What are your thoughts on lifting first thing in the morning, Veeky Forums?

What are your thoughts on lifting first thing in the morning, Veeky Forums?

It's awesome. Only downside is that all that movement moves my morning poop ahead of schedule by like two hours, and I have to stop mid workout to take a dump

It sucks. I used to do that.
I do cardio and stretches in the mornings, but thats it.

Otherwise I lift after work, before dinner. Fits anywhere in my schedule and I don't fuck up my day.

Really painful. Lifting without eating first is just horrible.

Wouldn't it be inefficient since you haven't eaten anything in a while (and it would take a while for breakfast to kick in) and your metabolism is still in "fasting" mode?

>wake up
>put on gym clothes
>wash face brush hair
>off to gym
has been my routine for a year now. to see if its for you, youre honestly just gonna have to try. some people get stomach aches when lifting fasted. for me its the other way around, i can only lift on an empty stomach otherwise i just feel like puking, even after 6 hours of not eating.

word

Post pic and I'll start doing it everyday

>tfw you're night person af but the only schedule that fits is early morning

I just get so much more out of my workouts when I've eaten and digested food for a few hours. Low blood sugar fucking kills me I can't put out max effort or keep up the intensity for an hour and a half.

Fuck I'm alive

Used to do it, but since I started going to school again I only have time after and honestly it's way better in the afternoon. I wake up eat breakfast, then eat lunch at school at 12, than 2 hours later I'm back home and either have a small meal or go straight lifting and I feel more energetic. It's really up to you and your schedule tho, lifting in the morning is great too, but from my experience you'll have more energy.. also those morning poops just make the workout last longer than it should.

You should probably eat a banana and drink a redbull your good to go.

best time to workout is between 11am and 3pm imo.

I tried it a few times. It was a tight schedule because I work at 7:30 but it's a bit refreshing. That's all I can say about it, I don't think it boosted my lifts any bit. IF says to exercise fasted but with some BCAA's in your system. I think it has a marginal effect, and the BCAA's seem to curb appetite so you don't feel like eating outside your window. (anecdotal)

You will just have to try it and see if it's for you, it might be more of a placebo of just getting up and accomplishing things early in the day.

It can be okay if you have no other options, but you'll lift better and make more gains if you use the day to get limbered up and fed before you lift.

There's a reason that very few college sports train in the early morning, and in the one that does (rowing) there's an observable advantage to having later practices.

Yep, when I had classes and needed to go to the gym, I'd wake up at around 5:30 or 6:30 depending on what day it was.
>Oatmeal + black coffee
>Shit
>Lift
Definitely gets your day going, but it all comes down to your own schedule and when you want to work out. I started doing it because I didn't like the afternoon crowds.

A-a-are you me?

Your T levels are maxed out in the morning and it would make sense for that alone.

Mixture of sometimes feeling amazing to get loads of shit done across the day and the worst hell imaginable if you don't go to sleep on time.

Due to Uni I'm soon gonna have to get back to my old schedule of getting to gym at 7am again. I'm kind of excited but also dreading it since I know I'll have trouble falling asleep by 11pm.

Seeing the sunrise is an amazing feel though.

takes me like 3 hours to properly wake up

I do, but i have to take a shitload of medication so it normally takes me about and hour and half to get ready in the morning. So i wake up at 6, gym by 7:45, out by 8:45 then work.

Gotta eat first or I get a poor quality workout.

>broscience

The only cool thing is you're done with it for the rest of the day amd it feels like you have more energy throughout the day, I do need some coffee though, I only"wake up" after the first set of heavy squats.

also pretty cool to go there just before the gym opens, open squat rack and no one for a few mins