Deadlifts: Should You Train Them With Back Or Legs?

Deadlifts on leg day or on back day? Help a brah out.

on your lower split

thank me later

Back day. On leg day your quads and posterior chain will be tired from squats, and thus it will be very difficult to maintain proper form on both lifts. Separating them allows you to go hard at both.
The real question is, what day should you train overhead press in a PPL routine?

Yea you're probably right. Doing deadlifts after having done squats and leg press is quite exhausting desu.

Push, of course.

OHP deserves to be trained before bench on push days. It's a more important lift for strength, and a more valuable lift for aesthetics, than bench press.

>not deadlifting everyday

is that photoshopped

I mean, the bar isn't bending

Deadlifts are a BACK EXERCISE. Glutes and hamstrings are obviously essential to support the movement, but the muscles contracting and moving the weight are in your back.

>not fucking up your CNS

>muh overtraining

i bet you dont even push yourself hard enough for your cns to be stressed enough for it to be mattering.

>Glutes and hamstrings are obviously essential to support the movement, but the muscles contracting and moving the weight are in your back.
I think you've got it backwards

prime movers when deadlifting should be always glutes and hamstrings, maybe also quads and adductors if were talking sumo

you have no idea what you are talking about my dude.

unless you're counting the glutes as a back muscle, deadlift isn't a back exercise

OP here, found it on google, might be shopped

Why not both?

My problem is I feel like shoulders don't get enough love after hitting bench hard, because triceps get burned out.

Used to do it on push but I moved it and all my shoulder exercises to leg day since it was taking away from my bench.

This

On push days I alternate between chest first and delts first.

This, and add some delt isolation too if you aren't already doing it. No risk of feeling undertrained then

You realize that engaging your spinal erectors won't cause you to stand up from a crouched position, right? You can't "neutral spine" your way out of the hole.

Same. I rotate flat bench and OHP as my first two exercises on push day, then do incline bench as my third followed by lateral raises. Plenty of work for my lateral and anterior deltoids. Pull day takes care of the posterior delts.

I always use my back, NEVER with my legs. The reason is that people don't realize that it helps your back posture and fights against that natural curve that your back has which gets worse as you get older and why you see soo many people using Zimmer frames to walk around.

Thanks bro

Don't squat and dead on the same day is all. Both squats and deads require strong back and strong legs.

I vacillate back and forth. Legs will get stronger, then my back is the weak point. Back gets stronger, then legs are the weak point.

This ends up being true for both my squats and deads, as my back fatigues before my legs do. So I rep out with squats or deads, then accessory lift my back and leg press and isolate legs to keep advancing.

>deadlifting every day doesnt damage your cns

k

it puts stress on cns

it doesnt damage it you garbage can
if anything it makes it more effective i dealing with stress

>the muscles contracting and moving the weight are in your back
Yeah, if you do them completely wrong. Don't give advice if you don't know shit

>maybe quads
Always quads

fullbody pussi

the muscles you use to get it off the ground are your leg muscles. the muscles you use when you hold the weight at the top are generally back muscles

you do deadlifts on deadlift day...

This is the correct answer.

yeah i was just saying if it really is prime mover or not

in conv less quads but yes they are there from bottom

They extend the knee so definitely a prime mover

>not alternating deadlifting and squatting @8 for a single and @9 for reps every day in the gym, and benching daily
>not building momentum

It's like you fuckers don't want to get big and strong or something.

lol ok raph

back day
I do squats and OHP on leg day, a 3rd compound exercise would kill me

This is A#1, top most retard training. Way to go, quad mongo.

t. DYEL