How the hell do you sleep enough?

How the hell do you sleep enough?
Fuck, I'm having so much trouble sleeping for 8 hours, I feel like it is really detrimental for both gains and other aspects of life

I go to bed at 23, roll around, sleep, and get up at 2-3, roll around for an hour, wake up at 6.30 again, and from that point can't manage to sleep again

WTF

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/sleep-disorders/news/20100115/sleep-debt-hard-to-repay#1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lead a more active life. Do more sports and/or cardio.

Lifting 3-5x a week isn't active.

Valerian.

Smells like an old mans feet but it works.

Harder mattress + sleep on your back

fuck me that judge has a top tier ass

I swallow quetiapine and smoke weed. Sleep like a baby

3mg melatonin half hour before sleep works real nice

what if i sleep 6 hours a night and make up for those hours by sleeping 10 hours on saturday and sunday?

Donald Trump sleeps 4 to 5 hours a night. Whats your point

what

OP, lifelong insomniac here and regular sleeping pills don't work for me because they stay in your system and make you groggy as shit. So I started, 20 years ago, taking a Gravol pill about 15 minutes before I go to sleep. Gravol is designed for motion sickness but it hits your system fast and leaves quickly which is why it works perfect for me. I couldn't function without them and, yes, occasionally I go without them for a few days/weeks and my sleep goes to shit.

I sleep on my stomach and it gives me lower back problems, anyone else sleep like that? how do I transition to my back

I only get six hours max no matter what I do or what time I go to sleep.

My life is very boring though, I have no idea why my brain and body think I should be awake for most of it.

You're most likely racking up chronic sleep debt each week.

webmd.com/sleep-disorders/news/20100115/sleep-debt-hard-to-repay#1

Sleeping extra long over the weekend won't compensate for the 5 days of consecutive short nights. It's not that you need a 1:1 correspondence between extra hours slept vs hours lost. It's that you need to compensate for sleep deprivation sooner or the debt becomes more more deep-seated and takes longer to recover from, or something like that apparently.

Melatonin, sleep mask, relaxing before going to bed, eating before bed, not eating before bed. Anxiety about not sleeping can prevent falling asleep. Meditation may help calm yourself and avoid get stuck in worrying thoughts that agitate your mind. Maintaining absolutely regular going to bed and getting up times.

If you try those and you're still not able to fall asleep and stay asleep for most of 8-9 hours, get medical help. You probably have a more serious problem that can't be solved with just better sleep hygiene.

>have a routine
>go to bed the same time every night
>wind down before bed
>don't nap during the day
>work hard

>My life is very boring though
There is your answer do something to make it more exciting have a reason to go to bed early so you can get more sleep.
I'm in bed at 9pm every night to wake up at 4am to go to the gym before work.

-stop drinking coffee after 2pm
-don't take your smartphone / laptop / whatever to bed
-don't be super active before going to bed (chill for an hour or two, then go to bed)

the whole 8 hours thing is the average, some people don't need that much sleep and can get by on as little as 4 a day. If it's really affecting you though, go to bed at a reasonable time, no tv/phone/computer 1 hour before sleep, read a little, and take melatonin the same time every night.

ikr holy shit

Well what do you do during the day?

Same man, I know you can put a pillow under your stomach for spine but sleeping on your back is best. Also helps get rid of eye bags and shit supposedly.
It's so uncomfy though why

I can't sleep on my back, I get sleep paralysis every single time.

so it makes me more accident prone, big whoop

I would drink a glass of white wine 3 hours before sleeping it works famalam

>lifting five times a week isn't active
Nice meme friendo

thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Your circadian rhythm is fucked, so your body isn't actually committed to sleeping when you go to bed. Here's a few things you can do:
-Only go to bed when you're actually sleepy
-Set a specific time to wake up every day and stick to it (doesn't work for me, but everyone keeps saying it)
-Get some sunlight early in the morning
-Stay physically active during the day (as opposed to during the evening)
-Avoid electric lights and displays late in the evening if you can. Stuff like f.lux or SunsetScreen might help if you can't do that

Alcohol is consistently shown to decrease the quality of sleep.
People who get by on significantly less sleep are just underestimating how much damage they are doing to themselves by getting insufficient sleep. Even if they claim to not feel tired, their cognitive performance and overall health is nowhere near where it would be if they got more sleep. That also applies to retards like .

sitting on your ass all day and going to the gym for an hour a day isn't being 'active'

Active would be a construction worker or something similar.