Why haven't you converted to front squat yet?

Why haven't you converted to front squat yet?

Because I'm not a fuccboi looking for a reason to avoid back squatting.

I do BOTH.

This.
The only people who exclusively front squat in my gym are numales and pakis. None of them move more than 1 plate.

dont you know? you are only allowed to do one style. otherwise squadpolice will arrest you

My left wrist gives extreme pain when bending that way.

try using bodybuilder front squat form doesn't fuck your wrists

AKA the "i haven't got the mental fortitude to continue back squatting" squat.

fuccbois is right.

checked and agreed

But I have recently and it's awesome.
Just an all around better exercise. Has done wonders for my back extension, depth, also shoulder girdle stability and abs.
Any real man deadlifts.
Deadlift + squat = redundant
Deadlift + front squat = complementary

Good digits

Sorry fatty, but front squating is harder at any given equal weight compared to back squat.

>muhlowbar
Kill yourself

Yeah and pistol squatting the same weight is even harder than that. That doesn't mean shit, fuccboi.

Back squatting is psychologically harder than front squatting.
Front squatting is great. But if you try to claim its better than back squatting, you're a fuccboi, end of story.

Lol.
How to know someone looks like shit
Part one - they only front squat.

These numbers being posted are quite amazing. I'm impressed.

You are a dyel faggot if you choose to do only 1 squatting style. Variety is the spice of life and the key to receiving blessings from the Quad God that gifts you with sweeps and hamhocks.

There's nothing the back squat gives you over the front squat if you also deadlift heavy. Indeed, heavy dl combined with RDL and front squat make the squat obsolete.

Front squat + traditional deadly = masterrace.

Sumocucks and lowbar fatties need not apply

ur a big guy
checked

truth spoken

tfw can't 1p8 front

im not gonna make it lads

But I do lowbar+front squat

I front squat 1 pl8 with the bar in my teeth, also supporting it with my hands without bending wrists in sucha weird way.

Wanted to try front squatting yesterday after my back squat sets, but I couldn't seem to get the bar in the right spot. Any tips?

so you put the bar on your nipples?

>not doing all four
>not confusing the muscles

don't worry about it. it's a relatively hard exercise to learn. just take your time getting comfortable with the movement and the weight will come eventually.

I put it on my front delts, can only hold it when crossing the forearms (switch sides between sets), but if you hold your upper back straight then it should lie safely in a mold provided by your proximal front delts without hurting your acromion or clavicle. If you need to press with your hands to avoid it slipping forward at the low point you have shit upper back form.

yes

Put it on your clavicles.
And then let it "roll" down so that it rolls your front delts and creates a cushion.
This is where you should have it.
It is important to keep upper back straight and be real tight so that it doesn't have tendency to roll down.

>falling for memes

Front squatting is harder.

Front squatting is ATHLETIC.

Back squatting is for FAT POWERLIFTERS.

Cool, will try next leg day. Appreciate it

How do I perform a front squat?

I'm sorry but the user above is right.
I've been lifting for 7 years and I have never seen anyone who looks good who only does front squats.
Back squats are the hardest lift mentally. They are the lift that really takes willpower to keep at.
They are always the first lift that people crack on and find a reason to avoid them. Front squats are a good example here because its the first thing people turn to as an alternative without admitting they are afraid of the hardship of back squatting.
Switching to front squats then claiming they are as good or better than back squats is indicative of a weak mindset. I've seen it so many times in my time.

Not psychologically it isn't.

If the cross arm grip doesn't work for you use some wrist straps.

>squats take willpower to keep at

SSfags are hilarious

And squats are the one with the highest potential for injury and we have the least reason to progress on past a certain point.

If you aren't doing it for athletics then it's really all about mental masturbation past a certain point.

tvw i dont do front squat because im one of the bros at the gym who lifts a good amount of weight for my size and whenever i do front i cant load up n look like a pussy

ego wont let me brah

not wasting my gym reputation for an exercise

Is cross grip okay or are straps better? Wrists feel like they are going to snap with the traditional method.

Improve your shoulder, elbow, and wrist mobility m8. Dont cut corners it isnt worth it in the long run. Plenty of good mobility stuff on jewtube

Heavy conventional diddly
Heavy high bar
Hypertrohpy front squat

recently switched over to front squats, did low bar before that, and high bar before low bar. I try do one until I stop seeing sufficient progress, then switch to a different one

I front squat 335 for reps and occasionally get mires.

I say "occasionally" because it's very infrequent as I train at a PL gym.

>you're a fuccboi, end of story.
This is the age of stupidity we have entered

Have to do front/low/high to have even development. Pretty much like any other muscle group it's best to try a few different exercises for efficiency.

I do like front squat on a day I feel like I'll be deadlifting since it doesn't target the posterior chain as much so it doesn't affect my pulls.

I do most training for front squats. Occasionally I hit back squat and try it for a few weeks. Doing lots of front squat volume has been increasing back squat, it went from 185 to 335 by only doing front squat volume so yeah no reason not to

Im at a place where i need to frontsquat around 180 kg to get the same bunr as backsquats. And every time i do it with that kind of weight the bar fucks up my shoulders.

I'd argue potential for injury is greatest in deadlift.

More people squat than deadlift though, so % of people injured is higher.

maybe git gud

No, the number of injuries is higher. If diddlying is statistically more dangerous but less people do it then % wise its more, # wise its less.

>not only doing superior zercher squats for max EMG activity

>bodybuilder front squat form
>Know a guy in the gym that front squats 3 plates
>holding the bar on his arm between bicep and shoulders

I never asked, but just assumed he had a fucked wrist.

>mark down on my calendar "chest day" on monday
>talk about how im going to fucking crush bench press that day
>mention to everybody through the day how much im looking forward to benching today
>get to gym
>load up lmao2pl8 on the bar
>get underneath and go through my routine to mentally prepare myself
>muscles are tensing up in anticipation
>suddenly jump up from the bench and sprint over to squat rack
>before muscles realize what ive done i throw on a bunch of pl8s and get underneath
>start anging out squats, ATG
>muscles wtfing like crazy
>super fucking confused
>best workout ever
i squatted 4 plates today

My hips always grind when I back squat so I front instead, which works fine.

What's the conversion? I can front squat 185 for a good deep 7 but don't know how strong this is, is that like a 2plate back squat?

What's the front equivalent of the 3plate back squat?

>Squatting in jeans

You guys are dumb lol. The only difference in muscle activation in different squat bar positions is which spinal erectors (thoracic or lumbar) get used the most under heavy loads. Otherwise it's all leverages.

Back squatting is great. But if you try to claim its better than front squatting, you're a fuccboi, end of story.

147.5kg X2 front squat feels good man

Am I the only person who doesn't dread squats? I run both front and back in my routine along with conventional and sumo diddlys but like I fucking love a good squat session.

I loved squats when i was good at them, most i ever hit was 550. Now i have a herniated disk in my L5 and i'm getting older, lifting when you know you'll never pass a previous goal kinda kills motivation.

front squatting is far, far harder, what the fuck are you talking about?

I'd argue that front squatting is the hardest exercise and least fun exercise I fucking do

>wrists in constant pain
>core burning especially on 8rep+ sets
>shoulders in constant pain if I do bodybuilder style
>massive stress on clavicle
>want to just drop the weights forward the entire time
>can't focus on squatting because need to focus on balance and thorassic extension

front squats are the fucking devil

back squats:
>brace your core
>sit down
>stand back up again

stop lying retard