Dresden bombings

Was Dresden justified and/or necessary? I'm still undecided

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt4661358/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There was no military targets in dresden.
It was effectively a revenge mission and nothinf else

Dresden is a kraut hoax. It never happened

I heard about some targets being close though. Rail yards or some shit

you're kidding, right

>He doesn't know
Oh, my sweet summer child. Someone Dresdpill him.

>the main rail hub for troops heading to the Eastern Front
>no military targets

>hideously burned body
>hair is completely untouched

This is how bad the Germans were at propaganda.

If ww2 was necessary, Dresden was necessary. If ww2 wasn't justified than it wasn't. Either way it's Hitler's fault.

Hmm. Maybe I don't. Then again, talking to a Lancaster crewman who says he was there tends to be able to sway me. Please, er, drespill me

On it, chief

>a Lancaster crewman who says he was there tends to be able to sway me.
Ah yes, you can make a man admit to anything if you torture him, even when he didn't actually do it.

Hmmm. Very interesting
But I doubt he was tortured by anyone.

>I doubt
It doesn't matter what you think, what matters is the truth, or are you just a HOG (Hun Occupied Government) shill?

>am I a fucking Hun
That's going too far

Dresden was one of the main high precision glass manufacturing areas (that's your binoculars, rifle scopes, gun sights, etc.)

So I'm torn between people who's says it was revenge, people who say it had target value, and one guy who said it never happened
>what do I believe

You don't have to be a Hun to be indirectly manipulated by 《them》.

>One guy
user this is accepted by multiple people.

My grandpa landed on Juno on Overlord and killed Hun Kraut bastards for a living
And he'd gladly do it again
And I'd gladly help him
>fuck Shitler and his Huns

Well one guy on this thread, is what I meant

Why do you accept Kraut propaganda as truth then

Maybe because I thought it was legit and had no idea that I could be a hoax
>I actually like the idea of burning 50-60 thousand Kraut scum being burned alive

Dresden refused to take part in the war, their entirely civilian population effectively sat it out and continued with civilian life as normal. It was a crowning jewell in Germany and had some of the most superior architecture, statues, etc, it was a cultural hub. The bombing was a pure revenge mission, unleashing the largest amount of warheads ever dropped at the time. Prior to the bombing, someone whisked away the artwork from Dresden and it has since never been recovered. It was a pure act of revenge to humiliate and demoralise the German people after their crippling defeat - it served no tactical purpose, there were better targets to cripple the economy further, it had entirely capitulated to enemy forces and there was zero reason beyond revenge to kill 400,000 civilians (200,000 if you're a revisionist who believes propaganda).

Watch this film if you're interested, but be prepared for some very bad feels watching the footage of civilians. >imdb.com/title/tt4661358/

revenge is a perfectly valid justification.

didn’t go far enough desu, pol still exists

War is hell, ain't it?

See user that's how they get people, the idea of innocent Germans being bombed is how they gain sympathy. Dresden never happened but it should've. Also don't listen to this shill , the film he recommended was literally directed by 《Hunt》 who claims the Allies dropped masturbation bombs on the Germans in one of his books.

There you go then, 《they》even managed to get to YOU!

>implying there's such a thing as an innocent Germ
>cya

Exactly, hence why I said "Idea of " and not "fact"

Okay, I get it, chill.
Now that I see the other side and have evidence, I'll review it and make up my mind
>you hear that /pol/?

Gotcha

>muh art!
>muh jewel!

See how the Teuton cries out in pain even as he strikes you!

slaughterhouse 5

Lmao Muh Dresden
>what's a Warsaw?

muh 400,000 women and children turned into burning carrion after they surrendered

I could masturbate all day to Krauts being burned alive
>fuck 'em.

Exactly, while Dresden was allegedly being bombed by the Allies (who were fighting a war on three fronts all over the world and experiencing severe rationing at home might I add), the Hun were busy burning and dynamiting historic Polish buildings and arranging mass bonfires on unique medieval manuscripts that are now lost forever.

And they have the nerve to cry about art?

Hmm, thanks for your contribution.
I never thought I'd actually learn something on pol

This is the exact reasoning as to why the holocaust didn't happen
>war on three fronts, why would they feed and house all those kikes for so long or weirdly dispose of their manufacturing labour force with bugspray?
>war on three fronts, why would they send a few planes to drop a bunch of warheads on their biggest enemy they held such enmity for?
Not really the same, is it brainlet

No one is crying about art, they're just confused why someone would firebomb 400,000 women and children

There's some desu on the thread bitching about how Dresden was so cultural and the Eternal dastardly Anglo burned it all, so at least one guy

>they're just confused why someone would firebomb 400,000 women and children
They were simply imitating German culture

>Noone is crying about art
See how the Eternal Hun doesn't even read the whole thread before replying? The desire to justify their vicious slaughter of innocents overwhelms them.

Not the same user but it was though, you don't lose any high ground by acknowledging that Dresden was a pretty nice place t b q h, just like the Tsar's palaces were bretty nice

Fuck em anyhoo.
Can't spell German without Germ, wipe them off the face of the earth and make Europe a better place

That would imply Dresden was anything but a small, insignificant town during the war. Look up the population figures!;

>invites endless waves of third worlders and claps as European ideals, history and inheritance is plundered and twisted in revenge for Krauts getting pissed at Jewish tricks in WW2
Yeah, fuck those natsees!

>Dresden wasn't a key wartime position
>therefore 400,000 people didn't die in agony

>he thinks the Hun Occupied EU speaks for the actual people's of Europe.

Hans plz.

>A small town with less than 100,000 people is a key wartime position
>400,000 died
>Allies somehow bombed more than 4 times the population of a small town
Heilige Scheiße remember the 400,000,000

Correct. There wasn't even 400,000 living there to begin with.

This isn't some meme, look at the census figures for yourself.

You're beginning to sound like a bit of a racist antisemite there, user

I have, it says 400,001

Huns aren't Semites.

A kraut who said he was hit by a masturbation bomb isn't a census

The EU's ideas are though

I have to concede I giggled

You get put in front of a firing squad in Germany for saying that. So does your lawyer, your family and your school history teacher for failing their government mandated propaganda work.

How can they be when they're be blatantly controlled by the Hun?

I was considering making a serious post, but i guess this is just the designated butthurt towards Germany thread?

>implying I invite waves of refugees
>cya

Mostly just WW2 Germany butthurt
No boundaries though.

>No boundaries though
i've noticed

Was Warsaw bombing justified?

daily reminder that the nazi government itself bragged about Dresden's industrial base

The Soviet Union bragged about having every single citizen literate, anyone can lie, user. Take the Dresdpill