerless. Just like a fatty picks up pic related and thinks it will change their life, 48 Laws of Power is mostly read by beta cuck losers who will stay beta cuck losers no matter how many 'inspirational' pages they read about Napoleon. There's a reason this book is popular with inmates—the most powerless members of society.

Apparently every fat Ass middle manager reads and believes that horseshit. I was talking with a hiring manager the other day, and he asked me what I dislike about my current boss I said my boss is a good dude but he reads these ridiculous airport books and believes them, they're like the fuggin sparknotes of introspective writing. Then I started talking shit about 48 laws of power and the guy got visibly upset. He cut out early and sent me a shit offer, even for his company.

>I started talking shit about 48 laws of power
What is your opinion on it?

It is a series of contradicting suggestions from famous people, which neither is useful for understanding these actors or the reasons why they were successful.

Well talking shit about anything on a job interview is a sign that you don't know the basic etiquette of job interviews, even at McDonalds.

I can recommend that book. I always thought that people would like to learn what's right if they're wrong so they don't stay wrong. This book says you shouldn't tell them. It's great advice, bad for the people, but good for you. Never tell people if they're wrong. So simple, so beautiful.
About all this praising and being understanding stuff I don't know so much, I think I just can't do it.

Obligatory, this is where you start.

total fallacy

fuck off left leaning libtard.
pacifism is for cucks

Kowtowing to Israel is far more cucky.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised. I thought it was going to be a bunch of macho bullshit, like what the Art Of Manliness crowd read thinking that they're broadening their minds while reading the same set of antiquated values.
This list is just a Veeky Forums primer, but that's a good thing.

>criticises a military figure for being bad at their job
>they must be a pacifist! they must be a librul! they must be a leftist!
It's cute how the alt-right like to signal stupidity to fit in.

>implying im american
im not

It's a great book stfu

this

kekd hard

"how to be a fucking snake" the book.

a snake would bite them in the back, the book is just about how to work with average people and avoid the usual bullshit

Read Dostoevsky

I read this when I was like 14. It was a great book and I think it improved me socially, significantly.

if you aren't reading the right stuff for your particular personality, reading is about as good for you as masturbating and cumming into your own mouth for sport.

good start

>Mattis
>bad at his job

Fuck right off.

>Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Reading now, can confirm is good.

But you didn't make any criticism.

Dr Seuss books. All that shit is lit.

cringe

"How to win friends and influence people" can be summarized by 3 words. Be. A. Sycophant. There BAM!! trash. 48 laws of power and 33 strategies of war should be a must read of someone wants to be ALPHA!!!

>trashes original trash
>praises new trash

Look at the dude who wrote those books. Guy basically ran around grabbing coffees for actors until he was late 40's.

good book. can confirm

>tfw no depression bc every shitty situation is a pathway to growth and development

>48 watered-down dark triad blurbs to make everyone think you're a power-hungry asshole
Unless you're a Wall Street exec with 10 charisma these tricks will just make people hate you.

Is there any self-help book that's not either "good firm handshake" or pop-Machiavelli?
It seems like every one of these I've checked out is either boomer-tier suck-uppery or edgy "manipulate everyone and crush your enemies" shit.

Man's Search for Meaning is not really a self-help book, but it definitely changed my perspective on life. As cliche as it sounds, you have the power to change your mindset even in extremely shitty circumstances.

ive read that book, if you follow everything in that book it will turn you into a pussy.. take bits and pieces at best.

>I missed the point of both books: The post

go away and when you're over 18 read them again

oh hey Joe Rogan

Cato was a bitch

fight me