Tfw stalled on 70lbs overhead press

>tfw stalled on 70lbs overhead press

I'm starting to realize it's all over for me.

add dumbell ohp in your program and do high volume on it

That hurts my shoulders they always click and feel unstable with dumbbells

>tfw stalled on 80lbs ohp for the past month

>started lifting a month ago
>currently at 95 lbs OHP
What the fuck is wrong with me

give it a try and dont go to hard at first and do it sitting.
with stalled ohp you just need to up your volume, just give it a try.

Microplates ...

I tried man. Anytime I get to a working weight (anything not pitifully easy that I can do 15+ reps) I get bad clicking and pain on seated

ok i guess you can add in normal ohp where you do high volume if db is too much trouble

i had this clicking pain with barbell it had to do with my grip,my grip was too wide and when i went down with the barbell i was moving it slightly forward as it came down to avoid hitting my head which was technicly impossible anyway,try watching some instructional videos to see how a grip should be made,personally alan thrall and athlean x helped me fix my shit form.

i stalled on like 90lb OHP for over a month before i started microplate and added front raises. booooy i've gone up all the way to 135 now each week. feels good

>progressing every workout
>gonna hit 1 pl8
>stall on 121lbs/55kg

Literally me with bench right now.

It's just on dumbbell my man.

>stalled on 70lbs overhead press

kekarooni

i literally do twice your max just to warm up

how do u stall with 70 lbs lol
isnt that like a 10 and a 2.5 on each side
ive been lifting for like 4 months and im @ 135

cmon user step it up

Cmon guys...

Don't listen to them, most people don't hit 135 within their first months of lifting unless they've worked out before, are fat, or have dad strength. No need to compare yourself to others with an advantage.

Pretty sure OHP is about mass just like bench press where the more mass you got the more you are able to lift.
I came into the gym as a 6" 186 20% slob but managed to 1pl8 OHP the first day i tried it.
Also benching 2pl8 and squatting 3.

ur also fat tho lol
>doing 105 for reps
>stop taking pre workout cause bad sleeps
>drop to 95 for reps

lel

>squat 2pl8
>ohp is 70lbs
thank you rippetoe

>OHP 1 pl8
>can't even DL 3pl8

I stalled on 90lbs and i've been lifting for several years. Fuck OHP

was ohp lmao 1pl8 for reps

now cant even do 3 reps

mfw shoulder injury

same. try changing deadlift stance to sumo if conventional and vice versa. worked wonders for my herniated disc

I really hope that's per dumbell, m8.

There's a reason why it's 1/2/3/4. 1pl8 OHP takes about as long to reach as 4pl8 deadlifts.

However, a tip about form: Tighten your abs and squeeze your glutes(buttcheeks) together like you dropped soap in prison. Helped me add another 7.5kg before I stalled again.

its not all over so long as you keep trying, microload and chip away at it

How much do you weigh? I'm 175 lbs and I could easily ohp 70 lbs with dumbbells when I just started.

What's so funny about deadlifting without a bar? That's an exercise for grip strength.

OHP is fucking difficult to progress on, and 70 lbs is fully reasonable if you're new

But basically,
M I C R O P L A T E S

and

That doesn't seem too bad

manlet

>tfw stalling at 143x3 OHP
At least it's over 1pl8. It's my only lift that I'm confident in.