Why were Romans portrayed as bad guys in modern media?

Why were Romans portrayed as bad guys in modern media?

youtube.com/watch?v=wMmQaF7x_BE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j0N5hPOQ0_g
vox.com/world/2018/2/13/17008446/us-troops-syria-russia-mercenaries-killed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Literally Jews, not even kidding. Rome is the arch enemy of the Jews in their cinematic adaptations and media controls popular notions.

We need a movie about the Jews exterminating 400,000 civilians for the sole reason that the legions left the area for a little bit.

Because Jesusfaggotry that views Rome as an equivalent to Babylon which is basically the ultimate Satan of a nation in the Jewble.

This, Hadrian did nothing wrong.

This. If they hadn't switched to Christianity at the 11th hour they'd be on their asses too.

>using elite battle armor to handle civilians

Because they were white and dominated the world.
They don't want whites to get inspiration from them, and want to paint them as evil so all whites will try anything to be anything but them.

Romans were BLACK people though?

I'm aussie mate, can't troll me
Do not force me to unleash my shitposting on you

All Empires must always be portrayed as evil at all times.

There are also numerous instances where they are portrayed as good guys in front of the savage barbarian hordes and protectors of civillization. It is almost like any big empire gets big not only by being nice guys, who would have thought right?
There is no helping you tinfoil-hat niggers, see one movie, theoreticize about jewish conspiracies for weeks.

>90% of territory is acquired through conquest
>act surprised when patriotic/nationalist sentiments make the foreign invaders out to be the bad guys

I bet you’re a soft cunt

Easy enough. The Romans are supposed to represent the establishment, while anyone who rebels against them is portrayed as the good, rebel guy fighting against whatever injustice the movie portrays.
Ben Hur is obvious with the Jews as the rebels, movies about Spartacus are obvious too, Gladiator represents the fight against evil gladiator games and tyranny, while having the propaganda of the good, republican, American way.

found the libcuck

Because they exterminate/enslave every foreign country that stood against them (Karthago for instance)
Take this from somebody that loves ancient Rome's history

/thread

>stood against them
Didn't Carthage start shit and get hit?

>patriotic/nationalist sentiments make the foreign invaders out to be the bad guys
Yeah, I sure like these Gaulish film studios

Most ancient BTFO by the white gentile so jews have them constantly demonized.

That'd be Assyrians

Because in the Bible they were the bad guys.

Da Joo

egads! is there anything the dastardly Jewish cabal won't do?!

>kill Jesus
>viciously persecute the first Christians including killing like the first 20 popes
>/pol/ blames da j00z for making "based rome" look bad

G*rman propaganda.

youtube.com/watch?v=j0N5hPOQ0_g

>the Romans didn do nuffin dey wuz gud bois

Because they were genocidal maniacs.

man /pol/ btfo by based Veeky Forums

those fucking barbarians!

the sheer amount of make up on that woman makes me happy to see them lose

Eternally butthurt

you can say the same thing about Gauls too

Not even just foreigners, the latin league, samnites, all of magna Grecia and Etruscan and veii civilisation was crushed underfoot- they were all established peoples on the italian peninsula!

Bearing in mind the book of revelations was basically written in response to the repression to the rule of Emperor Nero- to create an enemy for christendom to hate almost, I get the point

>What is sarcasm
Found the autist

>Render unto Caesar

they aren't always the bad guys but Rome was a massive imperialistic extractive state which post ww2 is a big no no

Literally Christians

ftfy

Every polity was extractive and would be imperialist as well if they had the power to be.

Why single out the Romans?

1. They killed Jesus, and regularly executed Christians for entertainment before Constantine.

2. They were an empire, which after the American Revolution, Napoleon, Nazis and Star Wars, are knee-jerk regarded as evil by most people, especially Westerners.

>they killed Jesus
Pretty much at gunpoint

C'mon. They were ridiculously expansionist and warlike. Modern liberalism hates that sort of thing.

>Why single out the Romans?
Because they were successful.

Because Romans are the epitome of Europeans to non-Europeans. And they also represent the peak of "Western" dominance and influence to the rest of the world, on top of being symbolic as an emblem of Western ideals and beliefs. That's why in the last decade or so they've been especially vilified as 'cruel', 'tyrannical', and what not. Not even kidding or trying to be ironic here current social 'awareness' and trends treat them as kind of similarly how most media in films and shows treat Germans of World War 2.

>peak of 'western' dominance
Early 20th century is probably higher. With Rome you still had Eastern empires as well as China and India.

It really is the Jews. For more than 1000 years, Europeans loved Rome so much that every European kingdom tried to LARP as Rome, being "Roman" instantly gave you more regality and legitimacy. Then fast forward to 20th century and suddenly all of literature and cinema presents Rome as pure evil.
Hollywood is the obvious example, but you can see this even in Europe, like with the Asterix comic books written by (((Goscinny))).

They were murderous thieves and pirates that is why. Also they were Imperialists.

OP asked about the Romans though, not about the British.

I think you misunderstood my intentions here.

well, they were kinda shitty people.

It was ex roman soldiers that started shit.

nice

>1 roman = 10 jews
tfw US killed 200 enemy mercenaries for 1 injured soldier

vox.com/world/2018/2/13/17008446/us-troops-syria-russia-mercenaries-killed

My guess is that they remind them of Nazis because Nazis borrowed a lot off their aesthetic. And to the general public's knowledge, they didn't contribute as much to science or philosophy as much as say the Ancient Greeks did, focusing instead on militarism and imperialism.

>Nazis borrowed a lot off their aesthetic
They have good taste

They both had 10/10 aesthetic. Too bad one were evil fucks.

Because Germans, Nords and Jewish fever.

comparatively, they were about the same evil as far as hating Jews went, except Romans killed Christians too

Would you trust Ceasar's word on that?

Based