What's a good way to build your lats? I want to switch up my routine for the summer

What's a good way to build your lats? I want to switch up my routine for the summer

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/WeightExercises/LatissimusDorsi/BWUnderhandChinup.html
exrx.net/WeightExercises/LatissimusDorsi/BWPullup.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pull ups. scooby has a few good vids on this

Slow controlled reps, doesn't matter how much you can row if you're just flailing the weight around

This.

wide variety of pulling exercises:
dumb bell rows
t bar rows
sitting cable rows (both wide and narrow grip)
weighted pull ups
incline pulls
lat pull downs
barbell rows
meadow rows

get a wide variety of rows, and LOTS of reps, and your lats will grow.

Dyel. Rowing 135 like a dumb body builder won't get you anywhere. Op get your row to 2pl8t for 12 reps I am sure you will see great gains, and get your pullups to 1.5 pl8t for reps aswell , focus on those two movements and the weight moved you will get results

Literally dyel

Pull ups
Pull downs
Rows

Particularly dumbbell & croc rows

I'd agree with you, except I'd stick to lower reps and more sets. It's too easy to cheat on the last few rows and involve other muscles. Just go heavy, barbell row should be about equal to barbell bench.

fuck off you nigger trolls. this is why Veeky Forums is the shittiest place for lifting advice on the internet.

this
kroc rows are goat

fututi dumnezeii matii

kys dyel

yates rows

Muh mind muscle connection, kys autistic beta skelly cuck, when you start looking half decent and got decent weight on the bar start talking

I've found chin ups to be by far the best lat builder personally
You can do pull ups if you want, its just about preference
also dont listen to the meme that chin ups only work your biceps and pull ups only work your back. the only difference is that pull ups work the muscles around/in between your shoulder blades better, while chin ups work different parts of your bicep more
check the exrx pages for both if you dont belive me:
exrx.net/WeightExercises/LatissimusDorsi/BWUnderhandChinup.html
exrx.net/WeightExercises/LatissimusDorsi/BWPullup.html
both listed as primarily lat exercises

aprob

thanks very helpful!

Chin ups are way better u uneducated fool I read that in my biology book

are pull ups or pull downs better for lat development?

neutral grip chinup master race

Protip: if they obviously spend more time on /pol/ than Veeky Forums, their opinions are worthless.

5x5 rows every other day, also continue to do pull ups and the like
You should be able to row the same weight you bench or more

I'm bigger than 99% of Veeky Forums and gotta say that you're wrong, time under tension indeed matters. Strength =/= size is what everyone that has been lifting for more than 5 years would know, it's a meme that only goes around Veeky Forums despite there being people on here that lift >advanced weights while being dyel as shit

Post pic bro, how can one be big if he rows shit weights? Prove to me how is it possible that somebody has a big back by rowing sub 2+plates unless he is pinning

deadlifts and rows, my dude

Just do pull-ups every day.
I have pretty big lats and I don't really do anything special, just pull-ups every workout and muscle ups most workouts.

For your biceps, but pull ups are easily the superior back exercise

Post bodies or forever fuck off

You probably want to work your whole pulling-motion in one day and throw in some arm curls with it for whatever routine you are doing. heres something similar to what I do on that day: high pull + shrugs + one arm bent row + chin ups + lat pull down machine + arm curls + barbell curls + preacher curls + hammer curls + forearm work at the end. But if you want to really stress the one arm bent rows so you may want to do three sets heavy (failure at about 10 reps) three sets lighter (failure at 15 - 20 reps). Also lat pulldowns and chinups. Do as many chin ups as you can, even if it's just 1. If you can only do 1, do it over and over again until you get to 15 - 20. If you can do 10 - 15 without stopping, do a total of about 50 regardless of sets and reps. So, for chin ups, pick a number that's outrageous to you, triple whatever it is you think you can do and force yourself to get to it and don't be a bitch, just keep getting back up there and doing it. Do whatever you want though, this is just a suggestion.

explain

also, to answer OPs question, chin ups

Pull-ups and chin-ups work great. I added them to my workouts a couple of years ago. I've had good gains and noticeable improvement in my smaller weaker left lat.

>I'm bigger than 99% of Veeky Forums

timestamp or gtfo you fucking dyel auswitch

>le slow full ROM meme
I have never seen a single big lifter that does this. They all cheat and it works.

Weighted Chin ups