How do I make financial gains? I literally feel like all I need in life is money and lifting...

How do I make financial gains? I literally feel like all I need in life is money and lifting. Although working cuck office job for shit money, how do I improve?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XlNCvv_sSDs
youtube.com/watch?v=vu0zax6EyeY
youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bumping this thread. I realized way to late I picked the wrong degree.

what do you need money for
also

You get into a low-cost diversified index fund. You pour money into it every pay check, and if you want to be more hands on, you can manage your own portfolio, where you keep your winners, sell your losers, and perform some fundamental analysis to try and guess which company will have grown substantially in the next 5, 10, 20 years. Doing this, you can average a return of about 15-20% per year. However, in a shitty year you may lose up to 20 percent, but years afterwards rebound a lot to make up for this.

Also, invest in cryptocoins. Using the following advice above.

And don't forget to save, save, save!

most of the guys at Veeky Forums are cryptocurrency shills.
If you're a newbie, its hard to know whats right and whats wrong.

Save for rental properties

Reinvest money into more rental properties

Repeat

Give up on the dream of becoming a millionaire by 30.

Instead invest in yourself as a man, fitness, books, experiences etc.

Learn as much and accomplish as much as you possibly can every waking moment.

Invest portions of your income into an index fund as another user said.

Use dollar cost averaging as it's a proven method of higher returns.

Keep saving and living life. Become millionaire by mid 30's early 40's. Continue investing and enjoying life.

This. Its the only way I know unless you know how to work the stock market. Also buy gold. It was supposed to go down but still looking at an ounce for $1200

I disagree for the following reasons: you have to maintain it, pay taxes on it, deal with renters, buy insurance. It's a nightmare.

In the stock market. You BUY and HOLD.

>Use dollar cost averaging as it's a proven method of higher returns.
Solid advice. But OP, don't think its that easy. Any proven method usually is plagued by one of two evils: 1) soo many people come to know of it, it's no longer useful 2)there is parameter you need to guess for it to work, and if you can't estimate it well, you may be worse off than just buying and holding

Like I said, I have no clue how to deal with the stock market. So far, where I live, renters have not been bad. Of course they will leave the home like a pigsty but if they do, you keep their deposit.

Someone else makes the payment, pays the taxes, and when you're ready to sell (like now) you get a nice return.

Of course you have to pay and maintain it man it's an investment.
Sure you can buy and hold all the stock you want but you won't get paid monthly from it and buying stocks will never make you rich.

>cryptocoins

ethereum or ripple?

>pay and maintain it man it's an investment.
True, but with a stock, you just buy and hold. And you don't pay taxes until you sell it.
>will never make you rich
It will make you rich, but slowly. My advice is long term. I doubt OP is gonna be able to make short-term work. 99% of day traders are raped by HFT trading algorithms. It's almost financial suicide.
I just buy a diverse bunch of coins, and hold them. I sell the losers, and keep the winners.

nvm. ripple is about the only one that i can actually buy a few hundred off.

Fucking hell lads.

I dont have brains or money to do that investing bullshit gimmick.

What i meant was how do i land a decent paying job that wouldn't drain too much of my energy and would make me feel useful in a way

Open a brokerage account (TD Ameritrade, Scottrade, etc.) and put all your savings into VRX right now.

Don't be a retard, the only way to make money off of rental properties is if you have a shit ton of capital to begin with. The people who post that shit are goons who read too much Robert Kiyosaki and don't understand the current market or the risks involved.

T. 5 members of my family are registered land owners. Each is in the red.

Just get a good paying job, either software development or professional services. Save your money and live within your means. It's that simple user.

>Just get a good paying job
>software development

I have a CS degree and I work at McDonalds, I got laid off after being forced to train Indians to do my job for much less.

just open a cd and put your money there

'don't put all your eggs in one basket'

garbage

No way you average 15-20% in a year, or you would be working at some huge financial firm.

Making 7% is considered a good year

I may have misspoken

>get into a low-cost diversified index fund

make a simple budget to estimate what you need to spend.

direct deposit this amount into a bank.

stay within this budget for a few months and adjust later.

everything above this amount goes into the 500 Index Fund at Vanguard.

get a credit card with good rewards, use it for everything, and pay the bill in full every and on time month.

buy a house as soon as you possibly can and stop renting.

do not play with stocks or cryptocoins or anything else you are not expert in and never with money you are not prepared to lose.

The S&P 500 averaged over 12% growth a year from 1926 to 2005 for large companies, and 17% for small companies. Smaller growth rates were seen more commonly at older times. From 1980 to 1990, the average for the S&P was over 14%. Today it's over 15%. So if you get a truly random sample of the S&P 500, and just hold it, you will see 15% growth on average a year.
Anyone making 7% is wasting their time, and charging you to invest your money, when you're better off just holding.
this won't make him rich. It may give him several grand at best.

Sales, niggers. If you learn to sell, you can make fucking dosh, no post-secondary certifications required. This will require doing some serious work on curing your autism, though. Keep working your aesthetics and style for that there Halo Effect bonus.

>this won't make him rich. It may give him several grand at best.

1500 shares at $9.4 would cost $14,100

When the stock hits $60 later this year, those shares will be worth $90,000 exactly.

What if you bought 5000 shares at $9.4? That would cost $47,000, and when the stock hits $60 it would be $300,000

It's a good gamble, I will admit that. But there's no way you KNOW it will reach $60. For all we know, it could float around 9 to 10 dollars for months or even a year. Even worse, it could fall even further.

It is actually relatively easy to make small financial gains that can add up over time. A lot of people think that they need more money, when in most cases it is really their expenses that are preventing them from financial happiness. The key is to pay yourself first. What I like to do is split up my paycheque, so that most of the work is done for me. You can meet with an advisor at your bank (or not if you trust yourself to be honest) and devote a certain portion of your paycheque into investments (post that said low-cost index fund was a good idea). Then a certain amount to retirement savings, or an emergency fund (or an account for your rent/mortgage/necessities). What is left over is what I think of as recreational money. Blow it on beer or hookers or whatever you'd like. After a while, it becomes natural and you'll see you don't need that much money to be happy. You just need to be allocating it efficiently.

>when in most cases it is really their expenses that are preventing them from financial happiness

thats retarded. Most people are poor and miserable because theres no career paths for them other than shitty mcjobs that only pay some pathetic amount. $10 an hour if your lucky while the cost of living increases to rise. They have to choose between food, water, electricity, gas ect each month because they cant even afford all of that while they go with the cheapest way for all of them.

>how do I get rich

>just get a job that pays you a lot

wow, thanks for the advice

>Most people are poor and miserable because theres no career paths for them other than shitty mcjobs that only pay some pathetic amount
Wrong, gommie. Most people are poor and miserable because they'd rather watch sportsball, drug themselves out with cheap liquor and DUDEWEEDLMAO and play vidya than improve themselves and build better lives.

We live in an age where you can access the sum total of human knowledge in a device that fits in your pocket, stop making excuses for scumbags.

between your extreme and the user you disagreed with, exists the truth.

I suppose that depends where you live. In the US that is certainly the case. But I don't think I was wrong for saying expenses are the key problem for most people. Many people live in houses they can't afford, or drive cars with payments far too high than justified by their job. They see others able to afford a better lifestyle and try to mimic it, slowly losing control of their finances. My personal pet peeve is when people have a child and are not financially ready for it. I think it was published last year in the US that the present value of raising a child 0-18 was $180K or something around there.

>Most people are poor and miserable because they'd rather watch sportsball, drug themselves out with cheap liquor and DUDEWEEDLMAO and play vidya than improve themselves and build better lives.

Im not a commie, but you are clearly some upper middle class clueless faggot whos been sucking off your dad while preaching some "pick yourself up by your bootstraps!" nonsense.

Im all for people pulling themselves out of holes, but theres nothing for them to pull themselves up with. Go to any poor area of America and theres only a few options. You go work at wal-mart, you go be a cashier at a gas station, or you do some god awful back breaking labor for maybe $5 more than what you would get at those other jobs.

>Get a job that pays well, that you enjoy.
>Leave well below your means, and invest the majority of what you make, and pay down your debts if you have any.
>Do this for a decade, and let compounding interest work its magic.
>

>I think it was published last year in the US that the present value of raising a child 0-18 was $180K or something around there.

not only that, more than half of all children born in america are from single mothers. And not just single mothers, but teenage single mothers. These are statistically speaking the worst cases for a child to grow up in and its not even a financial thing. A poor family will raise a better child than a rich single mother and you cant even acknowledge this reality because you will be socially crucified.

Maybe you should apply for a job at the gym or at a fitness related place? Even if you got paid less, the change of environment could motivate you to work harder in other areas of your life.

>Most people are poor and miserable because they'd rather watch sportsball, drug themselves out with cheap liquor and DUDEWEEDLMAO and play vidya than improve themselves and build better lives.

Wrong.

There's literally not enough jobs that pay more than $15 an hour for everyone.

What do you want, everyone to college or trade school and get a degree? Do you realize if you did that it would just further devalue skilled labor, and create a shortage of those careers. This already happened to a large extent.

For capitalism to work a very large portion of the population has to be poor and miserable.

The issue is that being "lower class" in 1950 was like being middle class today.

In 1950s a guy straight out of high school with no experience could easily get a job that paid above $15 an hour (accounting for inflation), and be able to afford a house/wife/family.

Society is FUCKED because cunts like you are stupid.

The only ways to get money
>Be born into it

I will say this, I know a few guys who started their own businesses or got really into stocks or buying and renting out land and they all failed miserably. So just as an outside observer whos not familiar with any of this, Im guessing most of this shit is pure fucking luck and that theres only a handful of people that end up coming out on top in that shit, and its only because they are genius level wizards at it. So if you do get really into that stuff, especially as a complete newfag whos done nothing but read a few wikipedia articles, you are going to end up crashing and burning.

triggered

>Get a job that pays well

This isn't possible without going $20,000+ in debt for a chance to MAYBE get a job that pays well.

what about joining the military?

Also, it really doesnt matter unless you have connections. The only way out is if you are literally the best of the best of the best in your field to the point where you change it forever with your brilliance, other wise your resume is going to get trashed in 2 seconds because the boss' sons frat bro applied. Even though he just cheated his entire way through college and still ended up with like a 2.5 GPA

I ain't joining the US military right now with the current political environment.

Sure I might just sit back in a hangar somewhere sucking up tax dollars, but I don't want to go to war against North Korea or the Middle East.

itt a lot of butthurts

yeah, life sucks. You were born into a shitty system you don't agree with. You hate society. You hate your deadend job.

For a lot of us, going to the gym and working out is a way we cope with this internalized anger.

Then, when you mellow out and start looking more attractive, eating better, feeling healthy, your worldview starts to change.

Are you retarded? The American military has always been in this state since the 50s playing world police. At least you realize this threat now though. So many dumbasses join the military for the benefits and then get other worldly butthurt when they actually have to go to war.

is this bait?

if not, you seem to have too much of a defeatist mindset to even begin making your life better.

Veeky Forums is nothing more than a Cryptocurrency containment board. Cryptocurrency is nothing more than a pyramid scheme.

1) pay off debt and all liabilities (things that cost you money)
2) invest I things that get you money (assets - ex. The stock market)

Don't fucking worry about step 2 until you're debt free.

If I was a young adult in the 1940s I might have gone to WW2 (falsely) thinking I'm doing the right thing.

But now? I feel ZERO obligation to protect this dying Sodom & Gomorrah full of feminists that ruined marriage/family/everything. I actually hate modern western society. Of course I don't want to die so young white men can pretend to be niggers, and young white women can race-mix with Tyrone and be a single mother to a brood of niglets.

you are talking out of your ass. keep pretending to understand how the world works

>I actually hate modern western society

I'm not trolling here, but why don't you save up, buy a ticket to somewhere else and leave western society behind?

I unironically plan to move to Pattaya Thailand once my mother dies and live off my inheritance/investments.

I'm from the rural south. Parents were both jobless drug addicts. I studied hard, got my undergrad completely paid for with scholarships and grants, and now will be graduating med school this May. Being born into poverty or a shitty home life isn't a death sentence. You still have a chance to get out and make it. People do it all the time. I did it, and others can as well.

>just saw that if I had bought 500€ worth of ethereum coins on january as I planned to I'd be 4500€ richer right now

how do I deal with this feeling familia I kind of want to throw myself out of the window

okay so with that in mind, maybe try having a better attitude towards those who don't have that plan/option. You have your way out, only variable is time.

>If I was a young adult in the 1940s I might have gone to WW2 (falsely) thinking I'm doing the right thing.

>unironically being a stormfag

>I hate the west, its full of degenerates! So Im going to move to some corrupt third world shithole and spend the rest of my days fucking traps in ladyboy capital of the world

lol

>working for someone else

modern day slavery, you will never be anything other than middle class

What are you talking about?

I want to save western civilization, but what can I do? I think the biggest problem by far is feminism, having no punishment for adultery, and marriage/divorce laws that reward women for divorce. Almost everything bad can be traced back to these.

Everything is ruined so bad, what do you suggest I do?

there you go, thread derailed again by the cancer

Are you ready to take the final red pill?

youtube.com/watch?v=XlNCvv_sSDs

youtube.com/watch?v=vu0zax6EyeY

>>I hate the west, its full of degenerates! So Im going to move to some corrupt third world shithole and spend the rest of my days fucking traps in ladyboy capital of the world

I understand the irony and hypocrisy here, but boy, I would rather deal with Pattaya degeneracy, which is just partying and prostitutes, than western society nightmare hell degeneracy.

Shit like this is largely representative of the nation's educational system, laws, culture, and media: youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8

>what do you suggest I do
log off of Veeky Forums forever

unironically
desu senpai I was itt trying to bounce ideas w/ OP but these fucking pol and stormfags are fucking it up

>Don't fucking worry about step 2 until you're debt free.

This is potentially bad advice. This advice only holds true if your debt is interest rate like credit card debt. For example if you have you have student loan debt or mortgage with a sub 5% interest rate you would be better off investing any extra cash instead of paying excess towards your debt have as you will most likely earn higher than 5% investing in the market, potentially much more.

>but years afterwards rebound a lot to make up for this.

lol

Yes it actually is. I went to college right after high School, dropped out before my first semester finished. Fucked around for years before landing a decent job in freight. Been working there for 5 years, been promoted a bunch, and now they are paying for me to go to school.

will working in sales help me overcome muh 'tism?

There are plenty of stateside jobs behind a desk

>I will say this, I know a few guys who started their own businesses or got really into stocks or buying and renting out land and they all failed miserably.
Almost nobody succeeds their first time
Almost everyone who's successful will tell you they had multiple crushing failures before they made it and persistence was the only way they survived

making more money is great, but spending less is where the real financial gains come from.

most people spend 100% or more of their income and live paycheck to paycheck until they die or become jobless and poor. no wealth accumulation = no gains.

spend 50% or less of your income and invest it and you can comfortably retire by 40 if you didn't fuck up by going into retarded amounts of debt for school or something.

gold is a dumb investment because of the imminent black swan of technology that can make gold for cheaper than it is worth

Fuck capitalism

yeah, but most people still just crash and burn forever. You are basically telling a story about how some poor kid moved to LA with nothing, busted tables, and then got their big break and are now a millionaire while ignoring the thousands of examples of other people doing the same thing but failing and still living in their car and working a mcjob at the age of 50.

>that one old guy in Bigger Stronger Faster whos living in his van and still thinks Arnold will walk into Golds Gym and give him a big action movie part any day now.

I think the biggest problem by far is feminism, having no punishment for adultery, and marriage/divorce laws that reward women for divorce. Almost everything bad can be traced back to these.

holy shit lol

>land owners

Service guarantees citizenship

>spend 50% or less of your income and invest it

and its just that easy baby

60% of my income goes to rent (I live in a relatively cheap one-room apartment)

The rest gets spent on other basic necessities.

40% of my income goes to rent, bills, food, etc.
(rent is cheap since I share it with friends/roommates)

The rest is put into a savings account that I pull from only when I gotta. (I limit myself to $200 a month, since my friends like to hang out a bunch)

I've only worked for two years at barely above minimum wage, but I have 8k saved up. Is that good?
And fuck investing. I don't know where to start and don't have much time to waste trying to learn how to.

Sign up for a brokerage account like TD Ameritrade, transfer money from your bank account, buy stocks.

Saving $4,000 a year and not investing it is useless.

8k is great, solid base to start from. I'm assuming you have a separate amount set aside around 1.5k 'rainy day fund' for if something goes wrong. You want to increase this fund to 5k over time so you can be prepared for anything. Your actual savings put towards a goal, I'd aim for a home. sounds like you live somewhere cheap, I bet 20k is a great down payment.

>3rd world shit hole
>22, no debt, CS grad, working for 2 years now.
>make roughly 368000 flipbux a year (that's 7300 usd, that is actually considered to be completely fine in this country) as a code monkey
>health care already covered
>dropping in 5% of my monthly income to my company's stock, can sell it annually for quick cash or keep it saved up
>already have a piece of land in a very good area 45 min away from the metro, 15 min away from my current workplace, thanks Mom
>currently "renting" a room in my mom's house, I'm paying for most of the bills

Outside of the monthly bills, here's what my priorities look like Veeky Forums:
>by February 2018 get myself a bike (I'm a filthy poser so I'm getting an R3 or a Ninja 300), I'm paying for it in cash.
Traffic is terribad, I'm planning to study again and the school is quite far and is right smack in the middle of the metro. This also serves as my getaway vehicle for camping and shit.

>once I have the bike, save up for a house or invest
Granted I won't have to save up to buy a piece of land, I'm wondering if I should save up to build a house or invest. Obviously investing will be better in the long run, but I also don't want to keep on living together with my mother.

>March 2018 enroll in MBA (cost will be covered entirely by my company, part of the benefits)
100% free. Books, tuition, etc.

Beyond that, I'm not entirely sure what to do. Sure I can keep on investing and retire by 50, hopefully by 40 I'm already done. I want to die by 70, can't imagine life without being able to lift things up and down.

How do I get IT job? How to motivate myself to learn coding after full time job and gym?