Best martial art for nightclub fights?

3 gyms near my place, boxing, BJJ and muay thai.
And money for just one, which one?

Fuck you.

KRAV

M
A
G
A

ameridote

The best defense against getting into a nightclub fight is the maturity to walk away.

>he thinks girls want to fuck the guy who fights at bars/clubs

Anyone who has time to spend on Veeky Forums is not ready for Krav Maga.

true.

all you need is a pipe bomb

Suggest this on /pol/ and record the responses.

Spoiler Alert: It was created by a Jew

t. numales

bjj for ground, muay thai for striking

t. larper

only if you live near someone who was actually an israeli soldier, otherwise it's a fucking aikido tier meme

treat krav like you would sambo. if you live near or around russians, you can bet sambo will be some top level shit, but if you're not accessing the legit thing with a direct lineage back to where it originated, you're wasting money.

best and cheapest self defense is boxing, and this is coming from an mmafag

you don't want to go to the ground or be on one leg in a street fight if you can help it. If you really want to grapple, judo's cheap and teaches you how to toss niggas from a clinching position as opposed to changing levels and shooting like is wrestling, thusly being a touch more reliable in a scenario against jamal and however many of his niggas he's with

at the end of the day, this should all be used to set up your main martial art however, which is either track and field or a pipebomb, the strongest style.

>LE UFC XDDD

really makes ya think.

Judo. Don't be the agresssor because nobody wants to fuck the agressor. People want to fuck the guy who effortlessly puts the agressor on his ass.

Well Jews are the master race so.....

muay thai in a self defense situation is pretty high tier, especially in regards to short distance strikes like knees and elbows and to a lesser extent leg kicks, but kicking at all's not the brightest move outside of a sporting scenario

bjj would be good, but you'd have to find somewhere that embraces the idea of needing to get somebody to the mat first so you can train against being taken down at all. I love me a cheeky triangle like anyone else, but TDD is way more important when jayqwan is going to soccer kick you while tyrone is stuck in your guard

How long til martial arts training really starts to sink in to the point of being useful?

couple years? months?

out of those 3, muay thai.

in a real world fight, if some girl sees you put some guy into some gay ass BJJ grapple like a leg lock, they will laugh at you and call you a faggot. plus, who the fuck fights on the ground in real life? muay thai looks sick as fuck, is more functional than boxing, and won't make you look like some autistic gay faggot like BJJ does.

>inb4 someone replies "in the real world you have guns"
autists don't go to nightclubs, and even if they did the bouncer would surely search them for it.

what if I have my trusty katana?

heh. so much for your fancy training, kid.

I would say that, provided good teaching practices, intent to learn, listen, and practice on the part of the instructee, and with a healthy dose of full contact, full speed (if not necessarily full power) sparring, a couple months would give you most of what you need to know and a decent bit of experience in live situations to know when and how to use it.

It's a lot like lifting, you can learn form in a few weeks and get noob gains in a few months, but it does take a long ass time to really git gud at it. also like noob gains, those first couple months will also put you above all the shitters who don't train unless they're ridiculously huge compared to you (weight classes exist for a reason)

box u pussy

i hope you're under the age of 20 because you have some serious maturity issues to work out if you go to clubs looking to fight/expecting it.

with that said, judo is pretty good as a self-defense/grappling sport since BJJ tends to be groundwork only which is shit in real life.

I'd argue the increased focus on footwork and keeping your base under you in boxing makes it more functional on the streets, but MT's knee and elbow game is sicknasty, especially in a confined area like a nightclub

ideally you'd pick both since they supplement eachother so well and become Ramon fucking Dekkers

>pipebomb

this guy knows what he's talking about

I'm deciding between Judo and BJJ. Boxing and other striking is bad for me because I have a bad wrist. I've also had a knee ligament surgery so I'm thinking Judo

Grappling is going to be an equal if not worse hell on your wrist m8, it's all about grip strength

go be a madman and learn elbows from muay thai i guess but you're best served rehabbing it as much as you can

Everybody was meme-fu fighting

I can tell you've never been in a club fight. BJJ is dog shit.

>take it to ground
>get face stomped out by 5 of his friends

>bjj is dog shit because you cant use it to beat 5 attackers
cool meme

Maybe if you're an oldcel.
I have a friend who has a 100+ confirmed slay count and is prone to starting fights in clubs

You can't even use it to beat two let alone survive an attack in a crowded fucking club where anyone can fucking be on his side.

Going to the fucking floor and trying out your sweet bjj moves is a death sentence.

I can show you numerous fucking youtube videos of old men who were golden gloves boxers taking out multipel fucking dudes. I challenge you to show me one bjj dude taking out three.

at least if shit hits the fan and your standing you can run. Bjj you're essentially a door mat for their boots. Kek

>walk into club
>UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ
>then suddenly it's WHACK WHACK WHACK

>not just doing MMA training

It's like you guys want to get beat up

The only thing that would justify this sad ass thread is if OP is looking to be a bouncer

That photo's all wrong, goddammit. The guy in purple looks like he's singing we will rock you but he's gotten tired of holding his fist in the air so he's resting it on the other dude's chin, meanwhile he's too busy blowing a ghost and the bitch in back is like wtf yall put in this drink cause i caaaan't stop farting

should have started the thread with this

>pipebomb
>tfw you've recognise this and have been on Veeky Forums too long

Even then. If you know the first thing about hand to hand combat you'd understand why there are a number of basic flaws that make it shit.

All I can think is that it makes Israeli soldiers feel more confident and more likely to take risks when captured or confronted by an enemy.

no

what are you doing?
if I would attack you now, could you defend yourself? I doubt it kid

>heh you are defenseless against my superior size kid
>smirks
stop tripping faggot

Is your speed superior?

>wanting to train martial arts for nightclub fights
You realise if your teacher finds out you've been fighting in night clubs he'll ban you?
You don't learn martial arts to beat up drunk strangers you insecure faggot. If you want nightclub fights, nothing beats experience. Just get your ass kicked a few nights in a row and you'll learn how to not be a faggot.

this. literally any grappling+striking art. boxing is also nice if you lack flexibility for the high kicks

boxing or muay thai for a nightclub, fights are over real quick there

>nightclub fights
boxing, ko those geeks in one punch
if you can't shatter someones jaw or push their nose in you have no business getting in fights (dead srs)
when i was 11 years old i shattered my dad's jaw (havent seen him since)
11 year old me could KILL 11 year old mike tyson
srs

oh ffs me too
he was fading out as I was starting to come here more so I'm not that fucked r-right?

whatever lets you hit first and hard as fuck.

the art of the blade

Just buy pepper spray

im with the other user. it can be superior in 1v1 but u dont want to be on the ground if u can be outnumbered.

patrician suggestion

>going to nightclubs
unironically kys

taking steroids, carrying weapons, fighting dirty

Get in my guard bro.

kekked

Lol

accidentally read it "lowjob street self defense"
>yeah
>"accidentally"

What do you do for fun?
inb4 Redditor responses being contrarian and how the grew out of clubs

Any instructor worth their salt wouldn't risk the well being of one of their 1 year+ students in sparring with randos who barge in the gym in order to put their skills to use "in da clubbzzzz." They'll be shaky, spazzy, unpredictable people without a sense of form who are the most likely to injure anybody they go against.

You'll learn basic moves for the first couple months just like you'll learn basic chords if you're learning an instrument. Only then can you start to go against other people. Which is assuming that you practice an art that allows for sparring. Good luck ever getting sparring experience in Krav or Karate