Wuz dey kangz?

Genuine curiosity. What is the actual evidence for/against these ideas of Ancient African supremacy, African civilizations influencing Central America and of no slavery in pre-European Africa? If it's all bs, where did this whole theory come from? In relation to writings of Robin Walker etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Empire
independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/dna-sequencing-of-ancient-phoenician-remains-could-make-us-reconsider-the-history-of-human-movement-a7048046.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>no slavery in pre-European Africa?
What a ridiculous strawman, I've taken african history courses at uni literally no one believes this. It's well known and uncontroversial that slavery existed prior to euros

See I was almost certain that there was, that a lot of these civilizations were even built around it. But the school of thought in question seems to suggest that this isn't the case, which leads me to question how they're backing these claims up

Are these people just outright denying history?
Pic relevant, Robin Walker

If that's what he's claiming then yes he is.

It's fringe shit that very few black people in real life are even aware of let alone believe in. With the possible exception of the Egypt shit sometimes.

When Walker talks about "before the slave trade" he's specifically talking about the Trans-Atlantic and Triangle Trade

But there's still a developed and sophisticated slave trade at work

so any idea as to where all this shit emerged from? This whole notion that Europe was black, Africa pre-European was utopian and that Black civilisations colonised the US? Any source on who started these theories?

We literally have this thread every day.

There were kings and emperors in Africa, so yes. I don't know what are they bitching around

mali, ethiopia, somalia, zimbabwe, ghana and are examples of sub saharan african civilisations. its not genetics

It was propagated by black esoteric societies which, ironically, were mostly emulating 19th century and early 20th century white esoteric societies, especially those of an identitarian bent like the nordicists and the israelites and other stuff like theosophy.
They jumped late on the Egyptomania bandwagon, absorbed all the Orientalist memes about the "Moors", and of course they claimed all those people were of their own race, and that they were themselves their spiritual and even biological heirs.
I cannot overstate how banal this phenomenon was, except for the fact that it was non-Europeans engaging in it.

Ghana and Songhai had hegemony over the Moors for about 500 years in the north west sahara and had a monopoly on the gold and salt trade until the Moors beat them in the 1592.

Egypt was black

You tell me...cracker.

>what is the actual evidence for/against these ideas

>for
none

>against
all

It just seems so dangerous. The way this topic is being manipulated by ‘woke’ individuals to convince unknowing blacks and whites that whites are this historical evil who brought slavery to Africa and who changed history to make it look like Africa was submissive

Because they've been treated like shit for centuries here and lost their ancestral culture so they need something to believe in.

so their solution to this is to steal someone else's culture and history. just brilliant

But they haven’t? Nobody is doubting that the Mali, Songhai, Ashanti, Zulu etc were all black. Why aren’t they embraced, as opposed to this emphasis on Nubian Egypt and the Moors

Haven’t lost their ancestral culture* nobody’s doubting the treatment

Not even a strawman just a patently false statement.

>empire
>the palace is a hut

Literally every single sub saharan "civilization"

I'm sure some know of these cultures and feel a sense of identity in it. The people who support the Nubian Eqypt want to think they are superior rather than equal.

So they are feminists.

they wuz kangs
t. numidia, andalusia, mediterranean sea kangz

The Ethiopian Empire reigned from 1137 until 1974. They were never affected by the European colonization. If you want to see what an African society would be without European interference just look at Ethiopia.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Empire

But were dey merely kingz or kingz n shieeet?

You do know that Hannibal was Phoenician right? They have dna from ancient Carthage cemeteries and the male line is middle eastern and the female line is European.

independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/dna-sequencing-of-ancient-phoenician-remains-could-make-us-reconsider-the-history-of-human-movement-a7048046.html

Nice dubs, but not in the same form as it was. No one contests that modern slavery exists, but it exists counter to law, not supported by it.

Black history professor at UCLA in the 70's said he made a bunch of that shit up because he believed Black society in America was so traumatized that it "needed" a comfy lie more than the truth, and so made up all that bull so they would "feel better", ironically discrediting legit African studies for decades.

>trusting infidels
Nigga please.

I think he was being ironic