Acne

How to get rid of acne after shaving?
I get really bad acne after I shave, even with washing my face, using aftershave, and using alcohol to clean up.
It mostly happens under my chin

damn, I have the opposite problem, when growing a beard I get rushes, thank fuck I have a strong jaw

Cut down sugar, drink lots of water, and wash the shit out of your face. Do you use a facial cleanser other than alcohol (like a Neutrogena cleanser thing)? That could help. Otherwise you might just have shitty genes or something and get it worse.

don't you have some muscles to build or something

if you're keeping your razors in alcohol and its not working, you're fucked pal

Oh, and I've found cardio helps a lot with acne. Could be bias but it helped clear up my face

I actually drink just water, nothing else.
And I don't eat that much sugar at all.
I also do a lot of cardio.

I guess your bloodline is weak then. Better an hero before you pass on shit genes. Seriously though i'm not sure what else you can do really.

Get yourself shaving machine( or however its called in english). Had the same problem and it helped me. Just dont use razor :)

Is it acne or just red bumps? You might just be shaving a little too closely. Have you tried switching brand of razors? I especially think this if it's mostly under your chin, which is tricky to shave.

Some user suggested this awhile back so it's what I've been doing.

>use cold water only to shave
>don't shave against grain
>use facial exfoliater after shaving
>after exfoliating use a moisturizer

To add to that I use acne treatment brand exfoliator/moisturizer, which is really just stuff that has salicylic acid in it.

It's really just red bumps.

Then it's not acne, it's razor burn. Google it.

Didn't your daddy ever teach you to shave?

My parents divorced when I was 2, so no:^/

Just being unlucky. I get it all the time and you just have to get used to it.

Change razor more often (I find the gilette blades a bit more springy so its less rough on my face) also try changing shaving gels. Also non alcoholic aftershave balm helps me, i lose the redness after a few hours

Get a straight razor. Literally have no ingrown hairs from shaving with it, but more prone to tiny cuts here and there

>straight razor

It's the only way fampai. I have to shave every day and I used to be plagued by unsightly bumps like you. If you're willing to spend the money google art of shaving or Italian barber and order a preshave oil, shave soap, aftershave, safety razor w/ about 100 razors, and badger hair brush. This will rub you about 100$ but it will last you a year, which is about how much you'd spend if you shave every day any way.

The way I do it is I always shave after I shower so my skin is smooth and clean, then I start shaving. I usually don't go against the grain unless I have to, like if I need a particularly close shave for some reason. If I do go against the grain I make one pass with the grain first.

When I'm done I rinse with cold water then apply aftershave. And I never ever use a wash cloth. Just splash water on your face.

Your bumps will go away in a few days

Use AFTA after you shave, the original one works best

Don't shave against the grain either

single blade razors on amazon. Shit costs like 10 dollars for a hundred razors. Clean shave, no bumps

Used to have same problem, I have thick facial hair and sensitive skin. Finally found out it was a combo of razor/aggressive cleanser/bad moistuizer that was fucking me over

dont shave against the grain with a straight razor. its a ritual. take it slow and easy. it should be relaxing to do.

shit's kinda tricky though. If you're used to 4-5 blades razors at least.

I'm getting better and shaves are cleaner and faster, but still, chin area is harder

Thanks for all the replies familia
Gonna try some of them

Alcohol might dry out your skin even more

Femanon here so I might be of some help.

Before shaving: wash your face with warm/hot water to open your pores and allow the razor to do a better job. Try not to run the razor over any area twice and don't push down on the razor because that will nick the skin and cause irritation. Also, shave with the grain so the razor doesn't pull the hair as its moving along.
Possibly try a different shaving cream, the face is a very sensitive area so go for the gentlest option available. Some people will use hair conditioner if no shaving cream is available but it varies from person to person. If you're having trouble with the razor, possibly try a different brand/style or shave more often than you currently are. Shaving with shorter hair will have less pull/irritation than longer hair will.

After shaving: be sure all shaving cream is gone and gently dab with a towel to remove excess, do not rub as this could pull and irritate the hair and skin even further. Wash your face with cold water to close the pores and make your face feel smoother. This is also a good idea because it helps stop your pores from being vulnerable to dirt, etc. Give yourself some time to let your skin calm down before you do anything that would irritate it (eating, pulling a shirt over your head, etc.)

I'm not versed in the process of aftershave so another user may be able to help you with that.

Good luck OP

Don't shave, instead get Magic Powder. It's like nair but designed for black guys so it's formulated for breaking down coarse hair, like facial hair.And it doesn't burn like veet or nair.

I know this feel completely user.

Same exact boat. Water only drinker, shaving every damn day for work, hideous acne, hideous razor bumps.

Only thing different is that I don't use any alcohol based products. I doubt that's it.

How's your diet? Do you eat like shit? Do you constantly touch your face? Do you do the pillow towel trick? I've found that the towel thing does help a bit.

Don't shave against the grain, make sure your razer is clean, wash your face after with water and don't use any alcohol or aftershave on your skin.

is shaving across the grain acceptable? They say that you should pass over WTG, then once again, if there's still hair, across the grain.

stop using alcohol to clean it??? drying ur skin out dude.

Get a fresh razor and instead of rinsing in the basin, use running water.

Kojic Acid soap - start with like 10 seconds a day on your face and gradually work up.

Not only will it help your acne, as a sin lightener, it will also clear up the pigmentation left by your acne when it's gone.

Cleaning my razor with alcohol before shaving helped for me. Those things collect bacteria like crazy

Try not to use a razor blade but an electric razor. They work so much better.
I'm taking meds for my acne and it's almost completely done. Also drink loads of water. Wash your face in cold water morning and evening.

The best advice you'll ever recieve; Don't procreate. The world doesn't need pizza face beta genetics.