I just realised today that if you are morbidly obese...

I just realised today that if you are morbidly obese, you have to continuously eat larger amounts of food over time because as your body weight increases, so does your BMR, therefore you need more food to gain more weight and you expend more energy doing basic things. So eventually you'd reach an equilibrium unless you continued to increase your food intake.

I mean, how else would someone get as fat as a cow?

>the more you eat the more weight you gain

Astounding!

No, I'm just saying that I can't understand why some people are so fat. Even if you went out to eat 2000 calories every Friday, your BMR would eventually exceed the 2000 calories and you'd begin to lose weight until you're at an equilibrium between what you're eating and what you're expending. So in order to get fat you'd have to be willing to consume anything and everything in order to vary your intake. I'm not Americans do I haven't been around many morbidly obese people so idk how they can do this.

Also as people gain weight their physical activity reduces, meaning their caloric maintenance level decreases as they do less and less.

What happens is they starting eating double their BMR and their weight goes up accordingly, it doesn't happen in small increments.

I guess I'm just so familiar with buying the same foods over and over that I can't imagine going out of my way to shop for anything else unless I was on the road and had to stop into a fast food place.

It's pretty easy to drink 2k+ calories a day, before even touching any food.

>So eventually you'd reach an equilibrium
you got the BMR part right but failed to understand what it really means.

>weigh 100lb
>BMR 1400cal spent daily just existing breathing, regular daily activity
>add 50lb
>now the same daily activity takes more energy because you're moving more mass around, BMR 2100
>the critical assumption is that the level of daily activity stays exactly the same
>but for fatties, the EFFORT is held constant, meaning the activity goes down
>so even gaining weight your bmr does not necessarily go up, you just become more sedentary
>feedback loop continues until you're a scooter type pokemon

this is objectively not true. the majority of obese people gained the weight over years of slightly-above-maint eating. when fatties say "hurr i dont overeat" they're almost telling the truth. they just consistently eat slightly too much and move too little until it becomes the sort of nightmare shit you see on the streets of america

What a dirty looking Sloot. Would enjoy destroying it then telling her to fuck off.

I always find it funny when lardasses say they suffer from a broken metabolism and can't lose weight. Their added mass it means they need more energy and they have more room to cut calories and lose weight while still eating bigger portions, and if they workout just a little bit it makes this even easier.

yeah they act like god smote them from the heavens with a "broken metabolism" nigga you broke it and every day you are breaking it further

As someone whose diet is mostly liquid, it is pretty hard to drink 2000 calories unless it is cream or whole milk.

BMR, as you said is "just existing, breathing"

I always calculate my BMR based on sedentary levels so that I know how much I'm expending just to exist. What I'm saying is that as you gain weight your BMR increases and thus "just existing" becomes harder and your body reaches an equilibrium unless you consume more than your new BMR.

Still, you'd eventually reach a point where your intake and expenditure is the same. Sure you might eat above your BMR from time to time and put on a little weight, but if it's only an occasional thing like most people then the weight would come off as your intake dropped. In fact it's one of the main laws of thermodynamics. The energy in a closed system gets equally distributed, which is why a thermometer can tell you the temperature. The energy from the room moves into the thermometer until they reach an equilibrium and the mercury stops expanding. Just as you would stop gaining weight.

Yeah, when I stop giving a shit about diet and eat whatever I feel like whenever I want I tend to cap out naturally at about 88 to 90kg.

But I'm 5'7 manlet status, so that's still pretty fat for me, considering I need to be about 75kg max to have respectable abs.

What's funny for me is that my aunt has a BMR of like 3,000 calories and yet she still hasn't lost any weight. I have no idea what she's eating but I consume around 1500-2000 per day so she should be losing weight rather rapidly but yet she's still fat as fuck. I'm assuming she eats like a pig when no one is around.

Sugar

Protein

Give me some sources. We're both being anecdotal so far, but the most common stories (freshman 15, gaining lots of weight after college) are because someone's diet got shaken up by introducing an abundance of something (booze in college, eating out with colleagues, delivery at work etc). Mix in a few years of this and you have someone who entered college fit and leaves fat, or they started their career and they haven't learned to manage their time and eat right.

I understand what you're saying, I am 6'1 and the most I have ever gained was 270 pounds in a period of my life that I was literally parasitic, doing nothing but eat shit and sleep.

My body weight has always fluctuate between 215 to 250 when active and inactive.

You're kind of right and made me finally realized why I didn't balloon like most people that go parasitic, despite all of my problems being a food addict has never been one there for I don't eat more then my portions.

At that period I was eating every imaginable trash food, from pizza to burgers and a shake to chips and ice-cream. My mom always warmed me that I was going to balloon like a pig and I was kind of amazed I actually didn't, this explains allot, despite eating crap every day I wasn't eating all day and at some point my weight balanced my intake so I floated around the 270-260 for a minute

Body fat doesnt make your BMR go up

That does happen you mongoloid. Otherwise everyone would be boil leg James. Only you'd have to gain a shitload of weight for your bmr to reach 3000 but it's very easy to eat 3000 calories and barely increase your TDEE if your a neet sitting at home all day.