He doesn't meditate

>he doesn't meditate

Never gonna make it. Meditation is the final red pill.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olney's_lesions
youtube.com/watch?v=LL2XUTeoUsM&t=5s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I used psychedelics heavily for about six months (i now have visual snow, but thats another story) and started meditating. I'm literally a new person and feel like the best version of myself.

I still have intensity when i need it, but am not so angry and anxious all of the time. Being out in public or interacting with people at work used to make me anxious. Now i pretty much feel comfortable everywhere.

I think meditation has also helped my mental clarity quite a bit. I feel sharper / on point more than i'ever been.

Real talk now guys

Been on and off with meditation for years.

As a 27 year old I had 3 months where I meditated everyday without fail while training for a boxing match.

I ate clean and found it easy, got super lean with visible abs and trained hard as fuck.

Had a month off training, not meditated for a month either. Over that time I put on 5kg of fat and started drinking beer again and feel like I have less will power. This has happened before when I stopped meditating. Tomorrow I start fight camp for 2 months and I will incorporate meditating into my routine. I've had periods of meditation before and everytime I stop the habit I feel sadder, more hopeless and put on weight.

Lack of time is why I stopped.

It's when your schedule is tight and time is lacking that meditation is most needed imo. I'd recommend doing it early, as part of your morning routine. That way if the day doesn't go as planned and time gets away from you, you still got your meditation done that day.

It irks me when I see "I'm too busy for meditating" posted on a random internet forum

I always meditated sparely for some years, but last month i started taking it more seriously, its strange to see, last year i went through an amphetamine addiction and suicide attempts, i was really convinced i would never be happy and should off myself, luckily my best friend predicted what i was going to do, and didn't leave me alone one day.
Now after some time taking it seriously, i can say that i've been happiest than ever, im not at my "best" if you look from an outsider point, than i was at some points in my life, more like i can feel happy without seeking out stuff.
I feel mostly, more concentrated, happy overall, sociable, i feel i've dissolved part of my social anxiety, like i can express myself openly when talking now, been getting good grades at college, its not that i don't feel sad or angry, its just that i see stuff as it is, a passing emotion, not something to cling too.
Also for those who have a busy schedule, there are many ways to meditate, i've been doing mindfulness in the subway when i go to college, besides 10 minute of sitting meditation before sleep, and just this, made me feel a lot better.

I use acid or dextromethorphan every Friday night, have been for ~3 months. The HPPD set in after three weeks or so. I have heavy visual snow and staring at anything for more than 10s makes everything get trippy af.

how to meditate?

Jesus fucking christ, don't take DXM every weekend.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olney's_lesions

this, lots of conflicting and confusing info on "meditation"

youtube.com/watch?v=LL2XUTeoUsM&t=5s

meditation is fake.

Just take a 20 minute brisk walk for the scientifically proven health benefits that meditation claims to give you- without any scientifically reproducible effects.

The acid to dextromethorphan ratio is 3:1, so I only take it once a month

23mins of some guy speaking in chink? fuck that

You can turn the subtitles on.

Lmao
"Meditation" is just considering the reasons behind your action, the feelings you have, and why you have them. AKA being a functional human being. If you have to set times to "mediate" instead of just thinking that way constantly, you've got something fucked up inside yo head.

i have been doing it for a year or so and it really helped me with social anxiety. did not get enlighted or some shit though lol

That's western meditation, or philosophical meditation.

>i don't need to meditate because i already meditate

I want to start meditating but I don't even know where to start. So much different information. It was the same when I started lifting. Where should I start?

I also want to try LSD for it's enlightening effects. I don't care about visuals that much desu. I've been reading a lot on psychedelics and it looks as they are THE red pill drug. Anyone here lifts and does shrooms/LSD/DMT regularly? I've always been really thoughtful about everything in my life. I like to think about the meaning of life, the social conditioning, why we do things the way we do them, what's our motivation and so on. I also believe in god but not in the biblical way (although bible is based as fuck, lots of smart things there if you don't take it literally) but more in a sense of a GOOD energy that is everywhere. If you open up to god (good energy) it will flow in you, if you are atheist or don't believe it you will just block it.

Anyone can give me some advice on where to start?

I regularly drop acid. If you don't have access to a local dealer, order off the deepweb. If you're not technically inclined, look up the legal RC's. I believe 1P-LSD is still legal.

I don't know understand what I'm saying but most of the drugs are "beta drugs". You take drug to escape from reality and to numb yourself. Weed, cocaine, alcohol stuff like this. It isn't good for self-improvement and for someone who wants to improve every single day and become the best version of himself. What would you say about acid regarding this?

>do my placebo effect xD

literally worse than no-fappers

/r/meditation
>hurr leddit
if you fags would step out of your box you would realize that there is a lot of useful information that you can get there w/o paying attention to the community whatsoever.

focus meditation is the type you want to check out. Guided meditations on youtube is a start and () linked a good video

Who cares if it's a placebo if it works? Meditating daily has lowered my autism levels by at least 60%. You should try it! :^)

In my opinion, everything you said is extremely close minded and ignorant. If that's what you think those drugs are for then perhaps consider necking yourself for being a judgmental cunt.

Like most drugs, acid has incredible potential for self-improvement, but only if you go into the trip genuinely seeking it. Same applies to weed, so if you think that's a "beta drug" then maybe you're not responsible enough to use drugs properly.

I use reddit frequently, learned how to shoplift and carhop there

People in this thread seem to be under the impression that meditation's effects on the brain havn't been scientifically documented on numerous occasions.

There are literally hundreds of studies that show it changes your brain in verifiable, and replicable ways.

It's not a meme, and it doesn't have to be hippie bullshit either.

lsd is literally indescribable. you can compare it to discovering everything again for the first time, a childlike wonder, etc. the whole 'red pill' thing is overblown a bit imo, but it can make you and your problems feel very small after tripping.
just buy some and try it in a safe place.

>calming the mind leads to a calmer mind = placebo
>lifting weights leads to lifting heavier weights = placebo

Just calmly sit down and think of nice things

The psychedelic experience, if endured properly, is like a sneakpeak into the eternal bliss that can be found and sustained perpetually via meditation. It is endowed with the nostalgic feeling of childhood and ignorant ecstasy. Feeling this feel once again can be liberating and give one a renewed sense of hope. Based on my prior endeavors i can say that psychedelics will only provide a temporary glimpse into a higher state and afterwards it will slowly fade away over months unless one adopts a more consistent and sustainable form of daily mindfulness.

Meditation on the other hand can be done as frequently as one pleases and will have more benefits to ones well being throughout the remainder of their existence than mush. Psychedelics are the cheat code that temporarily make us maxlevel entities. Meditation is how to actually level up. With both avenues, logging on infrequently will make you rusty and sometimes cause your level to depress gradually overtime.

Basically if you want to meditate you sit somewhere comfortable and quiet. You do not need to be in the lotus position on the floor chanting "Om." Sit in a chair if you want. Limit noise and distractions. You sit with your eyes closed and "think what not thinking would feel like". Think of the brain as a muscle and going from a state of thought to a state of nonthought is the point of the exercise. In the beginning this is more important than just maintaining nontought as it trains you to pull back from your stream of consciousness and see things objectively. Eventually once this has been mastered you attempt to maintain that head space for a long time because again, even once you get big you need to continue lifting to maintain your physique. Its easy most people just quit because its not instantly gratifying. Do it twice daily for a week and you'll probably get hooked.

That's literally what I said. If you need to stop and take a half hour or something to collect your thoughts than you are messed up inside.

what do you guys think about the big nonduality push that's been going on lately? Frankly, I think t kind of sucks.

wrooong

goofy atheists. Im not saying everybody should follow an organized religion but i dont understand how people cant believe in something being out there

read "Mindfulness in Plain English"

What exactly is meditating? Ive sat down and thought about stuff for a while. I also spend about 30mins to an hour in bed before i sleep thinking about life and everything really critically. Is this considered meditating?

>be a kid
>get told to imagine something out there
>try
>not sure what to imagine, space seems complex enough without adding a bunch of needless magic to it
>get told by increasingly frustrated adults "the universe has to come from somewhere, god is an explanation for how things started"
>where did god come from?
>uhhhhh
>realize they're full of shit and if there is a god these idiots wouldn't know

I ended up joining the Church to be polite to my mom, never believed in jack shit.

Let me ask you the same thing back. I often wonder where religious people take the energy to keep rationalizing away how the stuff they believe in could exist when they get hit with every clue that it doesn't on a daily basis. How do you get past even the babbiest of redpills like

>if god knows everything and is all powerful why is there so much suffering?
>so either he doesn't know everything, or he isn't all powerful, or he doesn't care about us

I'm sure you could come up with an excuse if you tried real hard but doesn't that speak for itself? If there is a god then 99% of his activity must be tricks he uses to hide from detection. At the same time the average organized religion says god wants us to believe in him, usually that you get rewarded if you do or punished if you don't. That's a massive contradiction. A hypothetical god could have a clean 100% belief rate, all he would have to do is show up some time. Not only would everyone believe in him, we would all believe in the correct version. Instead what did god supposedly do? He had various people write books about him thousands of years ago and they all contradict each other so now we're stuck picking from hundreds of different texts of which only one can logically be true. Importantly, one needn't be true. They can all be wrong. The clues don't point to a god, they point to people lying their asses off.

read this post

The ONLY thing you have to do to be meditating is to focus on a singular thing like your breathing and just redirect your attention to breathing or whatever you choose every time you lose focus. Everyone always gets lost in thought after a while... this is not unique to mediation noobs

LOSING FOCUS DOES NOT MEAN YOU FAILED!!!!!!!! THIS IS INTENDED

The act of redirecting your attention back from being lost in thought to being focused on one thing is the actual mental gains that alters your brain physically. Every time you catch your mind wandering and fix it, you are doing 1 brain focus rep. This is what makes people who meditate more able to focus on tasks in day to day life.

You can meditate in silence, in a noisy room, lying down, sitting up, in your computer chair, anything. The only thing that matters is your attention to focus.

Edgy as fuck.

>people can't answer it so god can't be real

Not that guy but heres my answers. Suffering is a necessity. Its one of the first things early philosophers have covered. Without suffering, good times cant exist because you have nothing to compare them too.

Also, if you believe in God, you consider him to be all knowing, why more knowledgeable than us. As smart as we think we are, we can not even begin to perceive his plans and how we fit into them. You should read a lot of philosophy books and they will either help you strengthen your opinion against God, or they will help you understand how he could exist.

I was raised christian but i wouldnt say im that religious. Probably agnostic at best. I see how He could exist but im not entirely sure He exists at all. Also, its possible that all monotheistic religions believe in the same god but have different interpretations of it throughout the years.

Where's the edge? The only source telling me there is a god are people. If people can't back their shit up then that's zero sources.

I can agree with all of that, even

>I see how He could exist

Yes, he could. But I don't see one reason to assume so.

The clear answer is never stop meditating, if it's the one thing making the difference between you being calm and happy then it should be one of your top priorities, make time for it.

i get that and thats something i really struggle with. i like to read a lot of philosophy books and they raise a lot of good points. My brother is super religious and has bible study every thursday night, and he even officiated my sisters wedding. i debate it a lot with him.

I really cant convince you of anything, but it can be pretty interesting to explore it.

Only thing i like is that a lot of true christians seem to be good people. im not talking fake christians who use biblical verses to hate on gays or whatever, im talking people who take it to heart and only want the best for you. im sure people of other religions are just as nice but due to my geographical area, its mostly those around me.

>Only thing i like is that a lot of true christians seem to be good people. im not talking fake christians who use biblical verses to hate on gays or whatever

That's a fallacy. If you like them they're "real", if you disagree with them they're "fake". This is you deciding that "a real christian is nice" and then sorting people into two groups accordingly.

I might be guilty of that. But a lot of "real christians" imo live by the golden rule. Treat other people the way you want to be treated.

When i say fake christians, i mean the people who have never really read the bible. They dont try to live like jesus, and they only use cherrypicked scriptures to shame other people.

I might be biased, but the point of most religions is to be the best person you can be, and to help others be the best they can be. For that reason, im ok with "real" religion.

I did it for a year one time, 40 minutes a day. I ended up having 2-3 lucid dreams per week. Was pretty cool

>the point of most religions is to be the best person you can be

Typical Christian influenced perspective. Actually most religions aren't like that because around the world most people aren't like that. Only White people are like that so they turned their religion into that.

>not practicing TM in your home sauna nightly
Good luck you heavy-metal-laden, 3
dimensional plebes.

>muh white people

Great guy, shame he didn't get all of them.

Okay did 30 minutes. Even hungrier now and I'm fasting...

Are you fuckers meming me into not making it?

user which psychedelics did you do?

I'm gonna take LSD or 1P-LSD next Saturday I'm a lil nervous

1p lowers my seizure level like 5times more then regular lsd, go for the lsd

1P LSD turns into LSD in vivo

Your regular LSD doses must just be smaller than advertised.

You need to try 2 grams of mushrooms, grind them up and drink it down with a glass of orange juice. Set and Setting is everything. Enjoy.

Have been doing a lot of DMT lately. Lifts growing steadily ;)

Try it, it's practically legal (if you make it yourself) and is guaranteed to be the craziest experience of your life.

Seriously, will meditation help out with my anxiety? What else Des it help with?

Dont do any RCs, they're all nasty garbage that are waaay too dangerous.
If it tastes like ANYTHING, spit it out. Real LSD has no taste or smell

Untrue. I've had ALD-52 and 1P and they were both fantastic, though the ALD headspace is way more insane than 1P. Regardless of what you get, even if you're told it's regular LSD, don't be a complete dipshit. Use a high quality test kit and don't take anything you buy from a sketchy source.

Nah man, There's a difference between contemplation your thoughts and mindfulness practice. The former is what you described, the latter is more about letting thoughts come and go without dwelling on them too much and it has different effects than what you described.