Why is low bar squatting so complicated to learn? Hip drive makes my squat a good morning

Why is low bar squatting so complicated to learn? Hip drive makes my squat a good morning.

My money is on your mobility being trash.

invest some money in a personal trainer who knows how to do exercises well and train with him a couple of times. its worth it.

core strength is necessary to keep your torso angle during hip drahve

Brah, he gets stronger core muscles just doing squat and didly.
He doesn't need it, if he ads abs and front-squat it's not starting strength anymore.

why do lowbar squats feel like absolute shit for me? the bar position feels just wrong.

This, I cant get the bar on my scapula, it always rides up on my neck. Ive tried to do shoulder dislocators to loosen things up but im not making any progress, thus my squat progress has halted.

Send help.

What's the point of low bar squats?

High bar/front squats for quads and slight hamstring/back focus

Deadlifts for hamstring/back focus

Unless you really want to fatigue your lower back/hamstrings why do them?

hip drahve is just a really bad cue. basically every competing powerlifter will tell you to push your back into the bar

It could be that you're naturally better at high bar
It could be that you're setting the bar too fucking low on your back
It could be that you are a closeted homosexual idk
Low bar is more ergonomic for some people than high bar, depending upon torso length:femur length as well as hip/ankle mobility

>Brah, he gets stronger core muscles just doing squat and didly.
You need strong core muscles for them to get stronger.

If you start with shit, you're just gonna do squat-mornings all day long and your core will still be shit.

That bar looks too low on your back. It's supposed to be above your rear delts not on top of them.

It already looks like you're putting a load of pressure on your elbows by not carrying the bar in a stable position.

Brace your core.

Go light and focus on form. Like one plate, focus o. Getting your form perfect and slowly work up to your old working weight

>t.personal trainer

This image always pisses me the fuck off. Tards gonna tard, what about it? Whoever had as their job to help them through their day, how did they have so little respect for their pasients that they took an image to ridicule their admittedly weird behaviour?

should be doing high-bar with a body position that upright.

forget "hip drive".
it's a terrible coaching cue.
instead, focus on bracing your core, keeping your hips and knees forward, and pushing your back into the bar to keep your chest rising as fast as your ass.

to avoid a good morning, simply don't let your ass rise if your chest doesn't go with it.
yes, this probably means lowering the weight.
maybe even substantially.

if you're doing any sort of deadlift, just do high-bar squats instead.
low-bar is overrated.

>41267568
unless you want to actually compete in powerlifting then fuck low bar, it's an inferior movement to high bar or front squat.

>if you're doing any sort of deadlift, just do high-bar squats instead.
why

because deadlifts develop hamstrings well.

High bar is a more quad focused movement, of course your glutes/hams work too, but the dominant driver of the weight is your quads.
DL is a glute/ham focused movement, similarly your quads work too, but the dominant driver is your posterior chain, ie ass and hams.
Low bad uses your ass more than high bar squatting, so common idea is that if you're doing DL you've already got a glute focused movement in your training so if you do low bar squatting and DL you're basically overdoing your glutes and not enough work on quads resulting in potential muscle imbalances. Fixable by either exchanging low bar for high, or adding a bunch of quad focused movements in addition to your DL and low bar squat. Unless you are NEET, pro athlete or a uni student chances are you probably want to be efficient wiht your training and so DL combined with high bar is an effective way of balance.

>What's the point of low bar squats?
Mechanical advantage

Try holding onto the power rack and squat deeply, bounce and wiggle around a bit at least 3 times before you squat. This will open up our hips and I guarantee your squat will feel much better after this.

I had the same problem and this solved it.