/rgt/ Robinhood General Thread

SHOP beats Everything Edition.

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

investing.com/news/cryptocurrency-news/cme-to-launch-bitcoin-futures-761008
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shop Earnings by the Numbers:

EPS: Q3 EPS of $0.05, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.01)

Revenue for the quarter came rose 72% to $171.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $165.63 million.

Adjusted operating income $1.7 mil compared to -2 mil to -$4m guidance.

Raised '17 revenue guidance from $642-$648 mil to $656-$658 mil

GOD DAMN IT, I am too late, The thread edition should have been "lets watch a LODE get dropped in premarket edition"

That's damn good. Pfizer had some good results too, so the Dow's up.

>LODE

RS 1:5

Still better future prospects than NAK

I went all-in on LODE yesterday, how fucked am I?

holy crap UAA

fuckin rekt

Wow, big move.

Seeing anything else dipping lower premarket?

>Bro, just buy bluechips.

Can anyone help me here

Also I’m new to Robinhood and investing in general. What kind of tax documents should I expect?

How's LODE doing guys? I just woke up and I heard they were gonna have their earnings report today right? Can you guys check if it beat expectations? Are we gonna pop by 20%??

early next year (february or so) robinhood will be like 'hey heres the tax documents from 2017' and there will be a button on your app to download the pdf

you will see "form 1099" and other associated things

You can't call UAA a blue chip.

I'm up 8% YTD on a blue chips portfolio and that is lower than it could have been because I'm well hedged with floating rate bonds.

Qualcomm, news came out that Apple might not use its Qualcomm's chips in next year's i/phone/pads.

*might not use Qualcomm's

lumber liquidators

>XXII

RIP LODE

FUCK

lmao, why is this happening

Put my cat down this morning. No trading while emotions are all fucked up. See ya tomorrow.

1:5 r/s. Panic selling. They're announcing JV in an hour.

that sucks man :(

Thanks. I've been longing SHOP for a while, if these earnings are good I feel like next quarter will be too.

R.I.P kitty, feel better user

Are we gonna make it?

I'm so sorry about your cat, user. RIP. I hope he sends you gainz from beyond.

Who /SPI/?

Yeah, just hold on tight bby.

GE nearing low enough for me to consider scooping some long term

Why is SHOP going down if it beat everything? Is this going to be another AMD?

Profit taking. Look to buy the dip.

Heads up Sony!

I think it will come back up. I actually just snatched a few shares at 104.27

What's the scoop on the FED this week? What time is the best for entry into UVXY? The answer to these important questions will make for making some easy gains.

Powell most likely to be chosen, so I doubt there will be a need for a UVXY. However, tax reform may no be occur as quickly as the market may have expected, so that might cause some interesting stuff to happen after we're through with earnings.

let me know what your crystal ball says senpai

...and cancelled that order thank god. Now down to 100. Should I buy?

>SHOP at 96
>SPI down to .127

Dammit, could have bought SHOP on sale today.

Down by 10% and dropping

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck

pretty violent down move to just be profit taking now that I see it, was there some fundamental issue?

I'm guessing Powell will be selected, but I don't know where to go to get the best information for this kind of stuff. I'm anticipating we're going to get a rate hike, not sure if it will be in November or December, and they won't get tax reform to pass before the next recess. Probably see some more correction (read red markets) coming in the next few days, but nothing super major. I'm just going to watch this one today.

>city of SHOP

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH WHHHUYU

What I didn't think of is we could see just stagnation and sideways trading in the equities markets for a few weeks instead of major red/green swings.

I have no idea. When it hit 100 it triggered a bunch of stop losses I guess. Now it's back near 100. I bought at 98 so in the green on the new shares.

Thank god I just have a pleb account or I would have been able to buy at 104 which I was going to do.

SHOP drop has to be a market trick. Watch it get to 112 EOD.

I have faith...... should I?

The question is do I ditch lode like a pussy or just hold and hope it recovers?

How are the meme's doing guys?

>AMD up back to 11

The comeback has begun, buy in below 17 while you still can

>could have made an extra 10% on SHOP if I took jews forcing stop losses into consideration

Why? When they announce their dividend cut it'll be another bloodbath. I opened a short position on the 20th when their earnings came out and I'm up almost 13% on it so far. GE's probably going to remain in a downward trend for the rest of 2017 at least.

You all bought the TRXC dip, right?

I expect HLIT to go to 5. Moooon

>TRXC

Where are my fellow bagholders?

Also in at 98 for $5k, hold me tight user-kun this ride is scary

SHOP could just be a trick senpais by (((them))) to steal shares

Same thing happened to BAC/BAC B

Fucking Watson is going to beat me today if I don't buy and sell something!

>watching LODE drop like a stone

who here /comfy/ and ALL-IN on ATVI

:v)

Me me me. Still holding. Heard Nov. 14 was magic time

This better not fuck me over m8
Going all in on amd

How likely is TRXC going to merge with J&J?

Consider these facts
>it's employees are made up of people who used to work for J&J, Ethicon, and poaches from Intuitive Surgery
>Ethicon is the partner of Google's Verb Surgery, who is developing a Robotic Laparoscopic Surgery platform similar to TRXC's
>Intutive Surgery owns Da Vinci, that competes against TRXC's digital surgery platform
>but the CEO and CFO of TRXC all dumped their stocks a week ago

I've got 60 shares, I'm up 5.7% on them atm

>BGFV

earnings amc

I'm glad I thought better of it and canceled my buy order for them yesterday.

you guys see the steel stocks absolute bloodbath

aks

Protips for LODE lads:

1) put a high sell limit on all of your shares to protect them from shorters.

2) ER is after hours, either sell during the run up around 2-4pm, or hold through until tomorrow. DO NOT SELL RIGHT NOW.

3) Be smart. Be vigilant. Loads of shorters are fighting us.

its so undervalued right now being shoved down by shorts. the order flow is bullish af when it moves up

That UA share price... Under $14 now...

Right here m8. Bought in excess of 4 like an idiot, bagholding over 300 shares after avging down to 4.14. Been a painful couple of weeks but I think I see the light, and I am hopefully I might even get some gainz.

Is $6.80 the floor? Looks like it's the low going back to July 2012. But does the market have that long of a memory?

Just daytraded xxii for an easy 1.4% daytrade. Why are ANY of you in the red?
Bought 2.09
Sold 2.12

I heard Nov. 11th SPI needs to be over $1 or it's toast... Not sure how that works though? What's on Nov. 14th?

Not wanting to drag cryptoshit into the thread but why hasn't someone set up a fund that's tied to / backed by BTC? Something like 10-20 shares = 1 BTC? Seems like traders would be all over that considering it'd be MUCH easier to get your money in and out of crypto and the tax laws for trading securities are clear while no one really knows how crypto should be taxed.

Should I pickup some LODE now and sell at like 2-4pm?

>But does the market have that long of a memory?
don't really know but to me the stock looks undervalued with a market cap of only 150mil i think we could see it double if good er

literally just read this: investing.com/news/cryptocurrency-news/cme-to-launch-bitcoin-futures-761008

bitcoin futures are about to be a thing

no, LODE is worthless and you will just lose money if you buy shares

Eh, that would allow traditional traders to get in on the crypto meme in a way but it's not exactly the same as an ETF that's directly pinned to the BTC price (((after a small amount is taken out for "fund maintenance")))

Anybody else see that huge volume of $2 NAK calls for the 17th? Some one thinks this fucker is going to go up at least 10% between now and then.

It already blew it's load?

Those mining things are always sketchy as fuck kek.

Maybe would work in the US. In Canada, the tax is treated just like any other speculative trading (like commodities futures or binary options); it's treated as simple capital gains.

Compiling the data for tax time could be daunting though...

If you use TurboTax in the US then it can pull data straight from your Etrade or TDAmeritrade account.

I trade futures using the NinjaTrader cleared through Phillip Capital but luckily in the US, you don't have to list every individual futures trade you made throughout the year like you do with other securities; you only have to list the net profit/loss for the entire year as shown on the tax document provided by your broker / clearing house.

How do you export for taxes using Robinhood?

Nah, don't listen to that clown. He's butthurt because he bought in high and panic sold.

Nevermind. Figured it out.

No clue, I don't use Robinhood. Hopefully you can export it in such a way that it can just be directly imported into tax software, otherwise you'll have to enter every buy / sell, date, price, etc. line by line one at a time which is a huge pain in the ass.

why did i trust these dumb leafs at SHOP

The reactions to earnings has been all over the place lately. Might as well just flip a coin because some companies had great earnings reports and their stocks tanked and other companies had lackluster earnings reports and their stocks remained level or climbed.

Hell, GE's stock ended the day in the green after their terrible pre-opening earnings report for some reason (and then promptly shit the bed every day after that).

Buying into the AMD meme again. Here we go lads, hoping for another drive to $14, maybe $15

I pulled that number out of my ass. Nov. 11th is the correct date.
Did you just get an email from SPI for ProxyVote?

N-no

I hope it gets back to $14 at least so I can dump my bags for a small profit. I really need to start setting hard stop-loss orders instead of moving them and/or buying more shares to average down.

I'm coming back to you Papa ma

pls forgive my sins for buying SHOP over you

That >6% gain on MU this morning
Damn, this bitch is gonna hit 45$ price target today.
Anyone know the news on them?

Any recommendations on stocks to buy and hold for a while? Like over a year.

Shitty pizza, sponsors the NFL, short Papa Johns.