>does warmup set with empty bar
>whips out his phone
>fiddle with his phone for 10 min
>finally loads up lmao0.5pl8
>keeps fiddling with his phone for another 5 min
>gets phone call
>talks for 10 min
>i leave

this guy unironically pays 30€ a month to sit on his phone for ~30min maybe even more.. why do these people exist?

>pic related

also how long did it take you to bench 225?

nigga just get a life

i dont mind the .5pl8, because people are out there trying to better themselves. Dont h8 a player attitude, brah.

the phone thing is obnoxious though.

>Look at this guy at the gym on his phone.
>Let me get my camera and get a photo of this guy

Post your body faggot

gym looks empty
why do you care if this guy is hogging a bench to do nothing?

took literally 20 sec

wasnt bashing 0.5 pl8 we all gotta start somewhere

took me 2 years to bench 2pl8 cos I fell for the low volume/SS/TM memes

gym's empty so he's not taking it up for anyone else. dude can take as long as he wants, kill yourself for being so invested in someone else and not focusing on yourself, ultimate beta attitude.

good thing you posted it up on the internet though, now everyone knows how pathetic you are

I bet op is a Manlet and or morbidly obese.

I weigh 57kg and I started on 50kg for my bench (5 reps). I find it hard to believe that guy there can't do more

It didn't take you 2 years because of SS/TM

well it did you fat cunt, as soon as I dropped those dumb routines and started a brosplit I never stalled once

I started at 20kg and I weighed around 80-90kg.

Then again im 6'7. Bench is around 115-120kg now 7-8 months later

wow 5 reps how many times?

1 time?

never gonna make it. its about volume.

50kgs isnt 1pl8 faggot. its like .55 pl8

so ur bench has never stopped going up. wow you must be benching hundreds of kilos by now right

yep, umad chunky? stay small (and weak) brosplit is the true redpill

>t. Some noob who started a bro split last week and is in for a rude awakening

Oh im sorry Mr alpha male bench hogger

Dubs of truth

Good work user
4 times with failure on the last set after 2/3 I think it was. I wasn't bragging at all, just surprised even untrained people can't lift more. 1pl8 is 62.5kg with Olympic bar so its more like .8 pl8

this is bait

off you go reddit

"everyone I don't like is Reddit"
If brosplits are so great, and you're so big, post body.

>inb4 excuse

This is why I go to the gym at 2:00 AM

Hit 225 for reps in 5-6months

Just stepping foot in the gym is considered a workout by some people.

Who gives a shit what this random guy does

Is he hurting you in any way, OP

I feel you OP. Fuckers like that should just stay home and come to the gym when they are ready to work out.

congratulations now shut up

u r are big guy

>walk upstairs to the locker room
>female hameplanet sits on the shoulder fly machine
>staring at her phone
>get changed, head downstairs to start my workout
>she still sits there staring

This shit really gets my rimmies rustled.

We live in an electronic world. Almost every guy, no matter the age, brings his phone into the gym where I lift. Some old men even bring their fucking iPads in. Many of us use them to track our workout, or to check videos, or yeah, to text and talk between sets. I know you Veeky Forums autists like to pretend this isn't the case, but THE GYM IS A SOCIAL PLACE.
As long as somebody isn't really sitting on a piece of equipment with their phone out, not using the equipment, taking it up for a long time, there's no problem with it.

over valuing your starting point once again user.

I did the math.

you started at .722222pl8 you fucking worm. kys

>the phone thing is obnoxious though.
I legit go warm my back up, hit my warmup sets, and then sit for a good 10 minutes before I hit a max attempt. Gotta let that ATP build up.

Then again, I also bench a shitload more than he does, if that counts. That could be a warmup set in OP pic desu.

i do the same thing except i hit the sauna to increase blood flow

Taking 15 minutes of rest for a lmao0.5pl8 bench press is not working out.

Also, texting someone who is outside the gym is not social and texting during your workout is autistic.

>having autistic rules on who you can be social with and have it count
Sorry you have nobody to text, dude, or that you can't manage to text and talk to somebody during the same workout because you have to compartmentalize everything.

>texting is not social
>texting is autistic
holy shit this board is full of retards

dude Ive texted on the treadmill before during warmups and cool downs, but when im in the middle of a fucking set I would like to believe its frowned upon

Put the phone down and start lifting.

nofriends detected

Maybe there was an emergency, maybe his mum was havin' a heart attack m8, maybe some chick agreed 2 bang him, u dont know

>texting someone who is outside the gym is not social

Isn't there a wateraerobics class you should be in, grandpa?

OP you're a big fag and arguing with everybody just confirms it. Delet thread before you embarrass yourself more.

I unironically browse Veeky Forums for my 10 minute rest sets on bench and in the squat rack. :^)

Is this bait ? Who the fuck can bench 50kg for a full 5 reps with no previous gym experience or weight lifting, especially if he weighs less than 60-70kg ?

Sometimes I wonder if most people on Veeky Forums are just lying. You have people here claiming that they can bench 3pl8 within a year of lifting. I barely see people lifting that much in my gym and they always look like beasts.

>Sometimes I wonder if most people on Veeky Forums are just lying

They are, user. The sooner you realize that, the better.

Although you'd then have to consider that this person could be lying, and most people on Veeky Forums therefore tell the truth

Phones should be banned during workouts.

I can lift 50km kettlebell with one hand without effort. You just weak and fell for the benching meme.

Why don't you just go talk to him?

I don't usually call people out on lying because I like them to claim stupid numbers so I can easily tell they're lying. Some people will look up what a wr in the lift is, look up what a babby weight is and pick something between the two, often suspiciously close to the wr end. Others will just add a hundred or so pounds to what they lift or think they'll be able to lift soon.

What I usually do instead is ask them for advice and laugh at their dumbass responses.

You guys are so far removed from reality and normal social interaction it's no wonder we're beginning to see the same shut-in problems in the west that Japan has seen for years.
If somebody is taking a lot of rest time on something you want to use, tell him you're going to work in. It's only affecting you if you let it.

Gotta have some badass stabilizers to handle that torque

>also how long did it take you to bench 225?
1rm? 2,5 years. I am 6'2 and my genes are not the best, so it took me that long.

Hard to say, had been going to the gym for about 3 years doing meme routines and fucked eating so nogains, after i squared up and started SS about 6 months

What the fuck else are you meant to do during rest period between sets?

>tfw I'm only 1.25 pl8 bench
>Rest for 3 - 4 mins
S-sorry lads, I usually end up failing my set if I don't rest for that long

>Start gym
>Buy pic related and keep behind counter

Come use your phones you fucking casuals

sick of these fuckers always on their phones. I'm gonna take pics of them from now on and post them onlline.

It's okay

How tall are you user, damn that is like lifting it into space or some shit.

I hope we get angry autists getting angry at each other for being on phones to take pics of each other

ill be completely honest, i cant 1pl8. but I just recently started and can bench 115 and ive never benched a day in my life. i was too big of a pussy and just worked out arms, no chest, so most of the reason why is because muh tri's are fucking huge

>Babby's first workout

Go stare into the distant you autist while others entertain themselves.

So you had previous experience of working out
>just worked out arms, no chest
Literally how? Did you do nothing but curls and tricep extensions?

i mean, i take that back.. i worked on the fly machine quite a bit..

i suppose im not too surprised anymore

I was in the same boat. spent my teenage years doing nothing but curls in my parents' basement and could bench 115-125 on my first day of SL

I benched 60kg 3x8 the first time I sat foot in a gym.
Most people on Veeky Forums are skinny or fat neet losers and therefore very weak when they start out.

About 6 months to hit 100kg two reps, never tired to max out till that moment, always did 8-12 reps for 5-6 sets 2 to 3 times a week.

Wtf?

Why using phone shoudn't be allowed? i usually watch the phone in between sets, like setting rest timer and watch some instagram ass, especially when i try to max out, doing longer rest idk what to do.

I have not responded to anyone you fucking idiot but now i did, have your (You) and fuck off

dont listen to the white knight cunts in the comment section defending that guy OP. Chances are, they are literally like this guy and sit on their phone 3/4 of their workout

People who sit on their phone like this need to be euthanized. I can't stand seeing a faggot do a set, then sit on his phone for 5 minutes, then another set, than text and browse his phone, then another set, etc etc.

Drives me insane. Especially when they're using a piece of equipment I wanted to use and I know I'd use the equipment better and more effectively than them.

>mustered up the courage to go to the gym for the first time
>start off with bench press
>load up lmao0.5pl8
>first set done but i feel i could improve my form
>pull out phone to watch some videos on form
>gf suddenly calls me
>shes trying to talk me out of going to the gym
>says she doesnt want me to get too big
>after a 10 minute long argument we break up
>see some fat fuck taking pictures of me from the corner of my eye
>probably making fun of me benching lmao0.5pl8
>wont let that discourage me, nothing will stop me from making it

I rest 5-6 minutes to do sets of 3, and do 10 sets, and there ain't nothing you can do about it bitchboi

why dont u ask to work in u faggot or are you too autistic to bother other people and instead whine about it on a muslim baconeating haram image board

>spending 50-60 minutes of just resting at the gym

hey, the only persons time you're wasting is yourself by not getting any gains. That is your problem friendo.

Not how it works. By your logic the empty bar is 20kg/62.5kg = 0.32pl8

I walked into the gym a few days ago and benched 185 for reps. It's my first time lifting in 4 years, but when I was actually fit I'd press 315 in sets. Muscle memory is real I guess idk I'm not a science man.

Spotted OP in another thread

>a fifty kilometer kettlebell

i train for around 2 years now i dont even know if i can bench 225 i always use dumbelss for chest since i always train alone and dont have a spotter and anxiety wont let me ask some1 to spot me so yeah

We don't know the exact reasons why this fag is doing this.
What if he is trying to get away from his home?
What if he is forced to go to the gym against his will?

OP was bullied as a kid.

If it does not interfere with your workout, why do you care? Are you REALLY trying to discuss elements of social conduct on a board designed for autists trying to lift their way out of virginity?