Is there any point in going back to my BJJ gym?

Is there any point in going back to my BJJ gym?

>me: 32 year old man, 6'1, 130lbs, 3 months training.
>told to spar against 11 year old kid, under 5 foot, tells me he's 60lbs on his first week of training.

And he kicked my ass. I tapped out 3 times to him but the last 2 minutes were the worst. He had me in a high mount, sitting on my neck. He starts covering my mouth and nose with my hands, every time I remove his hands he just brings it back.

I'm struggling to breathe and eventually am unable to remove his arms. I panic, tap out and cry on the mats. I know the crying was involuntary but I still felt stupid. It was also really unheigenic just having his sweaty hands covering my face like that. Was gross.

1) How was this kid able to outstrength me? That's him in the pic, he doesn't look strong at all.
2) Should mouth cupping be allowed?
3) Should I go back to the gym? Everyone saw me crying against a fucking kid.

>Is there any point in going back to my BJJ gym?
no. in fact, just end your life

Oh my god you poor thing

1) Because you're weak.
2) Yes.
3) No, I wouldn't go back. How are you going to start crying at a kid kicking your ass?

I think I cried because he was in control of my breathing and that was scary for me. Also, probably because it was destroying my ego being dominated by a 60lbs child.

Why do you keep posting your story and why did you forget to add the fact that you shit your pants in front of everyone faggot?

manlets have better leverages for grappling there's nothing to be ashamed of.

i don't care what martial art it is and how skilled the kid is - an adult should be able to win against a kid.

Why do you post this every day.

What kind of autism fuels this behavior?

>>told to spar against 11 year old kid, under 5 foot, tells me he's 60lbs on his first week of training.
oof, yeah man, that sounds like a pretty mom-tier class, probably won't get much out of it as a grown ass-

>And he kicked my ass.
wat

Yeah, I guess so. But this guy wasn't a manlet, he was a literal child.

I know, I had more experience than him as well. How is it even possible?

Its all about genetics op, chad genetics vs incel faggot genetics (you)

This was my thought process as well lol.

The pic is of the kid, it's obvious he doesn't have chad genetics. No offense to the kid.

you're 130lbs, you consider yourself an adult man? LOL
>gets beat up by an 11 year old child
fucking deformed little subhuman imp

>I got beat by someone I didn't expect to beat me, should I use this as a teaching moment and resolve to get better or should I quit?

Are you really fucking asking this?

It would be fine if he only just beat me but I was crying. People remember shit like that.

Bjj is all about using your opponents weight against them though. Skilled practitioners can easily win against larger foes.

Nice pasta

That Holocaust survivor in the pic physically dominated you and made you cry? God damn you're weak.

I guess, but mouth cupping doesn't involve leverage. That's just about strength. Plus, it was obvious that he was stronger throughout.

What is this from?

>High mount
>sitting on my neck
If he was actually sitting on your neck, your entire body would have been behind his hips and you could have easily slipped out. High mount is sitting more on the person's chest with the knees in the armpits, generally. It sounds like you just panicked.

Unless you're just fucking memeing, which sounds more and more like a possibility. If you're not memeing then go back and train.

Go back!!!!

>6'1, 130lbs

Was he bullying you? Just punch him in the dick like a grown man.

Yeah, I do tend to panic a lot. BJJ is hard.

Because real men punch kids in the dick.

>getting paired up against a 11 year old
>losing
This can't be real

just fuck his mother to re-establish dominance.

Haha I actually saw his mother, she's kind of busty, but her ass is huge so I'm not complaining.

Sorry to dissapoint Colin.

>she's kind of busty, but her ass is huge so I'm not complaining
Why would her being busty make you complain?

If I was you I'd start training everyday.

I'm 36, weigh 190 @ 17% BF. I got paired up with a 17 year old lanky kid that weighs probably in the range of 130-140 the other day. This isn't abnormal in BJJ. The owner is a black belt and is about my size. He dominates people who are much taller and heavier. BJJ is effective even with substantial height and weight differences if you're skilled enough (and it's one-on-one). Not practising against different size opponents would be silly.

wtf, were you dropped on your head when you were an infant?

I was a heavyweight wrestler in HS, so I always had to wrestle really fat kids. One time I tapped out because this absolute ham was suffocating me with his armpit. Completely covered my nose and mouth with his sticky fat, it felt like I was drowning. I tapped out before the ref could call the pin, which isn't really allowed in wrestling. I ended up losing and my coach screamed at me after the match for embarrassing him and I cried.

Welcome to self defense user. The first time i went to the krav maga gym i got my ass kicked really good. The difference is I kept going back and men respect men who do not run from their problems.

I went with that form of training because im not interested in playing in the street. I use that technique if I have to in a worse case scenario. Im not a nigger so i dont go starting fights and if theres one thing ive learned is in the proper scenario you meet force with equal force period. I refuse to sit here and name call because the whole board has turned to shit with it. Anyway I hope you keep training and don't let getting hit deter you from training

Real men don't cry

Could been worse, you coulda been choked out and shit yourself

Where did he say anything about crying user. A quote would be nice because ive read the thread and he said nothing of the sort...

Its true if the kid has money for training he will probably hit 130 by 16

>I panic, tap out and cry on the mats

Read the OP dingus.

I thought you could delete posts but guess you can't do that anymore. I sure did miss the part about crying though. Pain does usually result in a crying response if its intense enough so I understand but why would you just leave and not train anymore. It makes you look like a bitch more than anything.

I remember the first time the krav maga instructor punched me in the face...blood coming down my nose I raged at him and he took me down again and again and again. After class he took me aside and said listen. This is not FUCKING MARTIAL ARTS. Im teaching you this as a life and death defense. He said I turned off my intelligence in the fight and when that turned off my chances of winning went out the window to an opponent who was better skilled.

In the street or on a battlefield this is not the case. You lose often you die. My father was nice enough to tell me plenty of stories of men who held back when they shouldnt have or charged in like heroes from movies and did.

I think I will go back.

Are you allowed to punch students in Krav Maga? God damn that seems intense.

Maybe, maybe not. I weighed more than him when I was his age. 60lbs is extremely skinny.

When I started I was the big bodybuilder guy who thought a few street fights made me knowledgeable. I was new and thought I was hot shit so he said "do you think those muscles will do anything against what I know. fine. come at me with all you got and i wont hold back". I literally gave him a hug after that lesson I learned with a bloody nose and everything. Im guessing in a class setting you're not allowed to do that but it was an experience i shared hoping you wont quit training.

If I had to go to war with a man, I'd pray he'd be like my coach.

>tfw you win a match in a tournament with a wrist lock

I was on bottom for the majority of the match too. OP, just bee urself because BJJ is better than whatever else you were gonna use that time for.

>BJJ is better than whatever else you were gonna use that time for
Even better than barbell training?
I'm also afraid of injuries.

t.another user

Maybe not barbell training. You shouldn't be afraid of injuries unless you're too proud to tap.

11 years old are you fucking joking

Nope...

I wouldn't even say that's rare.

I've seen 12-13 year olds dominate adults. A friend of mine would use it as a to show rookies where they stand.

The crying though...goddamn man. All I can say is don't bitch out now. It'd be much worse to be known as the guy who let a little boy chase him out of the gym. Might as well go back and use it as motivation.

wouldnt mma fall under asp since its considered an alternative sport????

Its def. no surprise to place a newbie up against a younger opponent in the ring as a learning lesson though. At the same time I consider the fact that this is the board where they couldn't go a round and not get gassed with all that roid muscle not to mention a full bout.

Nichijou

You got your ass kicked by an 11 year old and your asking if you should go back? Get the fuck back in there and learn to not be a pussy that gets their ass kicked by an 11 year old!

I can't beat him though, he's pretty good.

Yeah, that's true. I will go back, might refuse to fight the kid again though. The mouth cupping was a dick move.

>The mouth cupping was a dick move.
what did your coach say about it?

Join a different one if you can. If not I'd try boxing, with your height and frame and being only 130 you'd be pretty good.

No.
Asp is specifically for WWE.

Well she is not going to fuck u now....maybe if you didn't cry it would look like you were trying to lose on purpose to bolster the kids confidence

You lost because you didn't have the proper conditioning. Boo is intensive and you must learn to be calm when your breathing is stifled. It is a he'll of a workout and worth it in the end tho.

at 6'1 you are literally far too large for being 130lbs. you definitely need to start working on your weight to help build strength.

might I suggest actually eating something you damn skeleton.

What's boo mean? I agree with the part about being calm, I was way too panicked. I was just thrashing around.

Eating is hard. Anyway, I already outweighed the kid by 70 damn lbs it shouldn't matter.

I have a sister that weighs 130 lbs, unfuck yourself promptly.

It's tough for me to sympathize but I know what it's like to get dominated in a sparring match. When I just started boxing by trainer had me spar a guy that had probably 5x more experience than me. I'm positive I was stronger but that doesn't mean shit when someone has far superior awareness and technique. I got punched in the face repeatedly, but I managed to get a few good shots in that I knew he felt. My face and mouth were bloody but I was proud and my trainer was too. I did my absolute best and didn't quit. That's all the you can do user, do your best and don't bitch out, you'll grow with time and diligence.

It's the other way around though in my situation, I had more experience than the kid! And he won by using brute force.

It was an involuntary response to my damaged ego. Plus, being smothered is terrifying.

It's not involuntary, you could have controlled that shit. Why did you cry? You're supposed to be a man and he's supposed to be a child. You can't let him disrespect you like that.

I really couldn't help it. He was in the most dominant position in BJJ, the high mount where he's got me pinned to the mat. On top of that, mouth cupping from a kid is just humiliating. I just felt sort of powerless and started to cry.

God damn dude you suck

Look at the kid's arms, they're twigs. How could you not just remove his arms when he covered your mouth? Are you telling me that his kid sized arms are stronger than yours?

This looks suspiciously like another thread posted recently.

Didnt you make a thread about this about a week ago?

Bjj* I'm on my phone

Oh my god dude