Since Veeky Forums is about overall aesthetics and wellness, let's talk fragrances

Since Veeky Forums is about overall aesthetics and wellness, let's talk fragrances.
I wear pic related, what's everyone else into?

I prefer this.

Does it give you a musk?

No, it gives me a high. Are you stupid?

I like pic related for going out, girls really like it but at the same time have told me its really girly. Yesterday I wore it and got 3 hot girls to grind/makeout with me and the biggest mire of my entire life. Not sure if it had anything to do with the cologne but it sure as hell didnt hurt.
For when im just chilling at home and dont want to smell like a tryhard I like Lhomme/la nuit de lhomme
For when its warm/hot and sunny I like creed adventus but that shit is expensive. Dior Suavage isnt as good but works similarly. I really want to get a bottle of JPG superman

Acqua di parma black

My nigga
That's what I wear when I go out and I can't count the times I've been sniff 'mired

I just use AFTA

That vanilla/mint/green apple combo always gets them.

How many sprays does everyone do? It should be sprayed on your bare skin right? Does spraying it up in front of you and walking into the spray work?

Let's go fuck some hawez

1 below the adams apple, 1 one the back of the neck, 1 behind each ear, and 1 on each shoulder of my shirt. dont walk into it

Never do that, it's a waste.
I've heard a lot of different theories about how you should do certain pulse points and all this complicated stuff, but what works better than anything else for me is 2-3 sprays to the upper chest right after a shower.

Nigger that's too much. How do you not get a headache from that?

He grows anosmic to it and gives everyone else a headache instead.

2 or 3 sprays isnt enough for frags when they start to come down. 6 sprays is strong for the first 10 min but once it settles its the perfect amount

Yes, of course. I'm the stupid one... I forgot I asked about your favorite drug.
Silly.

6 sprays, are you retarded? Cologne is meant to be discovered not announced

Terre d'Hermes as a daily driver
La Nuit de l'Homme for date nights

Smells good man.

Speedstick. And I have had people complement my cologne while wearing it

if you hate your skin and want to age it don't spray neck chest

Mom, nobody cares what you read about in your lifestyle magazines.

No one wears this due to it's reputation. So I do. And then I am unique.

Get compliments all the time. And its cheap as fuck.

I usually go out to crowded places at night. Youll need 6 if you want to be smelled after 2 hours even with something super strong. if youre in a more intimate setting then less is fine. honestly youre retarded if you just spray twice on the neck and think thats doing anything for you, nobody is gonna smell you once you reach the comedown and youre just wasting money on cologne

I use stuff called Chrome Legend, and Calvin Klein euphoria.

I get compliments constantly from women about how I smell good.

I do one on my chest, one on my neck and spread it around, and one on one wrist and i rub it together.

I always smell good and I don't use too much.

Got recommended this by /mfa/ on leddit. Seems pretty decent, some good reactions.

cologne should be discovered, not announced with a bullhorn.

I've been getting more into the niche side of things lately. Carthusia, Comptoir Sud Pacifique and Creed make fantastic spring and summer scents.

The Hermes Jardin line is really great as well.

Not something I'd say to wear at a club but I'm far too autistic to socialize so it's not a big deal.

Aventus makes my dick hard, I couldn't stop smelling it when I first got some.

Says you fsggot. I load mine into this

>one on left wrist
>one on right wrist
>one on neck
>one inside pants just in case I get action
>one inside each shoe
6 spray master race reporting in

Right, even if nobody else is enjoying it, I sure as fuck am while wearing it.

Kek

Supposedly this is god tier.

I think it's lame as fuck, even with the hype surrounding it. I've sampled it several times and tried to get myself to like it. Bottom line is that the type of person I picture wearing this is a guy wearing American Eagle khakis, Nike running shoes that they bought at Kohl's, and a shirt that doesn't fit. It's less than generic; it's actively uninteresting.

This is all so fucking expensive for smelly liquid ahhhhhhh!!!!

wow. Can you explain that desu i never smelled it ive just heard good things. Are you saying its very plain?
Better suggestions?

Plain, but also something about it that makes me dislike it. It just kind of smells like shower gel. Bleu de Chanel is better, but I personally wear Eros.

interesting, thoughts on pic? Ive heard good things.

Heard it doesn't last long, but that might just be my imagination.

I wish fucking Arabs would stop wearing Cologne to the gym.
They pollute my oxygen.

Burberry is good.

Burberry Touch has a very clean scent but sometimes it can seem a bit too much. Stick with the original in pic.

Burberry Brit is the best IMO

Interesting. Appreciate the advice homies

Better than the Polish who come in reeking of a weird mix of body odor and Axe spray.

Tremendous scent, I've had nothing but good comments

ikr what's with a-rubs and perfume? even in stores can smell them miles away, once had one checking out after me, he had so much perfume on it was not human, there was not an ounce of breathable around for miles? do they do it on purpose?

There is a huge underground market for fragrance nerds who mimic popular brands at a fraction of the cost. Basically there are only 1,000 or so "fragrance chemicals" that can legally be used, so famous brands pick a dozen and mix in a certain proportion to achieve a distinct smell. Knockoff labs then figure out which ones are used and replicate it; sometimes changing it juust enough to not violate trademarks. It could be a cheaper option for you.

You should also look into getting decantered samples before investing in a whole bottle. Basically people trade an 1/8th of a bottle of one type for an 1/8th of a different one to experience more scents without the investment.

The only answer. Only need 3 squirts, two on your front, one on your back.

I get tons of compliments with this one

The Night Man? Ok Charlie Day nice cologne you got there

Where do I go to find these cheap mimics?

i like it. I also use this one for more "serious" events

My middle eastern friend showed me this really pungent cologne called Invictus... Good or a meme spray?

thoughts on prada luna rossa sport?

what kind of carthusia/comptoir sud pacifique do you mean specifically?

It's basically Le Male.

Have the original. JPG L'homme. Always gets females attention. It's like wearing an ice breaker because they initiate by asking what scent you're wearing

I too wear this - my ex picked it out for me and now when I use it reminds me of her. I should probably switch :(

look at the plebs buying up to versace calvin klein and other mainstream bullshit.

This is how to differentiate a pleb teen vs adult male.

Try Mollinard for instance. It has many types, but it is usually high grade fragrance. Spray only once and it will stick to you for 24 hours.

Is there cologne that smells a lot like acqua di gio but is more expensive/obscure so I can be pretentious about it?

c'est The Night of the Man

Agree. The entire Yves St Laurent line is fantastic.

This is my go to user

meme

check Veeky Forums they have a fragrance general.

check Veeky Forums they have a fragrance general.

rate? also have the Dynamic pulse and Ice dive versions, Team Five also

How long would a 50ml bottle last? Should I invest some more in a larger one? I'm not swimming in money but I do want a nice perfume, just being a bit careful with money at the moment.

One spray on the wrist, tap wrists together don't rub
Quickly tap neck with wrists

Anyone spraying more than this is trying too hard and girls will pick up on that shit

Out of the five cologne bottle I own, this one gets me the most "user you smell so good today" from women

1 for each wrist. 1 for chest. 1 for neck. Another for neck after you're all dressed.

>not wearing dad scents

The only two that stayed with me since forever.

I got to try new smells.

>dat first spray of the day

S P R A Y B O I S

That price though....

I do 1 spray on both wrists and then tap around on areas of [pic related]

All these are excellent. Burberry London is cheap as fuck too. I've been using Ralph Lauren Polo Red lately since my girlfriend loves it. Warm days I'll wear Bvlari Pour Homme.

Try Toni Gard Mint. I also think it is cheaper also. Good for summer

r/fragsplits

I chipped in to a 25 mL split that lasted me pretty long for $50 - if I recall. I rarely use it (coz it's my favorite scent) Only special occassions.

It never fails to impress.

It's pretty good for the Fall/Winter or if you live in colder climate. I live innadessert so it's not good all year round

For everyday use: 1 on my lower neck (slightly below adams apple).

If I am seeing girl, I will do another one on my wrists and tap them together - coz you know I like to put my hands all over them ;)

I do 1-2 sprays under my armpits and then one spray on one of my wrists and then tap the other wrist.

Mah nigga

>smelling like my dad

No thanks.

How often do you guys wear cologne? To work or no? How many sprays and where?

Personally I used to do three or so sprays along my midsection but now I'll do one on my neck or none at all if I'm at work. I prefer not to be noticeable to others there.

If I go for an outing of some sort I'll do a couple on my torso and one on my wrist.

I wear pic related usually but sometimes do Drakkar Noir (serious).

Anyone happen to try this one out? I wanted to pick up a bottle

pic related

winter
Musc Ravageur by Frederic Malle
>Lavender, Bergamot
>Clove, Cinnamon
>Gaiac wood, Cedar, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Tonka, Musk

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford
>Tobacco leaf, Spices
>Tonka bean, Tobacco flower, Vanilla, Cocoa
>Dry fruit accord, Wood

summer
Aventus by Creed
>Blackcurrant, Italian bergamot, French apples, Pineapple
>Rose, Dry birch, Moroccan jasmine, Patchouli
>Musk, Oak moss, Ambergris, Vanilla

Sel Marin by Heeley
>Lemon, Italian bergamot, Beech leaf
>Sea salt, Moss, Algae
>Cedarwood, Musk, Leather

Gucci Pour Homme II
>White pepper, Ginger, Pink bay
>Papyrus wood, Orris rhizome
>Amber, Leather, Vetiver, Olibanum

From top to bottom top notes, heart notes, base notes. All get compliments, but Aventus and especially Musc Ravageur take the cake.

They are all in the higher price segment. I recommend getting a decant/split from basenotes or another perfume board. Some guy buys a huge bottle and refills decants. Its often cheaper than your standard Sephora pleb garbage

Good.
Okay
more:

Commes des Garcons: Kyoto
Commes des Garcon: 2 Man
L'Artisan Parfumeur: Mechant Loup (god tier, doesnt last as long unfortunately)
Malle: Angelique sous La Pluie
Malle: L'Eau D'hiver
Bond no. 9: Bleecker Street (similar to Aventus in its reactions)

you should check out Reflection Man, seems up your alley and I got a lot some compliments. Good for fall and spring

>one inside pants just in case I get action
Have you never gotten perfume in your mouth? It's not great.

Thanks, I got a sample given with a previous order I made a few years ago. I remember it being masculine, spicy yet clear and overall I liked it quite a bit. But im not looking for new fragrances right now, have a few bottles and maybe a dozen decants that will last me many years. I dont wear perfume every day and only use one spray anyway, regardless of projection or longevity of the scent Im using.
If I could go with one scent for the rest of my life, it would undoubtedly be Musc Ravageur. Last forever, is subtle, amazing progression and nothing gets you compliments like nothing else. Some people dislike the first 30min or so, so use it some time before you go out. Its still subtly lingering easily after 14 hours.