Fasting is the Only Way

Consuming calories while you lose weight is the biggest fucking meme of our lifetime.

>b-but muh metabolism!
Will only improve when you fast. Your body fixes itself when it's fasting, including your shitty metabolism.

>b-but muh "gain it all back"
No, you gain it all back when you count calories (knowing you try to sneak in snacks) and not address your real problem which is food addiction. The best way to kick an addiction is quitting cold turkey, yes, even food. You'll actually fix your relationship with food when you stop fucking eating eat it for a while and gain some clarity.

>b-but it's "dangerous"
It took battered, diseased soldiers over 40 days MINIMUM to die of starvation. If you're so worried, get it supervised. Or do it for 2 weeks at a time. Medical professionals convinced you that it's dangerous because they know the body can heal itself, which means they'd be out of a job.

>b-but...

Here's some motivation from your favorite people in history

>"Everyone has a doctor in him; we just have to help him in his work. The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well. ...to eat when you are sick, is to feed your sickness."

-Hippocrates

>"Humans live on one-quarter of what they eat; on the other three-quarters lives their doctor."

-Egyptian pyramid inscription, 3800 B.C.

>"A little starvation can really do more for the average sick man than can the best medicines and the best doctors."

-Mark Twain

Being fat is a sickness, and fasting can cure like all else. I suffered the most intense gallbladder attacks through March and early April for the most minor dietary fuck-ups. I fasted for 1.5 days and I haven't had a gallbladder attack or even indigestion no matter WHAT I ate, even highly spicy foods. It's not just about getting slim, it's improving every facet of your body and life.

Start by clearing out your pantry except for soups/broths, veggies, soft fruit, juices and water. Consume only that for a week (cont)

Other urls found in this thread:

allaboutfasting.com/benefits-of-fasting.html
books.google.com/books?id=leN5CwAAQBAJ&pg=PT264&dq=fasting hunger&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiy9aTY88zTAhWsyoMKHYqmBcM4ChDoAQgmMAA#v=onepage&q=fasting hunger&f=false
youtu.be/ETkwZIi3R7w
desuarchive.org/fit/thread/40923109
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What about single day fasts. Do them shits do work?

, aiming to consume a little less each time. Spend the entire second week water fasting. Listen to your body and notice the differences. Every improvement in your condition will motivate you. You'll feel lighter, look brighter and be happier.

Skinny people do 40 day fasts all the time, so us fatasses can manage 2-4 week water-only fasts. Motivate yourself with readings and testimonies.

Check out allaboutfasting.com/benefits-of-fasting.html , it's the best resource out there about fasting.

Single day fasts are great if you're just a bit overweight, but you want to do those once a week at least for long-term changes.

Fasting kills your muscle faggot.

This thread is (mostly) for fatasses. We all know that fat people can't lose weight and gain muscle so that doesn't matter.

fasting once in a while does have health benefits, but using it as a means of long term weight loss?
pants on head retarded.
There are no shortcuts. You will have to do the whole spiel if you wanna make it.

yup I agree completely, op
can you post a pic of your body and your stats please?
I wanna know what I'll look like before I start doing extended fasts
all these dumb normal cuts where you eat food at a deficit to lose weight simply don't work and I'm glad op is talking some sense right here
I mean look at this faggot I found in the /cbt/

he'd retain so much more muscle mass on his cuts if he stopped eating calories for entire weeks at a time
what a fucking idiot that guy is

>pants on head retarded.

Explain. Yes everyone attempting fasting for weight loss should know they will gain some pounds the moment they start eating again, but they only gain it all back if they didn't take the fasting period to truly break themselves from unhealthy, high-calorie foods. Obviously they will have to continue healthy eating habits afterward to maintain weight loss.

fat people can lose weight and gain muscle at the same time you fucking retard

have fun being stuck in skinnyfat mode because you didn't lift while losing weight

Well I made a mistake posting this on "MUSCLES R EVERYTHING"

They can attempt to retain some muscles but realistically they won't gain much of them.

the fasting will only make you gain fat and lose muscle.
have you ever thought about, idk, just not eating shit food and going for a balanced healthy diet?
fasting will only have adverse effects to your weight loss.
it is good for you, if done very rarely, maybe once a year for a week or so. There is no way around lengthy cuts, exercise and proper nutrition. it simply takes time to lose weight. every nutritionist worth their salt will tell you as much.

muscles ARE everything
do you really want to look like pic related after losing all the weight?
seriously dude?

I've gone from 270lbs obese mode to 200lbs still fat mode and all of my lifts have gone up and I'm still cutting normally to lose weight
can you explain how I lost all this weight and still gained muscle and went up in ALL of my lifts?
I sure can
stop giving yourself excuses to do these retarded meme diets

A fat person that lifts will burn fat for energy and use consumed protein to build muscle while regenerating. Ever heard of nitrogen balance?

This bitch has absolutely no clue about physiology, biology, neurology, and psychology.

How do you think your organs would handle going from a normal diet to nothing for a month, then back to a normal diet? Look up the detrimental effects of anorexia, because this is anorexia.

Think about it, your body MIGHT be able to live off of body fat stores, but do you think your muscles will like that as much as it would like lean protein? There's a reason why people who are losing massive amounts of weight need nutritionists and to still eat high protein, low carb diets.

Almost recovered fattie here, can confirm 100%, fuck OP for this thread and for trying to fool /fat/.

Fuck you fasting gave me gastritis.. now i get bloated and gassy when i dont eat long periods of time

I went from 270 to 189 to 207 now (in about a year and a half)... If you don't have definition of any kind, your "fasting" is fucking your muscles up. You might have made tiny gains, but I'm short man, if you're taller than 5'7" you should be leaner than me. Chances are, you're form got better so you could do the movements more correctly, thus bumping your lifts up a little.

If those were your before and after pictures, something is seriously wrong and you should stop fasting immediately. I actually like looking at that picture and seeing that it's the wrong way to go about losing weight. You fucked up, big time.

Glad to see a fasting thread! I didn't see one for like 2 weeks and I thought all of muh nigga Fungfags had died of accidental starvation.

Wrong. Your body can adjust just fine. The human body has done so for centuries.

Fat people "need" nutritionists because all of the ignorant millennials who got nutritionists certifications "need" a job.

our bodies literally evolved to fast, you fucking imbecile

>fasting will only have adverse effects to your weight loss.

You still haven't explained why specifically.

LOL fasting is not a meme diet. You fuck up ONE time in your journey and it'll be incredibly easy for you to gain it all back. Calorie deficits don't really fix the eating problem. That's why 95% of people who lose weight gain it back. They eat small bags of chips or lean pockets because it "fits their calories". Rarely are dieters actually eating properly. People who are really fat are addicted to food and the only to break it is true fasting.

I'm not trying to fool /fat/, I'm trying to help. Every "calorie deficit" dieter stays fucking hungry the entire time. That's why they cheat every weekend. Fasting is the only way to beat true hunger.

Can't argue with these scientific facts.

Good job op.

Take away the word "true", my mistake. And by "beating hunger" I just mean stomach pangs, headaches and all the shitty feelings you have when you don't eat. It's not ACTUALLY hunger, it's WITHDRAWAL symptoms. Notice how all of those symptoms are almost exactly like drug addicts.

>How do you think your organs would handle going from a normal diet to nothing for a month, then back to a normal diet?

They do just fucking fine if you break the fast properly.

Veggies
Soft Fruit
Broths/Juices
Water for a month
Broths/Juices
Soft Fruit
Veggies

There, your digestive system is fine. It's best if dieters continue a FRESH diet. There, 20-30 lbs down without suffering and "hunger" from calorie counting diet.

It's almost laughable how retarded you sound.
Do you seriously believe hunger is on the level of withdrawal symptoms?
Next you'll tell me to stop drinking to learn how to ignore thirst. Since, you know, thirst is totally a withdrawal symptom - dry mouth, headache, shitty feelings.

I tried this and ended up bingeing, which just set off a quasi-eating disorder for a few weeks.

Fuck it, I'll stick to my 23/1 intermittent fasting, I can't water fast for more than that.

>I'm not trying to fool /fat/, I'm trying to help. Every "calorie deficit" dieter stays fucking hungry the entire time. That's why they cheat every weekend. Fasting is the only way to beat true hunger.
This is retarded on so many levels.

>Do you seriously believe hunger is on the level of withdrawal symptoms?

Yes, it's not "true" hunger first of all. All of those symptoms disappear after 2-3 days. People fast for over a month all the time, they would never last that long if stomach pangs and headaches were plaguing them the entire time. They are able to do it because they don't really feel anything after the first 3 days. The whole point of withdrawal symptoms is making you feel like you need the thing you're not consuming or shooting up anymore. So people think headaches is "hunger" xD

Fasting makes your body go into starvation mode if done for a long period of time, which makes your body store fat as way to survive, all while eating the muscle. Yes you can lose weight by fasting. However you will look like shit.

Sounds like a bunch of stuff that will not affect the 30+ BMI people in /fat/ threads.

I mean, the main point of losing weight is to look better right? /Fat/ to dyel skinnyfat isnt much of an upgrade

>/Fat/ to dyel skinnyfat isnt much of an upgrade

Fatass here. Seems like an upgrade to me.

If your BMI is 30+, you're not going to be "skinnyfat" after a month of fasting anyways. It's an upgrade no matter how you look at it.

LOL no, fasting is only for people who have no personal discipline whatsoever and therefore have to resort to stupid extreme measures in their vain attempt to not be a fatass anymore -- then they WILL gain it all back when they binge-eat after their so-called 'fast'.

FASTING IS FOR FAT LOSERS.

People with ACTUAL discipline can count calories successfully and not stuff their faces with pizza, cookies, cakes, and other fatass crap. Admit it, we're the superior race, you're all pleb-tier fatasses who should just kill yourselves if you can't be bothered to get some personal discipline.

OP is talking about on/off forever

Wrong, society evolved to fast. We have fast food and our bodies didn't evolve to counteract a high fat diet. We could eat a paleo diet (aka early human) and be fine.

You can't equate the physical activity of the early 1900s to us weight lifting. And when did they bounce back from starvation? During famine? Those people NEVER had the type of physiques we have, and they didn't just get hit with 1 big starvation event and deal with it. Those people either moved to where the food was or died... And you cant bitch a out nutritionists when you're on a board that does fuck all but talk about lifting and nutrition. So stfu.

>fasting is only for people who have no personal discipline whatsoever

Wat? Fasting takes all of the discipline in the world. At least for the first 3 days it does, and a LONG 72 hours it becomes.

>stupid extreme measures

Our society has really made fasting seem like a bad thing hahaha there's a reason it's been so popular in religious groups for millennia. But nowadays in the West, people are ADDICTED to food and calorie counting is not breaking the addiction - it's just making people suffer. Fasting may start with a lot of suffering but it's just part of breaking the addiction and they will feel incredible afterwards. Calorie counting just makes you yearn for bad shit the entire time.

>then they WILL gain it all back when they binge-eat after their so-called 'fast'.

Anyone who does their proper knows they can die if they binge-eat after a fast.

Why would your body cannibalize your muscles if it has all that extra fat laying around?

Do you think that if a fatty decides to fast, he will just become jabba the hut? A giant sack of fat with no muscle? Will your body also digest your bones? Your organs?

Get real, fag.

OP here, and truthfully, your non-vital muscles will be eaten by the body first (obviously not all of them or else you wouldn't be able to move around) then it goes to fat stores. But that user is also silly to think that this shit matters when you're fat as hell.

You sound like a defective human being you should kys yourself

>starving yourself is good
lol

I have a pretty low blood pressure even when I eat normally.
Can I even do this without blacking out or collapsing? Eating nothing seems dangerous for my blood pressure.

You think I know why its a shit system? Its just the way the body works. In a perfect world your body would just eat fat during a fast. Then everyone counting calories, or cutting would just go on a fasting diet and look ripped since body fat would fall off. Look it up, the body uses most of the muscle left on your body and hangs on for dear life to fat while in starvation. Cutting would be far more easy if the only rule was no eating. No one is saying fasting on rare occasions is good for the body. The problem is that fasting as a weight loss plan is retarded as fuck

*Not good

Why don't you paleofags of all people realize that early humans went for extended periods of time without eating then feasted? And so on and so forth? I'm not suggesting that "1 big starvation event" is all one needs to lose weight and they can go back to eating shit afterward. I'm pretty sure even the normalest of normalfags from the most backwater areas of teh US knows that they have to change their eating habits for life. BUT sometimes, it takes it takes cold turkey quitting to develop the right relationship with food. I did the same thing with cigarettes.

>hangs on for dear life to fat while in starvation.

Physics says otherwise you millennial bro-science piece of shit.

>"I see you're not eating anymore," says my muscle faggot.
>"I'm just fasting, you'll be okay," I respond.
>My muscle faggot looks down in pain. "You're killing me. You know that right?" he tells me.
>"But Veeky Forums said I could fast because fasting heals so it's a good thing."
>My muscle faggot doesn't say anything else. Just sullenly looks off into the distance with a look of great dispair for brief moment then slowly slumps over in his chair and gently falls into a melancholic slumber.
>He's been in a coma now for 39 days now.

So youre telling me, that fasting is a more effective way of losing body fat, then regular diet and exercise?

>early humans went for extended periods of time without eating then feasted?
As far as I'm aware, religious fasts are and were pretty much always intermittent and definitely not 20+ days of no food.

>walk everyday
>eat healthier
or
>starve yourself
Hmmm.... Maybe if you fat fucks actually went outside and did some exercise until you felt this wet thing on you called sweat you wouldn't have to come up with bullshit systems like fasting which are detrimental to your health and just give you an excuse to do fuck all and continue sitting on your ass all day, "b-b-but I'm fasting!"

I was at the gym a few days ago and saw this regular guy who's probably like 5'10'' fucking HUGE bear mode like no joke like this guy is probably upwards of 300lbs. But he's fucking doing mad weight. He's always with his girlfriend too who is also almost equally as huge. I saw him and his girl on the exercise bike and he was really going at it, obviously trying to better himself. His girlfriend wasn't having any of it. She was clearly not interested in losing the weight and putting forth the effort. I could see the disappointment on his face and the guilt in hers. It was fucking disgusting. You fat fucks think starving yourself will cure all your problems, Jesus Christ.

You're deflecting. All I said was that "hanging on to fat for dear life" is bullshit. If you don't consume calories, your body will have to go to fat stores to continue functioning whether it "wants to" or not.

I was close friends with arab kids in high school. They only fasted during daylight and then feasted at night. Also it was for one week.

I was thinking more monks and religious officials than random modern arabs.

Is this what anorexics really think?

Glad I was able to find this book again that kind of goes into depth about the differences between hunger and withdrawal.

books.google.com/books?id=leN5CwAAQBAJ&pg=PT264&dq=fasting hunger&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiy9aTY88zTAhWsyoMKHYqmBcM4ChDoAQgmMAA#v=onepage&q=fasting hunger&f=false

Fasting is only for brave people, lazy fatfucks will never do something like that, is easy when you used to do it but the first days/weeks requires mental power

No it doesn't. Anabolic and catabolic processes apply to all tissue. Any gain will involve bone, muscle, fat, and attachment. As will any loss, to one degree or another. In fact, your body will prioritise fat over other tissue types while in a mild catabolic state because muscle and connective tissues are extremely costly to build, and fat isn't.

'No eating' doesn't work for cutting because fasting is almost impossible for most people to keep up for any length of time, and inevitably leads to binge eating when the body decides to take matters into its own hands.

>If you don't consume calories, your body will have to go to fat stores to continue functioning whether it "wants to" or not.
Yeah, that's called starving. If your body has to go into fat reserves in order to keep up natural bodily functions... that is not healthy, m8.

Lol it's literally ketosis. Don't you guy love that here?

This is why I'm clearing the pantry and fridge today.

Sorry buddy, muscles are everything. Higher muscle mass even while carrying around too much fat completely alters your carbohydrate metabolism, not to mention making literally every physical task easier. A guy who's 40% bf at 220 it likely pre-diabetic if not already diabetic. A guy who's 40% bf at 300 probably won't be.

>Lol it's literally ketosis.
Lol it's literally exercise.

I hate that myth about the AK47. I've owned two that were both made in former Russian states and they were pieces of shit. Inaccurate and they jammed fairly often. They were easy to fix and I could always get them back shooting but they jam frequently.

Every gun is prone to jam. Most of the time it's fault of the ammo being used or gun not being properly maintained.

>promoting anorexia

KEK!

Can someone tell me if intermittent fasting with keto is the best way to fast?

If you do it right you still get your daily intake of protein, fat, sodium, etc. While also having your body enter into fasting mode and burning fat.

I'm a little worried that my muscles and overall energy will go down but right now I'm doing 20/4 intermittent fasting keto and i've liked the results so far.

Anorexics are mentally ill and obsess about food. Fasting is about mental clarity and specifically learning to not obsess over food.

OP here, and IF is a healthier way to fast if done right, HOWEVER, like calorie counting, it allows people to not truly change their eating habits for the better. It's just doing it in different time periods.

I mean how drastically are we talking about changing our eating habits?

I've completely cut out sugars carbs and sodas from my diet. I eat only veggies and meats. So it can't be the type of foods you eat.
Do you mean how much food you eat? I try to aim for 1200-1400 calories a day so not sure what you consider as good eating habits.

This thread's turned into an ordeal of shit, and the site's interface unfortunately doesn't allow an orderly sorting of it.

To anyone new, be cautious as to the information posted here, as it is very like that it is in fact misinformation, regardless of stance.

Properly inform yourself on the topic, and abandon the thread:
youtu.be/ETkwZIi3R7w

Not bad

Not him, but single ingredient foods only with 35g of fiber at least and 1gram/lb bodyweight in protein at least is a great place to start. You'll spend less time fretting about calorie counting because it's very nearly impossible to overeat on a diet where the foods have such a high satiety effect. It sounds almost like that's what you're doing though. Are you positive you're actually sticking to it? I imagine you'd be pretty miserable on 1200-1400 cals a day unless you're a turbomanlet or a grill though...

I just mean eating as fresh as possible. Sure, in your case, protein and veggies is fine as long as you stick with it. Although, I personally wouldn't overdo it with the meat. Meats are hard on your digestive system, even if you don't "feel" it. Eventually you will. I'd definitely substitute a large portion of my meat consumption with protein shakes.

Factually wrong

>Will only improve when you fast. Your body fixes itself when it's fasting, including your shitty metabolism.
False and retarded. Metabolism as a measured response changes marginally (typically less than 3% MoE) when fasting or lowering calories

>No, you gain it all back when you count calories (knowing you try to sneak in snacks) and not address your real problem which is food addiction.
Broken logic, I can only assume you're a woman because they compare when there is no comparison fairly often.
Counting calories has been shown to increase the likelihood of sticking to dietary changes, so even if your logic was right you'd be wrong.

>The best way to kick an addiction is quitting cold turkey, yes, even food.
By this logic you're also addicted to oxygen and sleep. Stop sleeping and breathing OP, it's the only way to be safe.

Fasting is fine, talking a load of retarded nonsense isn't. Top yourself

Anyone?

Reminder that the man posting the same Dr Fung videos over and over again refuses to believe that people can lose weight simply by counting calories, all because he's a self admitted fatass who can't keep from gorging unless he stops eating completely.

Makes a lot of sense, thanks for helping me understand the nonsense that is this thread

The lack of science in the video above is mindblowing

Fasting is probably not safe for you.

desuarchive.org/fit/thread/40923109
Here's a thread where he autistically screeches at people who suggest that CICO works and he just sucked at counting. If you search "fung" on desuarchive, you see this guy alot.

>the nonsense that is this thread

Tired of this "if it's not about lifting it's not Veeky Forums and it's nonsense" don't know why the "health" portion of fit was removed but fitness is much broader than lifting.

Your liver can literally make glucose from your stored fat. Your organs continue getting the fuel they need even on a fast. Nothing really changes for them fuel wise.

Fucking broscience

But this thread is nonsense. I'm sorry your self control is so awful that you have to choose between not eating at all or gorging yourself, but please don't come to Veeky Forums and sperg at everybody else who has more self control.

>fancy words
>not just calling yourself too lazy to cook

Isn't fasting just skipping a fucking meal or 2? Wtf is fasting one day/2 days. It happens when you lazy ass forget to get up in the morning during a weekend

Holy shit fitness industry is full of retards

Isn't fasting just taking CICO to the limit of CI = 0? What is the meaningful difference, why would that magically work differently?

He claims that it's all about insulin and calories are meaningless.

Remember the 95%

Alright faggots. When you lift, your muscles tear and then rebuild themselves. This degradation and synthesis is related to a process called protein turnover. Considering humans are not able to synthesize all the amino acids necessary for protein synthesis, how the FUCK do you expect protein degradation to not be greater than protein synthesis on an expected fast?

It seems to me that if you damage your muscles by lifting and then eat nothing for 2 weeks your muscles will not recover and will actually get smaller.

No one is denying this bud. But this thread is really about fatasses and it's clear that non-fatasses can't keep themselves out of the conversation.

Sort of wrong. He says IF and cutting out extra sugar/processed food/refined carbs is the best way to go. And you can eat an unlimited amount of fat sans trans fat.

> Hey guys, here's my totally unscientific, uniformed medical opinion
> Oh, don't trust that? Well how about
> A philosopher from 2,000 years ago
> Some Egyptian from 5,000 years ago
> A writer

Lmao, what do any of these people know about medical science again?

I trust them a lot more than the medical jew that only studies health for money (which would be against their self-interest to actually heal people)

If you have no fat left yeah
When you're in a fasted state the first thing that gets targeted is fat. If there's no more fat then your body cannibalizes its muscles.
Most people fasting here probably have >22% BMI

Is lifting and running while fasting advisable, or would that fuck you up?

look you dont just "burn fat". same with keto. with keto all you are doing is giving your body "fats" the macro for energy not bodyfat its a common misconception. the only reason a keto or old school lifter looks more cut is because there skin is tighter and they dont retain alot of water because for every like idk 150 carbs you retain like 1.2 liters of water for your muscles and bodily functions and your skin is tighter and your depelted of glycogen. when you burn "bodyfat" all your doing is converting it to carbon dioxide by breathing every second. look stuff up before you spread mis info like burning bodyfat please i really dislike shit like that

It's retarded to think that you can eat nothing and make any progress with lifting heavy weights, strength or hypertrophy wise.

That being said, how come Veeky Forums degenerates into HAES logic any time someone brings drastic caloric reduction

>muh starvation mode
In one thread you're laughing at the delusional whales saying that they eat only 800 calories but gain weight, yet in the next one you're firing the exact same bullet points. This seems awfully stupid to me.

Can someone thinking keto/IF/cutting more than 500 cals is the devil please point out to me what's wrong or bad with being active - doing resistance training at least 3 times a week plus doing some form of cardio - and making sure you eat enough protein per pound of lean body mass but little else? What would, in theory, be the difference between this and eating at your target maintenance calories/macros and say spending 8 hours a day being physically active in some way and jacking up your CO part of the CICO equation?

it does matter. Muscles burn fat. Shed muscles and you have harder time losing fat.
Why are fatsos so stupid. It's like you want to self sabotage yourself.
Eat at 500kcal deficit like a normal human being.
Don't listen to other fats. They're as dumb as you are. If they weren't they wouldn't get fat.

Its do able. You get used to it. I like doing it on my days off. I eat right after though. Not really useful unless you're cutting, though

If only IF or 1 day, no
Anything else, yes

>Intermittent Fast
>500-600 calories one day, 700 below maintenance the next.
>Lost 15lbs this week.(7 DAYS)
>Shit doesn't make sense, I'm only at a 1200/day deficit.
> 7 x 1200 = 8400. 8400/3500= 2.4 lbs expected
>Losing weight 6x faster than expected.
>Mostly fat, Id wager 90% is fat, muscles have barely declined.
>Pants too loose to wear yesterday.
>Estimate I went from 30%+ BF to 23% so far.

This shit is kind of spooky Veeky Forums my body took to fasting immediately, no hunger feelings. I'm upping my daily protein because I assume if it's eating lbs this fast it must be taking more muscle. Still maintaining workouts. Am skinnyfat, cutting before bulking, worried I just added an extra month of lean gains work with a week of this stuff though.

All this text when its all just
cals in < cals out

>Can someone thinking keto/IF/cutting more than 500 cals is the devil please point out to me what's wrong or bad with being active - doing resistance training at least 3 times a week plus doing some form of cardio - and making sure you eat enough protein per pound of lean body mass but little else?
No one is saying that, at least not here. We're only saying that eating nothing is retarded.