Historia Civilis

>Historia Civilis
is this the best Historical youtube channel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1SdO-btKuds
youtube.com/user/TheUSAHEC/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=wnqS7G3LmMo
youtube.com/watch?v=xYSqscmp_f0
youtube.com/watch?v=iCsvtbWxZC4&index=11&list=PLIbDTFf1FSlEHYz8ug9G9_7krU9lIcGDR
youtu.be/Q_s9Rcsg5UI
youtube.com/channel/UCN9v4QG3AQEP3zuRvVs2dAg/videos?disable_polymer=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It seems so, Lindybeige is alright too (but more broad than just history)

Not at all.

The best ones are the ones posting lectures and podcasts.

Mind sharing any of your favorites? Always looking for more stuff to listen to.

>videos about audio
ehhh, that's kinda missing the plot there

>The best ones are the ones posting lectures and podcasts.
post them faggot

He’s a hack fraud sucking up patreob money and barely putting in any effort. He puts out like one video a month if you’re lucky, has so far only forcised on the most basic bitch topics that anyone well read should already know plenty about, and last but not least that annoying. Way. He. Talks. Where. He. Pauses. After. Every. Word. So. That. His. Foreign. Autistic. Audience. Of. Turks. And. Slavs. Can. Understand.

I like it. And the time between videos, considering you have to do the animation --barebones as it may be, as well as making them about half an hour when it's a side project as opposed to a full time job seems reasonable.

Not having read Julius Caesar, I'm quite liking the summation of his campaigns dumbed-down for gay babbys.

>video about tunnel bears
>not sponsored by tunnel bear

What a fucking waste.

youtube.com/watch?v=1SdO-btKuds

youtube.com/user/TheUSAHEC/videos

youtube.com/watch?v=wnqS7G3LmMo

youtube.com/watch?v=xYSqscmp_f0

>half an hour
His videos are like 10 minutes long m8. Guy releases a 10 minute video every month and gets god knows how much patreon and as revenue for it

>steal the History Channel logo
>but encase it in a circle instead of a square
>put it on merch
>make mad dollary-doos
I should put an H in a triangle on a blue background and make my own channel. I know at least as much as this asshole.

I'd be rich.

It's literally just an H dude. Not even close to the same as History Channel's H either other than relative color scheme, but those are Caesar's colors so...

Less is more.

When they have to worry about animation, establishing shots and keeping you excited they end up focusing less on the words coming out of their mouths not being retarded.

>those are Caesar's colors
Must think highly of himself. What an asshole.

GREEKS ARE BETTER THAN OTHER HUMANS!!!!!!!

I’d think highly of myself too if I was making 50-100k dollars a year making a 10 minute video every month

Looks pretty similar to me. Yellow H on a red background as the logo for a history themed channel was clearly inspired by the History Channel logo.

Just like you are clearly his shill. How much patreon dosh are you getting per post?

How the fuck could he possibly make that much?

Forgot the picture

People just... give him money

idk user, it doesn't make sense to me either. But we get free videos out of it so I don't see any reason to bitch and moan.

There are people in the US that barely make ends meet and this assholes is making 75K a year on shitty ill informed history animations.

That's plenty to bitch and moan about.

And he talks like he has cum in his mouth.

>I hate it when others are successful
Salt

Definietly! No debate about it, the channel is top tier quality content. I really think that he should do new voiceovers on his old videos though, would be dope.

Definietly the best channel on youtube, no doubt. Top-tier quality content along with nice animation can't ever go wrong. However I do think that he should add new voiceovers to his old videos. Would be dope.

Don't know what happened there

Your retarded opinions were reinforced by incompetent action.

Similar, but like I said, it's just an H with serif's in Caesar's colors. And his looks really shitty at that, as opposed to the more Roman beveled and "chiseled" version of History Channel.

And not everyone who disagrees with you is a shill you dumb brainlet. I would never give money for access to something I currently get for free. The fact that his channel is free puts it in a whole different frame than if someone had to pay for it. I honestly hope Veeky Forums starts charging for access, so I can finally get out of this shithole.

Fucking commie, get off my board

>le cube storyteller who never cites any sources or references
reddit the historian

t. retard who never bothered to check the description under his videos

>he considers that shite as actual sources and references
lmao

shoo amerimutt

you people are so tiresome

what spoonfeeding method do you prefer user?

L A Z L O
youtube.com/watch?v=iCsvtbWxZC4&index=11&list=PLIbDTFf1FSlEHYz8ug9G9_7krU9lIcGDR

He infantizes all of his content so that anybody with down's syndrome can follow along. Whether that's a goos thing or bad thing is up to you. I personally don't like it.

youtu.be/Q_s9Rcsg5UI

btfo

whoa you sound hella smart dude

He uses BCE and CE, so not quite. He also went on a little rant about Caesar committing “genocide” against the Gauls, so also not quite again.

He’s generally pretty good, but not that amazing. Epic History and Kings and Generals are both far better.

The Great War is an excellent channel. Been keeping up with it since 2015

I can kind of tell that Indy is starting to grow tired of it though. He's got kind of an attitude when he does the Out of the Trenches segments now

I’d hate to see how he’d react if he had a real job like normal people do every day, then.

He does. Doesn't he commute to Germany from Sweden?

Threadbareinc.

I stopped watching the Great War because it was impossible to keep up with what was happening. 5 minute videos with 5 minutes into and outro that wildly jump around and never go in depth. If you watch the extras, you get even more confused about where and when you are supposed to be.

The videos are just far too restricted by the concept and too short to be good.

>He also went on a little rant about Caesar committing “genocide” against the Gauls
Cesar did do that though and he didn't really do it in a SJW way.

>Epic History
The one with the random topics and stolen documentaries?

If it's as low effort as you say, why aren't you making billions of youtube dollars doing this?

Also nice of you to take a shit on someone for having an accent.

check out this guy:
youtube.com/channel/UCN9v4QG3AQEP3zuRvVs2dAg/videos?disable_polymer=1
His videos are great and his channel is just about to explode in popularity.

In my experience, the majority of the videos in a channel need to be 15-20 minutes or longer in order for the content to be worthwhile. I mean, what can you even say in 5 minutes? You have barely set the scene and the video is over. Many wikipedia articles are longer.

This, history is more than just naming what happened, explaining why it happened, what lead to the opportunities etc.

it's also explaining why it happened*
fuck

>Also nice of you to take a shit on someone for having an accent.
Everyone has an accent you seppo retard.

What's wrong with Before Christ Era and Christ Era?

too many words and too easy to confuse

BC-AD are immediately recognizable and also carry some of the context of the time.

They are a nonsensical replacement for BC and AD. If you think about it, there's no rational reason to use them. I'm not sure whether it's convention to use it in some place.

>Kings and Generals
I looked at this channel, and it's short retellings of battles and campaigns. It's all very dry and boring. Am I missing something?

>It's all very dry and boring
That's the best.

This isn't interesting boring, it's X walked there and fought Y. Y won. Then he continued on to A where he fought B and crushed him. Two years later they made peace. Thank you for watching.

>Foreign. Autistic. Audience.
But you're already here.

h

lamao he cites gibbon as a source

Isn't your OP the symbol for 'Helicopter Land Here?

yeah, he is the perfect medium between boring static word diarrhea and pop-his with overly flashy animation that leaves nothing to the imagination

Envy is a sin.