How does Veeky Forums feel about ego lifters? Accept or hate? Normie meme conveys my feelings

How does Veeky Forums feel about ego lifters? Accept or hate? Normie meme conveys my feelings

hang yourself

>Wow that guy at the gym is lifting heavy for a new PR how dare he be happy about it???
>*Continues to practice my 100% safe form* "it's only 2 months since I started lifting and I can finally squat half a plate!"

all lifting is ego lifting

either you're lifting for aesthetics, so you can get an ego boost everytime you see a mirror or a girl gives you a compliment, or you're lifting for strength, so you can get an ego boost when you smash that new PR you've been chasing or do well at a meet

it's all ego, it's part of being a male

embrace it

katara got so hot towards the end of avatar

ego lifters?

is this the new buzz word for skinny shaming? or whatever it was when that hambeast got-rejected from-that-chad.jpg

ego lifting. the fuck does that even mean? some dude slings more lead than you, youre naturally going to feel threatened by him, regardless if you want to admit it or not. its not his problem, its yours.

I feel like ego lifting is something weak Beta males say to compensate for mediocrity

Ego lifters like dudes who do a 1/2 rep of 3pl8 on the bench while shaking like a japanese earthquake and then claims it? It's good for a giggle.

You wont make any gains ego lifting. Majority of guys ego lift and make no gains.

tfw feel like an ego lifter cause i rly want to improve and push myself

i still simply dont understand, what the fuck is an ego lifter? someone who clearly isnt natty?

It means someone who lifts heavier than they can actually safely lift. Which can lead to serious injury and generally just tiredness and no muscle gains. Eventually they just quit out of frustration.

someone who is lifting too much purely for the sake of looking cool aka stroking his ego

No you twat it means someone who comes into the gym huffing and puffing attempting to throw weights around with shit form seriously risking injury to himself and maybe even others.

Fuck is it really that hard to understand.

t. Ego lifter

You're thick as brick user read

I don't know, I'm probably an ego lifter myself. However I finally understood that deloading and then working back up is the Best one can do but I am too much butthurt about my weighted 17,5kg Pullups to deload.

>Tfw doing deadhang to eye level only

OK, FUCK.
yeah i've seen this before.. i dont hate them though, sometimes I hope they realize theyve bitten off more than they can chew, and they work to reach the goal.

Jesus Christ you're fucking retarded

What I loved about her is that there was only one episode where she got jealous that Aang was basically a regular bender on steroids but after that she got strong as fuck natty. Look at all the crazy bending she did in book 3 (creating gigantic waves, octopus tentacles, freezing Azula)

That's not quite right. It's also about having heavily reduced ROM and spotters who lift for you and so on. You don't see it as much with barbell work outside of benching, but back before they became popular again you'd have people claiming insanely high leg press numbers for example, then when they'd show you their near world record tier lift it'd be moving the thing a few millimeters back and forth. The closest squat equivalent are people who go nowhere bear parallel and only use the smith machine.

Ego lifter story
>be in gym, texas method volume day
>5×5 150 kgs, pretty tough but when creatine kicks in anything is possible
>this guy approaches me: "are you done?" with a shitty grin on his face
>"yeah, let me just unload the plates for ya"
>"nah its good, leave them"
>k
>next exercise is bench press 5x5, slowly start warming up.
>bench is right behind the squat rack, facing it
>this dude removes the collars and PUTS ANOTHER 10 KG on.
>rolls a towel around the bar to be used as a sissy pad, puts on belt
>gets under the bar
>no warmup, no stretching
>dis gon' be gud
>unracks the bar and performs 6 reps with, i shit you not, 1/8 of full ROM, visibly struggling
>turns around and looks directly at me with his shitty grin again
>i don't wanna be mean so i offer him a spot for the next set
>"nah, im good"
>does this for two more sets, ocasionally giving me that stupid look that still makes me cringe when i think of it
>his buddy who was on the fucking elliptical gets there and does the same fucking thing but with 2 plates
>my nigga giving him advice on how to get strong like him and spotting him
>after finishing their 3x6 minimal knee bends they go to the leg press
>my dude loads up the entire gyms arsenal of weight plates on that bitch
>1/8 reps, moaning like a retarded cow
>everybody is looking at him now
>you could see his eyes sparkle as his ego gets a throbbing erection
>the gym owner (ex pro bodybuilder) arrives
>sees the two clowns doing their business, gets visibly annoyed
>starts lecturing them on how to use the leg press properly
>removes weight until there was 3 plates left on each side
>my dude now doing full rom leg press for the first time in his life, grinding out 6-7 reps
>excuses start coming "im tired, this is my n-th set, i did squats before, etc "
>gym owner says "nah you are just weak"
>mfw
>he and his buddy leave soon after
>never seen the two again

hearty kek didn't even realize what i was reading until the end

Yeah, i didn't bother to read the text and correct anything before posting it so it is how it is

>after finishing their 3x6 minimal knee bends they go to the leg press
so much ego lifting on a machine, I see it all the time, maybe they never knew the proper way to use it

Unlikely
They always load up the whole stack. How is it normal for a person to believe they can use the maximum weight on a machine as a beginner?

I recently failed an atg pause squat at comparatively light weight, is that ego lifting?

All lifting is ego lifting dumbass. We all go in their to feel good about ourselves and like we accomplished something or we got more attractive. Ive got no problem with going for a 1rm and failing. Its when the do like a quarter squat or a bench lockout of off pins that its sort of retarded but its not really hurting me so who cares.