Does weed make you guys lazy?

I've smoked at least once a day for the past 3 years, and I hardly remember what it feels like to be completely sober.

I've had short stints of lifting in this time period, but they were always driven by some motivating pain. I could never bring myself to get up and jog or get up and go to the gym off of discipline alone.
I feel as if I can attribute that laziness to being high all the time.

That sudden feeling of heaviness I get when I'm telling myself to get off my ass.. Do I need to stop smoking to fight it?

Please, share your weed + gym + motivation / discipline experiences.

Personally, I'm trying to decide if I need to quit smoking, or slow down with my smoking before committing 100% to the gym. Or maybe I should commit to a structured diet and constant cooking ( Which was way harder than going to the gym for me ) first since I can do that and smoke at the same time?

You must quit

Stop smoking for 3 months and you won't even miss it any more

Any reason why you say that?

And most of my friendships revolve around smoking with one another, so it'd be hard.

how was it for you when you did both ( Smoke and diet / gym )?

Weed falls into the same boat as video games and alcohol: they're really easy to fill your empty life with and offer short term pleasure. They become your comfort zone and become difficult to leave sometimes.

Add more structure to your life, set aside time to smoke and gorge yourself after lifting, and add other things to your life. Marijuana is probably amazing for bulking, and is probably amazing after a good workout.

Thanks man. Appreciate it

Holy fuck dude. Get a life man. I work(40 hours), pay for my rent, insurance, car, and go to school alongside striving to get 6-7 hours of sleep a night. I don't have time to do that bullshit or play video games. This is what life is. Get one m8.

I also work 40 hours a week, salaried. I just come home and smoke and play videos games until I fall asleep. It's been working for the past 2 years, but I can feel myself slipping without a goal. I'm trying to get out my comfort zone by improving myself, but I gotta say bro, working and paying for things isn't what life should be about. but it's 2am here, I'm KO

So I used to vaporize everyday (to spare my lungs from actually smoking), sometimes more than just one session, but recently I've noticed I've become very lax about a lot. I started procrastinating, eating worse, and feeling lazy and tired all the time. I cut cold turkey about four or five days ago, and at first I was always thinking about just taking one toke, thinking "oh no biggie", but I persevered and now I will only smoke on social occasions, which happen very rarely.

Weed is great for unwinding at the end of the day and make video games a whole bunch more fun, or for bulking if you find it hard to eat enough, but if you start getting overwhelmed by it, you need to take a break. This isn't my first break and I will definitely be more strict about when and where I can use it.

Marijuana before cardio days ducked because running felt dreadfully long and very difficult, and before lifting made my heart feel like it would explode. However if you want to do light weight high reps, it's awesome because you feel all your muscles really well without feeling like busting.

Quit smoking it and start growing it. Its more pleasing growing it when you dont smoke. Plus youll feel sober and more happy ^_^.

sorry to ruin your scapegoat but i have also been smoking at least once a day for maybe four or five years and have been training regularly for even longer. Your situation is simply due to the fact that you have gotten into the habit of smoking but not in the habit of lifting. They are not mutually exclusive at all.

>And most of my friendships revolve around smoking with one another, so it'd be hard.
>Caring about friends.

i work, study and lift... all of them i do high.

i would leave it in future cuz is starting to be an unnecessary passive in my life. However i do think weed can match perfect with fit life. an like other user said weed had really help me to eat more .

t. ex skellyfaggot

Not all strains give you the same effect. Indicas tend to make you lazier and couch locked, sativas make you think everytging is omg wow, and might induce some slight paranoia. Don't you love people who freak out on pot as if they haven't just inhaled something that can make them paranoid? Ride the waves, the highs and lows.

Weed isn't for you, you have a weak personality. I can guarantee you that you would be the same loser without it.

Do all adult/responsible stuff first, then kick back and smoke so you have a guilt-free high and you still make mad adult gains.

it affects everyone differently, if you deep down think its a problem, it is, and you should stop. i do hear about people functioning fine while smoking a lot, but desu those people dont have huge aspirations. personally i cut weed out completely because the afterglow would leave me feeling lazy and paranoid for days. it wasnt life changing cutting it out but i know if i go back ill be worse off

>this is what life is
Loling at your life

Just makes you way over-emotional if you're sensetive to that shit

I've been a daily smoker for probably 6 years now. It's good to take a month or two every year to stop and get some perspective. Take a break until you can pass a drug test, just to get some time off it.

My dad was and still is the exact person you just described and he's a stressed out and tired man constantly.

What I hate most about people who live the most basic and plain life in the world is that they cannot ever fucking shut up about that fact and how much of a man they are. Almost everyone has a fucking job and pays bills. You just like to stroke yourself to the thought that you gave up your hobbies and became a funless loser of a "man"

>afterglow
what you described is a hangover. afterglows are mdma exclusive practically (can't speak for lsd, never tried it and never will, at least not in the next 30 years)

your life sucks and is boring though.

Seconded. If you don't smoke pure get a decent herb or concentrate vape and lower your usage. Tabaco is more harmfull to your lifting than you think. Your lungs will thank you and it will make quiting easier when you decide to do so.

>stopped smoking alone less then a week ago
>still smokes/vapes on social occasions
>i persevered

Sure thing buddy

Best of luck tho. It is jndeed great to unwind at the end of the day when all your responsibilities are taken care of.

t. Daily smoker/vaper for almost a decade

I dont work out unless I have weed. I dont have the focus or concentration I've tried many times. When I'm sober I will have the worst workouts ever. When I smoke like 2-3 hours before a workout I focus and improve every time.

Doesnt effect everyone the same. I know other people like me and I know people who just sit around all day doing nothing.

I'm smoking and lifting for years now (26 y/o atm), though during training im always sober and I toke up almost every night. If i'd do it at the same time I would be completely useless at the gym. But training after smoking the night before always feels great. It feels as if my runners high is arriving way faster and more intense because of whatever thc/cbd leftovers are still in my body. If anything, I would even go as far as saying it is almost as important to my training as eating and sleeping is. But it works for everyone differently. Just don't do it if you feel like it holds you back in any way.

I've been daily smoking for about 12 years now it's always available mainly bc I'm a weed farmer for a living. weed doesn't make a person lazy, weed is just an excuse for lazy people to remain on the couch. That being said some people just can't handle it, if your mind is not strong enough to do your daily obligations bc ur getting high then stop getting high. I think the biggest problem people encounter is that instead of adding weed to whatever activity you're supposed to be doing you're smoking weed as the activity.

Yeah, it usually does. If I'm just at home and smoke by myself (which is usually what I do) I'll end up just wasting time fucking around.

That's why I now save weed for the very end of the night after I've gone to work, the gym, and done everything that needs to be done. Then I don't feel guilty about just getting stoned and watching cartoons or whatever.

I've been smoking almost daily for about 6 years so I understand my relationship with weed and how I handle. I know when I shouldn't smoke, and I'll kind of naturally come to a point where I feel like I need to take a break and it's not an issue to go a few days, or even weeks, without smoking.

Man, discipline is a muscle. Any vice you add is like another plate of weight on it.
In my case, I only smoke weed maybe once a week at most and it helps a lot with taking the tension out after a week of lifting, work, caffeine and pressure.
Build your discipline. One thing that can help is having a physical override - I have a necklace that I'll touch whenever my mind starts coming up with excuses to not doing something that might be out of my comfort zone. So any time I start thinking "Should I really go work out today?" or "Should I really go talk to that chick?", I touch it and it overrides all the mental bullshit, going straight into 'DO' mode.
(for reference, compare to Christianity + wearing a cross; a devout christian will wear the cross not just to identify himself as a christian, but also to remind himself to stay disciplined in the eye of god)

I went to sleep but glad this thread got replies.

I'm making the decision to stop smoking for a month so I can focus on my goals better. Dieting and waking up for the gym isn't feasible when I have weed. I just wake-up, roll up, and go back to sleep for an hour before work.

I think that people use weed as an excuse to be lazy

I personally go to the gym 5 days and have a 4.0GPA. But I still smoke everyday after lifting.

This is just my experience so take it with a grain of salt.

Smoking in the morning kills your motivation for the rest of the day. Have you tried only smoking after all the shit you want to do is done?

>THIS IS WHAT LIFE IS IF YOU'RE NOT LIKE ME YOU'RE PATHETIC

OP I've smoked daily for years too, and I'm usually high at the gym as well. It can make you feel lazy but can't make you BE lazy. Adding some coffee or adderall is helpful as well. pic is me

what's your point you tiny goblin? he didn't ask you if you're a junky fuck, he asked if weed makes you lazy

You are 5'4

OP do you just smoke straight weed, or combine it with tobacco? it's important

lmao that sucks keep telling yourself that

Cutting now and lifting while smoking weed too. How do you deal with munchies?

uhh my point is that weed doesn't make you lazy, i just said that you autistic fuck
:)

>underdeveloped little gremlin that needs adderall to do his economy public college homework
>WEED DUZNT MAKE U LAZY BRUHH

:)

stoners are such fucking losers.

weed makes me lazy and i haven't smoked it in years. i don't understand how someone can have such little reponsibility in life to facilitate daily weed smoking

i don't really think the munchies are a result of being insatiably hungry, so much as being bored and really enjoying the taste of things. I would look into intermittent fasting. It's much easier to avoid food altogether until the evening than it is to try and walk the line
oh wow your aspergers is really bad user, i'd take a closer look at some of the things in your childhood that made you this unpleasant
kek

Amazing argument, keep popping those pills little guy ;)

i'm not making an argument because you didn't either, i'm insulting your social skills. I do have a prescription, though. What do you look like? :)

I quit last year to pass an upcoming hair test and m8 not a day goes by that I don't think "I can't wait till weed is legal and decriminalized"

I only go to the gym high
Me and the wife go through an ounce/ounce and a half a week
Doesn't really impede my life at all
It's how you react to it mostly
You know yourself better than any of us do so do what's best and stop asking redundant questions

Mirin' obliques

thanks bro they come from heavy ass squats, i never hit abs

>this textbook envy
kekeroos

>a little pill-popping boy insulted me

oh my!

my condolences

I workout high all the time, if I know I'm going out to lift I make sure I've cooked a bowl or two before I head out. The mind muscle connection is real.

For me it definitely makes me want to eat like shit an sit on the couch playing video games. So I just stay away from it for the most part.
Definitely know some productive stoners though, I think it really depends on the person.