Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excitotoxicity
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1976410
nature.com/ejcn/journal/v62/n4/full/1602866a.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27640132
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28187322
snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It doesn't taste the same at all. You must have pleb-tier taste buds.

I bet you can't tell the difference between Diet Coke and normal Coke either, fag.

Diet coke tastes better than normal coke.

I refused for years. It tastes super filmy if you're already eating a ton of sugary shit. Now that I don't, the difference in taste isn't as extreme.

Wrong.

Not diet, but zero tastes a lot better

Same for me, I feel fucking gross when I drink normal coke with shittons of sugar.

Whats the diff between diet and zero?

zero has more sweetener in i think

drink water you filth

agreed

drinking regular coke feels like i'm swallowing literal syrup. it's way too thick and tacky

>

I can not tell the difference.
Had both in glasses, no clue.
If there's no difference, why go with the sugary one.

The first sip isn't as strong in Zero.
Aftertaste is also very different.

Dont drink this guys. Aspartame causes permanent damage to the brain. See aspartame and glutamate receptors.

0 proofs

Fuck you retard! Aspartame is perfectly fine.

lol

zero uses a combination of aspartame and acesulfame potassium and they 'cancel out' their after tastes, diet coke just has aspartame and nothing else.

I don't like that it has caffeine though. I think Pepsi Max is caffeine free

You're a fucking pleb if you think it tastes the same.

I drink it, but it isn't nearly as good as regular coke and leaves a funny aftertaste for me.

>tastes just about the same
If you disregard the soap taste.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excitotoxicity
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1976410
nature.com/ejcn/journal/v62/n4/full/1602866a.html

I thought like you and ended up with tinnitus and hearing loss. Later found out that tinnitus is caused by over active neuron firing (which is exactly what aspartame does). It can also leads to even more dangerous brain diseases. But its up to you, just wanted to share experience to help.

>tastes just about the same
no it does not

>the most researched sweeteners in the world
>sources are from some 90s paper and the university of fuckass south africa

only a percentage of people can taste aspartame, to those that can it has a bitter chemical flavour, this explains the divide in opinion here.

i'm happy i can't, means i can drink this shit while not being revolted while cutting

Tastes kind of the same to me.
If all of this stuff about diet soda causing cancer and whatnot is true I'm fucked. I used to be a addicted to soda, and when I got Veeky Forums I switched to diet. I can't even enjoy regular soda anymore, it tastes like sugary syrup.

Zero tastes fucking great to me while eating or soon after eating. If I drink it without being close to food it can taste like chemicals. Strange.

>drinking so much soda you lose your hearing

You kind of deserve it tbqh famalam.

DRINK WATER YOU FAT FUCKS

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27640132
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28187322

Here are some 2016 and 2017 papers. Its all over the place if you look a bit. Of course, the effects wont happen overnight but after years of regular consumption.

Then they should make it clear its dangerous for long term consumption. I drank maybe 4L a week which is supposed to be a very safe dose according to official authorities.

This, please listen to this nigga

Zero tries to taste like normal coke

diet is a completely different drink than normal coke

You got me worried there, good thing I'm not a pregnant mice consuming hyper physiological doses of aspartame.

Interesting fact, if you force feed the mice with similar dosages of salt they fucking die. Guess it's time to ban the salt right?

they piss into every diet coke tank

>4L a week
>needing a warning to know that's fucking retarded

Top jej.

Diet coke is a compromise that was made when Coke had to make a low calorie drink to compete with Tab. Coke wanted to make a low/no calorie cola that tasted just like Coke but sweeteners back then were more primitive so making a diet drink that tasted like coke was impossible. Thus, Coke simply decided to accept a new soda that tasted distinctly different. Coke Zero is what diet coke was supposed to be in the first place but they can't kill diet coke since it has diehard consumers that like how it tastes regardless of it's calorie content.

>4L a week
That's Light weight baby, confirmed for not leaving humanity behind

coke in general is yucky, it's always way too sweet

>Excitotoxins

Stopped reading there.

>>>/'ddit/

the health cost of coke zero versus water is small enough that it's worth the better taste, nigger.

Diet dr pepper practically tastes the same as regular. I drink like 6 of those bitches every day.

Drink water.

Coke zero has the same effects to the heart as regular one. The loss of sugar does not do shit when your heart gets fucked up all the same.

post proofs

>South Africa sucked in science before apartheid ended

You are fucking dumb. I agree with your other point though

>South Africa sucked in science before apartheid ended

The fuck are you talking about? The South African study was from 2007. Are you so eager to pop off on blacks that you can't read posts or sources? Take some SUPER MALE VITALITY and get in yourself in some gorilla headspace to get yourself in order

Same reason you drink Coke Zero instead of water: it's marginally easier than changing your shitty habit

We are actually warned about salt abuse consequences on health.

The 2017 study involves mature mice. I would have never drank that garbage if I knew it could have long lasting side effect on mammal brain.

>Third, the claim that the two amino acids, phenylalanine and aspartic acid have neurotoxic effects. This is true in certain individuals and in high enough doses
snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

Even that FDA PHD admits it can be neurotoxic, they could at least issue a public warning. Isnt it supposed to be a drink for kids ??

People are clearly buying it if they're still selling it, op.

it's still really fucking bad for your teeth.

^

Very little. Coke found that men wanted to buy a low calorie drink but were too insecure to buy one in a silver can called 'diet', which was perceived as feminine. So that rebadged an almost identical drink with black and the 'zero' moniker to make it seem more manly.
It actually worked.

>my dad drinks Coke Zero for this exact reason

Confirmed by life. I don't mind a couple a week with lunch myself.

Have you tried the new recipe zero? It's a massive improvement on previous iterations

Because of one poorly controlled study, aspartame has undergone more testing than practically any additive. It's fine.

Dr pepper zero and pepsi max masterrace

>I can't wait to have a refreshing Coke Zero® with my lunch courtesy of The Coca-Cola Company®! Try the new recipe today! Haha do you even lift bro?? ;) ;) ;)

Yeah, remember the Dr.pepper 10 ads? "Its a mans drink! not a "diet" drink, a mans bold drink"
It totally works too.

putting unnecessary chemicals in your body absolutely fine

>buying "diet" anything

You weak willed pussies, all of you.
If I feel like I want to drink some coke, I buy regular normal coke and fit it in my macros.
I rather consume full fat milk in smaller quantities and enjoy myself moderately than buy that water diluted fat free milk and drink gallons of it not enjoying it at all.

>b-but I want to drink coke everyday
Not going to make it.

That's different. Men wanted a zero calorie drink but they were just too pussy to admit it to their friends.

Not true. Diet Coke is based off of the previous Coke's formula taste (which was different before they went back to classic and why it tastes kind of weird)

Coke Zero is closer to the current Coke (Coca cola classic) taste

>Sources: Coca-Cola marketing department, my ass

The tastes don't vary to a large degree, and the general mediocre flavor across them all makes me not care.

Pepsi max is a god damn energy drink. Enough to compete with any sips.

I love the stuff and it's taste is pretty close but one of the reasons I like it is because the taste is so much lighter. One of the things I HATE about regular soda is that heavy, syrupy taste.

>What is Aspertame? HURRR

Stop drinking soda.

I get about 8g of phenylalanine every day. Is this bad?

No, because I don't have phenylketonuria.

coke zero is objectively tastier than regular coke though

Can I get a quick rundown on how aspartame affects cognitive functions?

Is it true it gives people brain fog?

I have exactly the same experience. Not a big fan of real coke ever. Do like Jolt Cola and Jarritos, though I only drink them very rarely due to sugar.

Coke Zero is made of the same magic as SIPS.

>brother in law jerking off about coke zero to me while I drink a normal coke
>asking me why dont I drink zero and how its healthier for you
>tell him I dont give a fuck because unlike him im not 45 with health issues
>still jerking off about it
>tell him if he cares so much why doesnt he drink mostly water like I do

He even poured out 2 glasses of coke and got me to taste them and I said one tastes like zero and the other is coke. He says I was wrong but his wife says she saw him pour them and I was right. The cunt spent the rest of the night smoking ciggies in the garage.

WTF is wrong with normie cunts?

Who the fuck still drinks soda? Are you literally 17?

It doesn't taste the same. I should know I drank almost two liters of that shit per day. Regular coke is much sweeter, and leaves your mouth drier and the taste lingers longer.

Quit it while you can user. Stroke and dementia are not worth it

>No zero caffeine

Really activates my almonds. I just don't want to JUST my bones any more then they already are after years of being a sedentary, MountainDew-slurping faggot. Fug caffeine. Fug it so much.

>the health cost is small enough
>the better taste
Being this retarded.

Literally never had this problem before in my entire life. How can betas cuck themselves this hard into not drinking whatever they want to drink just because of what they think other people will think? Is this the fully unveiled power of the 21st century normie?

>What is caffeine-free Coke Zero

I legit love the taste of 0 and cant stop drinking one 200ml can a day.

Will i get cancer, alzheimer and other shit this supposed nectar of satan gives?

I've literally only ever seen it once in my Walmart, and almost overnight, it was gone and never returned...

I was drinking either a 0 cal coke or dr. pepper a day or a monster zero. Now I have maybe one a week, replaced all others with unsweetened green or black tea. Feels good.

To be fair it does taste totally different to Diet Coke - which is way too fizzy and acidic.

Aspartame is behind this post

Whats with all the shills lately? Aspartame is literal poison. Why would you want to drink poison?

my 20 hours ago nigga

I feel exactly the same way

>he drinks soda outside of mixed drinks

Never gonna make it, none of you.

Ive never seen a skinny person drink diet coke

I'm a biomed major and I can tell you that aspartame shold not be regularly consumed. It can cause mental retardation in extreme cases

I'm a doctor and I can tell you that aspartame is actually good for you and should be consumed every single day.

See the problem?

I prefer diet cherry Pepsi. Great taste and no aspartame too.

NutraSweet shill detected.
Activating anti-shill protocol...

Drink water you fuck.

I never really bother with fizzy pop. I'm 31 and can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've had it.

this is actually completely accurate

I don't drink soda anymore, but when I did, diet soda always made my teeth feel sticky.