Read sticky

>Read sticky
>Decide SL/5x5 is a good beginner routine
>Read over and over again on Veeky Forums its a meme
>Told to do GOMAD
>Told by others that GOMAD is a meme
What beginner routine isn't a fucking meme, I don't want to start working out just to find out 4 months were wasted.

They are good just fucking do them you idiot and then move onto something else when you actually get strong you computer lifter

SL, don't eat like a pig, add some arm assistance exercise.

Just do SL or SS. Don't do GOMAD unless you weigh like 115, and even then there are better ways to bulk.

Any time you spend lifting heavy ass weight won't be wasted, no matter what program you do.

SL is fine for a while but you'll have to cut the volume to 3x5 at some point like the program recommends. Don't do GOMAD unless you don't give a shit about your health

Thank you, user

Thank you for the advice.

No prob bro. Just work hard and don't overcomplicate it

I thought it was pretty simple, but I read so much conflicting advice on this board. Confused my self I guess.

dont be an idiot.

do a bro split

the fuck do you need to squat 3 times a week for? Squatting once a week with a bunch of accessory leg lifts is way better and youll get better gains.

ICF
Do ICF and learn how to lift from videos. You will look good and have a base.

Stronlifts is decent but fierce 5 is better for it's more balanced as a bodybuilder/strength program which is what most beginners are looking for.

Better to start a routine and find out 4 months later that it's not optimal than to spend 4 months sitting on a Uzbeki leotard sewing board trying to figure shit out through other people's unreliable experiences.

Bro, just get into the gym and fucking lift. Figure out what works for you through trial and error.

Dont fucking drink a gallon of milk per day, that's retarded.

if you're a spooky skeleton do SS+GOMAD
if you're not a spooky skeleton, do SS
also read the fucking book

would personally recommend a brosplit
I fell for the "lifting for strength" meme for a year, then I got twice as big on doing ppl

I was trying to decide between ICF and PPL, which of these work best?

SS is strength routine. If you are looking to just get big, follow a bodybuilding routine.

I suggest reading Practical Programming. It will teach you how to make a routine based on your fitness goals

It depends. PPL is highly customizable, but in general, I think a good beginner PPL routine is better than ICF.

Fuck off, Jason. You look like shit

PPL isn't a set routine like SL or SS, it just refers to pushing movements, pulling and legs
usually it's done 6 times a week which can be overwhelming for a beginner, but you can also have minimal exercises and then add more when you're ready or start on 3 days a week and then add more days

So as long as I can get to the gym 6 times a week, PPL is good for beginners?

it's not really a definite answer.. PPL can be many things, it can be a strength routine if you wanted it
what are your goals?

My goals aren't to be "super strong" or anything. I'm more after aesthetics, as well as leading a healthier life in general. But I definitely don't want to be a hulking mass of muscle.

Reddit has a beginner PPL routine that's actually really good. Way better than ICF IMO.

Thanks, I'll definitely look into that.

make sure you do a variety of exercises for each muscle group (at least 2 per group) and focus on the negative portion of the lift, aiming for 8-12 reps
scott herman does things called cheat + recover reps, look into those and don't do anything dangerous, from those I've made my own program where I superset my exercises with lighter weight

example
dumbbell bench press (better ROM than barbell) aiming at a weight where I'll get ~ 8 reps then straight after picking up lighter weights and using a tempo of 2-0-1-0 which will burn like crazy, aiming at to failure but if I go over 12 reps then that means I need to up the weight