Calves finally growing

Fellow calflets, I'm making this thread to instill hope in you. My calves are finally growing, and I'll tell you how I did it. For years I gave up on calves, until I'd finally had enough.

Here's how I did it in 5 steps:
1. Work calves any day they aren't sore, even rest days.
2. Warm up, then do high weight standing barbell calf raises, all variations of stances; toes pointed forward, outward, inward, and another I made up out of desperation that I will explain in a moment, 3 sets to failure. I did not use a plank of wood or anything for extra depth during this exercise.
3. Repeat step 2 with light weight
4. Repeat step 3
5. Always eat at a caloric surplus, fuck your abs, fuck your bf%, just eat some extra food

Here's an explanation of the variation I made up. Feet shoulder width apart, toes pointed forward, move one foot backward so your toes align with the heel of your forward foot, then preform calf raises like that. Then switch your backward and forward foot and do the same amount of reps. If this variation already exists then I'm retarded and did not make it up. I'm not sure if it actually does much but the calf of the forward foot seems to contract much tighter than normal. I started doing these because I desperately wished I could do donkey calf raises but I have a home gym and never had a partner.

My calves are still small but I can see actually improvements in size and definition after 2 months, if only minimal. Just thought I'd share this to anyone out there who's as desperate as me for bigger calves.

/thread/

dont do all that dumb shit, just jump rope everyday for 10-15 minutes

>Always eat at a caloric surplus, fuck your abs, fuck your bf%
Yeah being a fat fuck with big calves seems great

Are you implying you need to eat over a 500 calorie surplus?

Tried it for a year in highschool, didnt work for me. They got strong but I have shitty inserts.

Do both heavy and light farmers walks. My calves have been growing like crazy.

better yet, just run like 5km every other day

>b-but muh gainz!
just eat more duh

Are you implying you don't?
500 cal surplus is stupid broscience with no actual medical sources backing it

If you ever look at dancers, they have yuge calves. Its all about volume with moderate weight for calves in my opinion. Just do one leg calf raises to failure for sets for a good 20 minutes everyday and they'll grow. Throw in some hiking in hilly terrain, or uphill sprints, or farmers walks, GG calves.

Here is my simple everyday calf exercise
>set treadmill incline to max
>set running speed
>run as long as you can

Here is my simple everyday calf exercise

>wear jeans and chinos

my right calf is noticeable bigger than the left
I think it's due to boxing

what do?

switch stance

I think it's one of the most awkward things for me, it's like I forget how to box, my brain bugs out

Thank you for this informative and thought out post OP. Pics of results? It would be helpful to see how this worked for you.

>
just switch the leg, move sideways, give one twos, doubles, jab etc

also keep the fucking hands up

Exactly. Jump rope really makes my calves pop. Some calfpress now and then don't hurt neither.

>being a runnerfag

or you know, you could just run a few hills instead of wasting 50 mins in a 5K

>My calves are still small

>5k
>50 minutes

They've not grown, or atleast, not by much. Jesus, get over yourself just because you've started to see some definitions in an area you've never really trained before.

If you are natty and have high calf insertions, they will always be small. It's not the end of the world, just learn to live with it. IF you have the money, you can always get implants.

Once you start to roid, you'll see decent growth. But it will take years, and I mean fucking years, of steroid induced training to acquire decent calves if you have high insertions.

Just do bodyweight calf raises for 3-5 mins EVERYDAY, no matter how sore they are. Don't rest between reps, do it with full ROM and barely touching the floor. Thank me in 1 month.