ufc.com/discover/fighter/martialArtsStyles
youtube.com/watch?v=hp9-jKO_K98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>ufc.com/discover/fighter/martialArtsStyles

Pick one.

ballet

wing chun

youtube.com/watch?v=hp9-jKO_K98

See what's available nearby, go to trial classes. Pick one that has competent members and coaches and engages in full contact sparring.

Pick up whatever for second martial art if you feel so inclined.

jeet kun do

Search Jocko willink on martial arts. He's a navy seal that knows what's he's talking about.

Summary.
1. Conceal carry
2. BJJ
3. Wrestling/boxing/Muay thai

This.

>this
if you want to pick something do BJJ or MT

Boxing or Muay Thai

>BJJ
The takedown game is a joke nowadays. Would recommend Judo/Sambo/wrestling nowadays if purely for self defense.

t. someone who's been doing Judo for 7 years, BJJ for 5 years, and wrestles occasionally.

Is bjj in anyway superior to normal jiu jitsu, are there any major differences

Massively different.

BJJ is 90% ground work and some (sadly generally sloppy) takedowns, whereas JJJ is a very mixed bag of many different styles, mostly with a more varied focus - downsides being lack of focus, potential lack of sparring, possibly impractical techniques, McDojo syndrome etc. Or it can be actually great, like Danzan Ryu.

Self defense you want something to mainly control people with. You can accidentally kill someone with a punch or a kick if they hit their head on something.

That being said boxing and muay Thai are still 100% necessary for self defense.

You really want to be able to control someone in any altercation.

Judo, and wrestling and good stand-up oriented Bjj (which is just judo) are what you're looking for. You want to be able to deliver someone to the ground and control their limbs, or take them to the ground there you still are standing (which is a priority in most throws) and be able to discern other threats and run.

For overall fitness, I recommend wrestling or judo. The culture is very fitness oriented, and you will be lifting people all day everyday. Weights feel a lot lighter then you can blast people across the room.

Bjj is a bit of a meme. It features no new submissions (effectively nothing is new, people have been grappling for centuries, Japan figured it all out before, a lot was just lost or only known in ground oriented judo schools) and their takedown game is rediculous weak.

People see submissions in MMA and say whoa Bjj so cool, but every guy there has an extensive base in wrestling and grappling in general, that's just an art that focuses on the finish. Getting people down to the ground is very important, and in irl situations, will allow you to incapacitate people and GTFO, which should be your priority.

Do a mix of boxing/thai, and judo/wrestling.

If you want to compete in MMA, do that and supplementary submission work.

can i learn boxing without getting hit in the face? don't want to ruin facial aesthetics or get CTE.

>this

I recommend you carry around a rape whistle and pepper spray.

This is literally the last one you wanna do if you wanna learn how to fight
Listen to this guy^

>This is literally the last one you wanna do if you wanna learn how to fight
Bruce Lee would disagree

ayy lemao

How old/ rich are you?

He was an actor, not a fighter

You won't get CTE unless you literally go 100% 3-4 times a week, good boxing gyms won't throw you into sparring anyway, and if you care about cuts and bruises like a faggot, usually during sparring you wear a helmet

Depends on your goals. I'm biased as I box, but I honestly think boxing is the best thing to train to become functionally able to protect yourself in a physical altercation with some cunt in the shortest amount of time.

It's also one of the most common ones that are easy to find if you're in the UK/USA, and you're least likely to get memed by a mcdojo.

People will say boxing has no ground game, which is true, but in the hopefully rare occasion that you can't avoid violence, the cunt trying to ruin your day won't be a trained fighter, because commonly those who know how to fight don't go starting fights for no reason.

>anyway
Right away I mean

Wrestling my dude, it's not a martial art, but definitely supplement your martial training with wrestling.