/fat/ - don't let others sabotage your progress edition

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight

>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

skinnykitchen.com/recipes/skinny-cheeseburger-stuffed-peppers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

P-post em

>Tfw logging binge days fucks up your average.
>tfw I thought I could resist temptation

>logging binge days fucks up your average.

No shit. Did you not know what the concept of an average is?

>binge days
You don't get binge days when you're so close to your goal calories.

Turn on the calorie labels and we can tell you exactly how much you fucked up.

I fucked up Tuesday but was able to recover the next few days. My goal calories are ~2200/day

I've only heard secondhand about this guy

Fuck the fat bastard, but triple fuck the cow that enables him

I'd rather my family just use a truck to drag me behind a shed and fucking shoot me than help perpetuate the hell I'd created for myself

I'm aware, I'm just disappointed. Also, I over logged by 500 calories, so my averages are better now.
I have an android and didnt pay for pro

>I have an android and didnt pay for pro
You don't need IOS or to pay for pro (notice the ads on my screenshot)

Go to calories and click the bars. Labels will show up.

>tfw the normies are starting to get passive aggressive

Oh shig nig, you're changing the game.

I'm failing pretty hard

I've eaten less than 1000 calories 5/6 days this week. I'm not even really hungry and I feel like I have to force myself to eat more. This is going to come back to fuck me up eventually.

When did you start? How much weight have you lost?

It's better to eat 1500 calories than to hate your life at 1000 calories and eventually fail. It's a marathon, not a race

I just started this week and I don't have a scale yet but I'm 6'0" 300ish

They are?

Haven't we been, like, openly despised for a good century or so?

MUH LAYGS

>tfw ate at or above maintenance all week
What are you eating? Are you ill or depressed?

I've lost 25 lbs just by intermittent fasting alone.
Feels good that people are noticing it.
It's hard to fight temptation and only eat around 800 calories a day, but I'm finding the results are worth it.

Is this what making it is like?

>I've lost 25 lbs just by intermittent fasting alone.
>only eat around 800 calories a day

i've lost 18 pounds in about 40 days while still eating plenty of food (limited to 2000-2300/day), even with a 5 day vacation in there where i ate at maintenance

Rate my diet plz

>Mon-Fri
>Breakfast: 2 eggs, 150kcal
>Lunch: salad 500kcal, or workmates go to a restaurant, 800~1200kcal
>Dinner: chicken+veg or similar, 300~500kcal

>Sat-Sun
>Breakfast: 2 eggs, 150kcal
>No lunch
>Dinner: chicken+veg or similar, 300~500kcal

Plus one day, usually Fri or Sat, I'll binge like a retard and eat 1000~2000kcal. The weekend fasts are basically to counteract that, until I started this I was making no progress, somehow its easier for me to fast for 2 days than to stop bingeing. After cheating on myself for about a year I've concluded that I'm not going to stop it.

Well mostly I've been skipping breakfast. One day I had a steak and broccoli for lunch then no dinner, another day I had half a rotisserie chicken for lunch then had a single bratwurst and some broccoli for dinner. A lot of skipping meals.

I have been kind of depressed especially on Wednesday something set me off so I went and got a couple double cheeseburgers from McDonald's. I composed myself and that was the only thing I ate that day.

how many times a week? im only doing saturdays but im sure i could do more

I'm plateau'ing. I'm not sure if I'm underestimating my intake or what

83% of your calories in any given day came from one main meal per day (Breakfast Sunday, Lunch Friday, Dinner the other days). It goes up to 90% if you disregard Friday, which was an anomaly since you binged for 2 meals. Spread that shit out.

For comparison my biggest meal accounted for 47% of my weekly calories.

My biggest meal was still dinner, but having a decent breakfast has helped a lot with binging.

[spoiler]Also, that fucking ad at the bottom[/spoiler]

I started at 300lbs. My goal calories is around 2200 but I averaged () about 1800 even with a bad day on Tuesday.

Pic related is my progress. Realistically we're both looking at a year or so to get back to a healthy weight if we keep the progress up.

Good luck.

Yeah, I'm trying a variation of IF, where I try to eat most of my calories in one meal. I've noticed that all that means is that I eat way too much in that one meal.

Also, yeah, fucking hilarious right? Clever ad placement anyway.

Not him but i do IF any day i dont lift.

ah, my rest days are only sat/sun i lift 5 days a week

IF sounds like a really bad idea if you have terrible habits and little self control to begin with.

You're eating all your calories at the end of the day which means you're probably low energy during the day and get a big boost of energy at night. Do you have trouble sleeping or do you just pass out after the massive food intake?

cookie ad. devilish

Ate like 4 extra pieces of string cheese on my over day.

naut good enoughf
I need yo to lose 40 pounds in the next 30 days

b-but dr. now, that's 18 off 250, not 700

Stop making excuses. Do you want to die? When you look in the mirror, do you see a human being looking at you?
Now I want you to lose 70 in the next 30 days.

Fuck guys.
>6'6 320lbs down to 257lbs.
Went to a party and binged like 8 slices of pizza
Fucking hell I'm pretty sure I threw myself out of ketosis

"Just a taste, james," you say as he continues slurping down his gravy. "We both need our breakfast, correct?" Faintly nodding his approval, you get eye level with the yellowed crust flake on his toe. "An appetizer" you say. James eyes light up as he inquires, "where?" Ignoring him, you slide the tip of your tongue up the edge of the flake - a small piece breaks off and becomes soggy. Swallowing it, you tilt your head to the left and align your bottom teeth under the crust, moving slightly forward and shaving off the whole piece. "Mm" James grunts as the flake slides into your mouth, the oniony piece turning spongy. You swallow, but with an audible gulp - as large as it is, it didn't go down easy. "Now for the main course" you say wryly. James' beady eyes dart all over the room past his plate of gravy, looking for a fuller meal. Holding your nose up to the fold of his legs you take a deep smell all the way into your core. Cheese, mayonnaise and the smell of full rot enter your lungs. You gag, but you will not be denied your feast. Taking a leg pustule into your mouth, you bite down hard-thick, yellow pus shoots into your throat and strikes your uvula. With the taste of pure rot, your gag helps the half mouthful of disease get down your throat and into your stomach. This feels wonderful, as you haven't eaten in a full day. Finally you pull apart the crux of his legs to reveal half an inch of incredibly thick paste lining the folds. "Laygs" was yelped from the corpulent James, but you barely notice. Sliding a finger across the goop, you happily place your now heavier finger into your mouth and suckle the sour paste down. No longer can you help it and you go hog wild, drinking mouthfuls of what used to be skin and fat down your hungry throat. Stomach full and picking your teeth of bits of stringy flesh, you kiss James deeply through the remnants of sausage and gravy lining his lips. Falling asleep on his huge fatpad, stomach full, well, today was bliss.

NO WTF

pop off, james

>8 slices of pizza
>'I'm pretty sure I threw myself out of ketosis'

No shit, huh?

how do you know when you're in ketosis?

Invest in ketostix and piss on them frequently.

I'm almost there, bros. Just one more month. Already lost 30kg. Just 4 more.
I'm getting kinda tired of the diet (800~1100 calories per day), but it's all been worth it.

Your piss has a very strong smell. Specially first time in the morning.
Your breath also smells different. Not "bad breath", more like "acetone breath".

What would you guys say is the average calorie consumption per day in these threads? I see a lot of 1000-1500 range, but not many higher. Is that a fast and doable range?

i do 2000, but often go 100 or 200 under that to be safe

How do you do intermittent fasting? How can you eat 2000k at one sitting and not only not gain but also lose weight. It doenst make sense to me.

People in this thread take it to an extreme. In moat cases 1500-1800 will do you fine.

OW MUH LEGS

DONT DROP MUH LEGS!

OWWWWW STOPP

My goal calories is 2260 to lose 2lbs/week
My actual calories have been around 1800.

I am kinda looking to go a little extreme though.

Too extreme and you won't have a lasting change, kiddo. More than 80% of the folks in this thread are going to rebound in weight and never make it.

Gradual weight loss with lifting and cardio is the only sustainable way but it's up to you.

I just want to get 50-70 pounds down as fast as possible so I can get on with my life and sleep without choking and tie my shoes and buy pants that fit. 325 right now. If I could get into 260's/250's then I could shift into lifestyle that I could live with and lose the rest normally.

I don't know, I'm just impatient and really fed up with this fat. You're probably right though.

What'd you start at and what's your goal?

just do keto then. you'll lose plenty of weight.

>>>nearly 4k calories

holy shit how
even when I eat more than I should I either hit 2500 or close, how do people NOT get stuffed and can eat beyond 3k is insane to me unless you're gorging on deep fried cookies at a buffet

Anyone know at what body fat percentage does pelvic fat mostly go away?

why are you even in this thread? i can eat 10,000 calories in one meal if i wanted to

I had a normal day, then added a box of honey graham crackers. That's all it took yo.its nothing but carbs and sugar, so it's not filling in the least.

Not how it works, babe. Fat just goes as you lose fat. Right now I got one flat titty and half an A cup. Annoys the shit out of me but thems the brakes

Less than 5 pounds until goal, fucking kill me

damn user that's great.

How's the skin?

120kg. Goal is 86kg.

Everyone is different. No common formula.

>running on treadmill makes so much fucking noise, like a goddamn elephant in an echo-y cave

I felt judging eyes on my back with each thunderous step and gasping breath, but I pushed on through the routine

Did I do right or should I fuck off until I can run and sound like a human instead of a pachyderm?

this should be an ad for myfitnesspal. fuck. that is one sexy graph.

>given 1.5lbs of double chocolate cake
>tfw I lose control and ate it all
Guess I'm not eating anything for the next 2 days.

Slow and steady wins the race ',:^)

Weighed myself and felt like sobbing today but didn't. Just pushed harder during my workout.

Why is food so good, Veeky Forums ?

Why does all the food you're supposed to eat taste like shit while the food you shouldn't eat tastes great?

A mistake is an error that you refuse to correct

You're gonna make it

Because you can't fucking cook.

What app is this? I've been trying to find an app to track but most of them are shilled as fuck. "Boost your weight loss with this Totally Proven We Promiseā„¢ Ice vest!!"

myfitnesspal
good food tastes good, lots of good food is healthy food because it's not made with toxic processed sewage

you're just used to bad unhealthy food, and large portions of it

Okay Veeky Forums. What needs to happen for America to realize how easy and good it is to be a healthy weight?

I was 250 in February and I'm 215 today. It was so easy, and it's still going to be easy once I'm 200 in a month or so.

These fatties need to realize how easy it is, how you can still eat complete shit as long as you limit the amount, and how easy it is to keep weight off.

A lot of people say "if you get back on your old habits, you'll gain weight" and while that is true, it's so easy to get right back on track.

I've lost weight a lot in my life. I've had a lot of surgeries that made it so I couldn't get around for months (lots of leg surgeries and brain surgeries) and the amount of time it takes to LOSE weight is so much faster than it takes to GAIN weight.

If I lost 10 pounds in one month, it would take two months for me to gain it back. Not sure if it's the same for everyone else, but it has to be somewhat close.

An important point, related to the thread title. If anyone talks to you about 'body positivity' tell them to fuck off and die. They are cancer.

There's a body positivity thread over on another site I read, and pic related just made my blood boil. If I had listened to this moron, I'd have never started I'd be perfectly content to wallow in self-delusion until diabetes or heart failure. This is the most popular comment on the thread right now. This lunacy, this self-defeating, I can't I won't you shouldn't bullshit is being cheered.

lying to people like this should be punishable by law imo

it's no different than encouraging a crack addict to keep using it

The diet industry has America by the fucking scrote. They've convinced the layman that they need to eat nothing but a particular set of fatfightingTM, healthyTM, conviniently branded foods to lose weight. Every popular diet is maing som company somewhere millions upon millions of dollars. The diet industry needs Americans to stay fat and consistently fail to lose weight, so they have a steady stream of first time and repeat customers. Thanks to this, the average American can't believe or understand that the fundamentals of weight loss are so incredibly simple. They don't want to acknowledge that literally every dieting related entity has fed them lies. And it certainly doesn't help that Doctors consistently prove that they don't know all that much about nutrition. Fat was the devil, so every American is used to an extremely high carb and low-fat diet, which in turn means that they're eating a ludicrous amount of sugar.

Oh yeah, and let's talk portion sizes while we're here. The average 5 and a half foot American woman is used to eating as much as a six foot American man, so we have to convince half of the population that they need to eat 30 per cent less food than they've been eating they're entire lives. On top of this, the average American is convinced that shite food is cheap, because a box of poptarts is sixteen hundred calories for 1.50, while broccoli is 4 dollars a head. They're also overworked, so they don't want to confront the concept of having to spend an hour or so a day cooking for themselves.
so, to answer your question, nothing can be done. We're fucked. If you've tried introducing CICO to friends and family, you know we're fucked. Just get fit and enjoy the decline of sexual competition I guess.

>being fat is healthy
these people need to be hung first

I would fucking drown this cunt in my spare chins

They're more than welcome to them!

well it's not hard to beat me in the sexual competition game. I'm a pretty big hazard. Sickly, require a lot of surgeries in my life, I walk with a limp and can't walk very well. I was in the hospital through most of puberty so I have major social anxiety. On top of that my head is full of scars and unsightly things and when I eventually go bald it will all be out in the open and will freak any potential partners out.

I'm getting Veeky Forums for me, I've already lost in the dating game.

Not too bad, love handles are the worst. With clothes on you cant tell

>6 minutes left in my feed window
>Took too long to drop off clothes at goodwill
>Burger won't be done by then
>STILL NEED 500 KCAL

OH JESUS FUCK WHAT AM I GONNA DO I GOTTA KILL MYSELF RIGHT NOW AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

>TOOK ME 60 SECONDS TO WRITE THIS
>NO TIME LEFT
>GLOCK O'CLOCK

It's worse than just the diet industry. People in the west are the puck on a giant air-hockey table. On one side you have the food manufacturers. These people spend billions (and make billions more) engineering carbs, sugar, fat, salt, packaging them and selling them, and more billions advertising them. On the other side, you have, as you correctly pointed out, the diet and general health industry.

Extending the metaphor even further, you have agribusiness and government policy. Which means corn is almost as cheap as dirt. (It's currently $3.44 USD/bsh ~= $77 per cubic yard. [You'd get really nice dirt for that price, like a screened compost mix, but still]). That's the air keeping everything bouncing back and forth, because it makes empty carbs cheaper than just about any other type of food.

I also think that this is why I hate the fat acceptance movement so very very much. Because they're like 90% of the way there. Loosing weight is a challenge. It's setting your will against both yourself and the world. It's making a huge change in lifestyle. You need to feel good about yourself and what you are doing or you won't manage to do it. You won't put the kind of effort you need in if you don't care about yourself. You won't have the confidence or the self-discipline to move against these massive currents in society if you don't value yourself and your own will. They're within site of the answer, and then they just go and throw themselves off a cliff with delusional don't bother bullshit.

I'm hungry af but I'm cutting help

>don't let others sabotage your progress edition

This happens so often. My family members ALWAYS try to sabotage my progress.

> Be me
> Be on month 4 of dieting
> Have lost 40 lbs already
> Family members begin noticing how Veeky Forums I'm getting
> Family members begin bringing fast food around when they see me
> Family members begin asking me to go out to eat several times a week
> Family members begin making fun of my progress
>etc.

It's almost like they're mad because I'm the only one in the family who can walk outside and check the mailbox without getting winded. It motivates me even more though. I told a family member of mine I was making pizza today for dinner, they came over to eat, then I made Greek Flatbread Veggie Pizza.

I loved it, I could see the look on their face though when they found out. lol

Fucking

Love

Handles

They're the reason I got the ball rolling

to be fair that looks nasty, too many tomatoes

Love handles are what keeps you from wearing those form-fitting shirts though.

The only reason I refuse to ever go above 13% bodyfat anymore.

t.ex-fat

They were marinated in balsamic vinegar. It ended up being very good actually.

God fucking damn this is so true. I can't wear button up shirts. At all. None of them.

I am doing 2000 per day, but I weight train 4 days a week and do hiit twice a week. Honestly, I think losing weight is pointless if you're not lifting, I'd rather be fat and eat what I want than be a 60kg skelly.

Fact.

I wear a large now, could go medium but then its super noticable.

I guess the skin goes away after awhile? Dont care enough to get surgery

The only thing I hate to see on the treadmills are people who walk at a moderate-to-slow pace for an hour. Keep going and make sure your form is good so you don't get shin splints or stress fractures.

Cooking is like any other skill.

You only get better if you practice

I made stuffed peppers the other night and they were dry as fuck so I'm going to change up the recipe and cook them a little less next time. Fuck it, it still tasted better than a fast food burger

I hate treadmills, but keep it up

My gym has an indoor track, im the autist thatll run 50 laps = 4 miles just because fucking treadmills are so loud

It has nothing to do with my cooking I am just an extremely picky eater. Just the thought of eating a stuffed pepper makes me want to fucking throw up.

Why?

The only way to fix yourself is to expand your horizons

you've lost if you give up .

You have to be 18 to post here

skinnykitchen.com/recipes/skinny-cheeseburger-stuffed-peppers/
Once you scroll through all the food blogger crap this recipe is really great. I used day-old rice.

because it doesn't taste good and I don't want to force myself to eat things that taste like shit