Alright what's the verdict on SS...

Alright what's the verdict on SS? Half of fit says it's a great routine for beginners and if you want to bodybuild you NEED to build strength first so you should start SS anyway.

But all the factual proof of what SS does (progress pics) just show someone being fatter with bigger legs. Please redpill me.

Pic related, not me but an SS victim

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jA93p29-oU4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ask the SS supporters to post their physique
Protip they won't, because they look like shit

Another SS victim (1 year)

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing numales SS was legit

I forgot what routine this guy did (PPL?) but no way in hell he did SS

Post body

SS is a troll to trick people into fat T rex mode. A lean dyel will look better than the monstrosity of SS + "bulking"

Natty? That's fucking impressive

>Not doing SL 5x5
Enjoy being a faggot

as far as i can tell it is a good routine. those guys probably eat totally wrong. daily caloric deficit of 500, with 50% protein 30% carbs 20% fat should be the initial diet for pretty much every beginner unless a pencil.

See that's the thing, whenever someone suggests Stronglifts, someone else says it's an inferior version of SS (and the guy who made SS doesn't look that big, at least Rippletoe admits he doesn't give a shit about aesthetics)

His routine was cardio + pushups 2x a week

Clean your bathroom faggot....

This guy was too fat to begin bulking in the first place

If you're looking for a novice strength routine, SS/SL are pretty good. If you're looking for MUH ABZ they are not.

(Samefagging) If you're doing GOMAD and you're not starting from being a skinny little shit, you're an idiot.

Lmao that's me, I do calisthenics progression.

Also thanks for saving my pics.

>doing SS or SL for more then 5 months
GS LP is bettet anyway

Please post your diet regimen.

SS will make you stronger

SS will not make you look better because nothing is going to make you look better in only 3-6 months.

Remember the most important lesson from these threads: It's literally impossible to cut body fat once you've gained it. Also delayed gratification is for pussy nu-males.

i can smell your beard oil from here dipshit

>It's literally impossible to cut body fat once you've gained it.
What?

missing the sarcasm

Mfw nobody ever suggests ICF on Veeky Forums and that's what I'm doing. SS will make you strong but you'll look like dogshit of you don't do anything else besides that. If you care about what you look like pick a program that has accessories that complement the strength excercises.

I just got Overcoming Gravity in the mail and I eventually plan on switching to calisthenics mainly to get a gymnasts body. Pic related

I assumed you were one of the many morons that call this board their home. Apologies

No worries. A bit sad that, around here, it wasn't obvious.

>Using sarcasm on the internet

You reek of virgin and autism

Only passive aggressive pussy betas use sarcasm because they don't have the balls to say what they mean

Split = Constant muscle building, actual DOMS

SS = Pointless workouts, No DOMS after a couple months, no muscle building

Are you new to lifting, friend?

You are born with the exact same amount of fat tissue you will die with. It's the adipocyte's swelling that determines whether you look like a fucking fatass or not. Same case with muscles. Your sarcomers can only grow in size, they do not proliferate (multiply).

If you were a fat baby, your mother ate fatty things during lactation or you come from a genetically fat family, you will always have more fat tissue than regular Joe. So you must bear that in mind.

I am finishing two months of 5x5 and I see results. My girlfriend sees results. Everybody does. It changed my behaviour, I lost fat and I see muscles on my body.

>Don't have the balls to say something
>On an anonymous fingerpainting forum

Your argument needs a little work there champ

>ICF
>unironically doing a program made by someone who looks like this

Why?

>SS = Pointless workouts, No DOMS after a couple months, no muscle building

Yea, no muscle building going from two plate to four plate squats, nope.

>You are born with the exact same amount of fat tissue you will die with.
But that's completely wrong you fucking retard. You are literally saying an infant has the same number of muscle and fat cells as a five eleven manlet.

>You are born with the exact same amount of fat tissue you will die with

This is categorically false. You absolutely can gain more fat cells, but the jury's still out on whether your body ever loses them as opposed to just shrinking them.

Which would actually be correct, at least as far as fat goes. There is no new fat cell growth, ever, the existing cells simply become larger or smaller. There are different numbers of fat cells between individuals of course.

>CNS adaptation equals muscle mass

kek, no wonder SS victims look like shit

>he counts leg muscles the same as a full chest or back

Whether SS makes you look good or not (it probably won't) is irrelevant because you'll be on it for nine months, TOPS. You'll learn the basic compound lifts that will allow you to get strong quickly, and sets up a solid base of both strength - and more importantly good lifting forms - to take you to whatever goal you want.

Out of the entire time you'll be lifting, nine months of basic strength training is nothing.

It's fine. Doesn't really matter what you do as long as it hits everything and you keep up with it. Personally, I like GSLP but really, it doesn't matter.

You're thinking of neurons m8

>doing a program made for high school football players
>being surprised when you look like a high school football player

SS IS FOR STARTING FUCKING STRENGTH IT'S NOT FOR FUCKING HYPERTROPHY I REPEAT SS IS A STRENGTH BASED FUCKING PROGRAM NOT HYPERTROPHY HOW HARD IS IT TO GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS,THE REASON IT'S GOOD FOR BEGINNERS IS DUE TO ITS SIMPLICITY AND HOW ACCESSIBLE AND EFFECTIVE IT IS FOR BEGINNERS IN COMPARISON TO MAKING THEM START WITH A HYPERTROPHY PROGRAM THAT REQUIRES THEM TO GET USED TO THE FORMS OF 20 DIFFERENT EXERCISES RIGHT OF THE BAT,IF YOU WANT SOME HYPERTROPHY WHILE DOING SS ADD SOME ACCESSORIES,MOST OF THESE PEOPLE YOU POSTED HAVE SHIT PHYSIQUES DUE TO SHIT FUCKING DIET AND BLAMING IT ON THE PROGRAM NOBODY SHOULD BE GETTING THAT FAT EVEN WHILE ON SS NOW READ THE STICKY AND FUCK OFF

So then why not just do PPL which has accessories and you can make the first compound lift of the day a low rep strength range?

SS LITERALLY tells you to bulk and you're blaming the people for following it's instructions??

I ate around 1700kcal of clean shit (chicken, sweet potato, oats, eggz). Also 16/8 intermittent fasting and fasted cardio 3x a week.

Boring as shit obviously but it works.

lol why do they always have their arms out like they are saying "whyyyyyyyyyyyy"

>as a five eleven manlet
pls no

this amaze me because his routine is bretty gud

he could have lmao, he's extremely small, ss and eating at a deficit can get you that easily

The routine is decent when you analyze it though. Has nothing to do with Blaha being a blob.

I stuck with it until I learned the lifts and when I progress began relatively stalling, afterwards switching to the linear 5x5 in the sticky.

It was, admittedly, only about 12 or so weeks and I was told off by a brosplit friend for not doing enough accessories. Imo it's a good beginner program, but you should know when to swap it out for something better and ideally, more challenging. Some days I dread going to gym, but I'm fairly close to 1/2/3/4 (5RM) and I could not imagine getting to this point as close if I religiously followed SS or if I didn't add as many accessories as I did with as many workout days throughout the week.

tl;dr try it but exercise common sense. Also GOMAD is retired as a dieting plan, just count calories, go high protein, low carbs and take 90% dark chocolate for fats or yogurt to meet TDEE.

Even then I got a visible six pack post-workout without even counting calories and just upping intensity per session.

SS was designed to rapidly turn twink skelly teens into fat immovable line backers to win football games. that is all it was made for. it's your fault if you expect a different outcome.

GS LP?

Ok so is there a good program for nice aesthetics that also includes the basic barbell movements? I'm doing SS now but since fit has magically started shitting on it collectively ever since I started going to the gym I guess I'll switch to another routine once I can bench 2pl8 or something.

You are not going to get that fat by doing a clean bulk, as recommended on the book.

Greyskull Linear Progression

It's been a while since I read the book, but I could've sworn Rippletits recommended eating Big Macs and Fries.

If you're five ten and one hundred fifty pounds, yes.

you sound like a manlet

I'm 5'11 and was fat as shit, why would I slow my weightloss by eating more? kek.

train for hypertrophy with high reps if all you care about is being a normie and pulling chicks at the beach

nothing else matters unless you're a professional athlete

it would take a decade of strength training and steroids to attain a similar aesthetic

>Alright what's the verdict on SS? Half of fit says it's a great routine for beginners and
It is, if they're training for strength.
>if you want to bodybuild you NEED to build strength first so you should start SS anyway.
No, that's bullshit
>But all the factual proof of what SS does (progress pics) just show someone being fatter with bigger legs.
Rippletits literally says in his book that you'll get strong but you'll get fat. He literally says it.
The problem is that none of you fucking retards read the book, and then complain about stupid shit that was laid out in front of your eyes.

which beginner program would you rather follow

>ex competitive powerlifter
>has been coaching people for thirty years
>has collaborated with professionals exercise scientists or whatever you call those
>is 60 and lifts heavy
>looks fat but strong

or

>lost at arm wrestling to roach dyels
>has a fancy app
>looks like shit

SS and GOMAD are dumb and Ripptoe is a fat slob rerard

If that guy lost bodyfat he'd look good
He has good core and lats, probably decent arms and chest

SS is the best beginner program. if you are already fat eat at a deficit and not a surplus. obviously your progress will be slower but you'll still get much stronger. it's that simple

you've done really well dude, fuck these autists

lifting doesn't makes you fat. eating too much food makes you fat.

even rippetoe said that people who get fat on his program (>20% bf) didn't read it. nobody should be bulking if you are close to that bf% yet some retards still do GOMAD and blame it on program.

you can get fat doing gymnastics if you eat too much

Those don't look like highschool football players.
They look like the fat fucks who sit on the bench while the actual players get on the field.

>if you want to bodybuild you NEED to build strength first
this is hilariously wrong, you'll gain strength doing any routine as long as you have enough food + rest
do what suits you, if you can do PPL then try it, if you don't like it do something else

>bulking when you aren't even underweight

Why? The training matters more than the food does for a natty so long as you aren't undereating.

Definitely the one whose program doesn't get called a meme by dyels on a Mexican housecleaning forum.

>clean shit
>lists foods directly linked to cancer

>newfags don't know about SS is a meme meme

first pic would get laid all the time. second pic looks like dumbo gorilla who jacks off to facebook girls

Can you SS while on a caloric deficit? The GOMAD shit sounds fucking stupid and unhealthy.

SS is just a meme for fucking losers. Do a fucking bodybuilder brosplit (do the basic 3x10s) and involve the ((((powerlifter)))) compounds. ex, do deadlifts on leg AND back day. all benches on chest day, squats on leg day, OHP on shoulder day. Your split should be: chest, legs, back, arms, shoulders, chest and repeat. Test boosters also help alot.

If you're underweight. He also tells you that 20% is the absolute maximum you should ever let yourself get to.

If you're fat, do a beginner lifting program and cut. SS is a beginner lifter program. No, you won't make the same strength gains as if you were bulking.

no he is just a manlet

>which beginner program would you rather follow

>ex competitive powerlifter
>used steroids
>is fat
>looks shit

or

>lost at arm wrestling to roach dyels
>has a fancy free app
>has a 6 pack
>lifts more than (YOU)
>looks way better than the has been powerlifter
youtube.com/watch?v=jA93p29-oU4
190 kg @ 75 kg

Pathetic

some of you people say the darnedest things

Because it's a noob routine and noobs invariably do stupid shit. I.e.
>being on it for a fucking year or more
>eating trash non stop
>no cardio
>expecting an ideal physique from base strength training
>not doing the lifts right
>They already looked horrible from the beginning and expectations are too high.

You use ss to learn the lifts and make noob gains for a couple months consistently every workout. Once you cant, you switch to something else. Idk how people fuck this up and go for years at a time. Oh because they never read the program and just go off of what fit says.

Agreed with this. I've seen some people on Veeky Forums saying they've been on SS for 1.5 years and they look like garbage.

Nowhere in the book does Mark Rippetoe say SS is designed to make you look good.

SS is specifically not for fuccbois who lift to look pretty.

I've been on GS LP for like half a year, with some light accessories and I failed hard, I don't know how some people keep adding 2kg every exercise and get to few plates, I stalled every other time it feels like. I bulked, I even got chubby, lifted properly, had form checked and videoed and still didn't add a lot to my lifts. OHP went from like just the bar to 35kg( and that I failed often), squat from 50ish to 70 something, bench was at 1 plate, deadlift near 90kg... Been a while since I lifted because it bummed me out and then few months later got injury skiing that will keep me from lifting for a while.
But I'll be getting back to it hopefully this year and still debating if I should start strength training again or say fuck it this time because I failed it every time I tried for 3-6+ months and just go ppl or something like that.

wouldn't be surprised if that kid hasn't been training for his entire life. good luck bro, gymnastics is hard

I'm on it right now and adding 2.5 lbs for OHP every time is impossible. Once in a while you are going to stay at the same weight even for some compound lifts.

I know, and then you deload but for me it felt like I made progress for a month and then just stalled. I keep reading about these people doubling, trippleing their already high starting stats and feel like shit. I know I'm week but fuck man, I'd rather at least try to look descent then just bulk bulk while getting strength up and then lose big chunk of it when it's time to cut, which isn't that far because even when I was super skinny (6', 150lbs) I felt I had too much fat and I'd just get fucked after few months of bulking which is what happened, even with very carefully tracked lean bulking.
And then the injury happened and I ballooned because fuck depression and now trying to cut cut with diet only, can't run to due fucked up knee and bicycle is too expensive... Even if I lose bunch of weight I gained I'll look shit again.

Don't be hard on yourself. A lot of people have trouble gaining weight, or at least have slower progress than others. Genetics and all that, but your not inferior in any way. Us naturally thin guys need to put in a bit of extra work but it's worth the pay off.

I know how you feel about the too much fat feeling. Sometimes being a lanket feels good since we're naturally cut, but the small time of extra weight is worth the end reward.

Maybe you would respond better to calisthentics? Or a mix of Greyskull and calisthentics? People always meme about heavy weights being the only way to get muscle and look good, but bodyweight training gets some good results quickly while being easy on the vulnerable parts of the body.

How were your eating/resting patterns?

>50% brotein
enjoy your terrible shits, excessive gas, and slower gains

gymnasts don't just train with calisthenics, they lift weights too. You'll never look like that dude just from bodyweight training. He's also probably 5'4 or something

I started lifting using some retarded brosplit I made up and I've made huge gains and cut bodyfat. Ss is just an awful program

just do Stronglifts and cardio, it's not bad for aesthetics, it's just basic as fuck. Get a trainer.

What's the best aesthetic beginner programme then? If SS is mainly for strength?

Nevermind