QTDDTOT - No animu edition

Last one hit the limit

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/fun/calpro.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Summer is here and I'm going to have quite a bit of free time so I'm considering switching to a PPL split. I just hit intermediate levels on all my lifts, but they're low still low level.

Would the Reddit beginner PPL routine work for me?

>no animu edition
>>>/reddit/

Take it up with OP, not me.

Could someone answer the question, please?

I just started 5x5 after about a year and a half of spending 2 hours in the gym 5 days a week. It doesn't feel like I'm doing enough, should I add more shit to the workout? also, i got so fatigued from squats that I couldn't bench proper weight, could I bench first?

what does Veeky Forums do about calluses?

i've heard i should be switching up my routine, but i can't get myself to not do deadlift, squats and hip thrusts no matter what day it is (upperbody or leg day). Does switching up my routine mean doing different exercises to replace the old ones and then rotate those around?
also how often should i be doing this? is it every few months or every couple of weeks type of thing?
(lastly to clarify: i keep my main stuff from SS and then just switch around my smaller but numerous side exercises after my main ones)

embrace em.

Otherwise just rub hands with lotion every so often.

Best way to correct outward legs? My physical therapist said it'd only be a few months and it's correct itself. Also anyone else recover from a bulged disc.

Not squating first will result in less recovery for movement nr.3 which always uses the legs a lot. I would not recommend switching, but rather take a longer break between squats and bench. Refill water, stretch and then do your worm-ups.

Ah yeah, makes sense. Thanks dude

Switching up your routine would basically mean switch rep ranges, set ranges, and assistance excercise. Keep your main lifts and also keep hip thrusters if you'd like, but just shake things up the rest

Anyone ever drink green tea before gym? Did it give a nice energy boost?

I drink green tea regularly. I don't feel any difference.

>go to squat, get tight
>brother spots my shit form, takes a picture
>see this

wat do? he corrected me and told me to lean to the left until it was even but it felt really awkward, I felt as if I was leaning way far to the left (as if opposite to my picture) but I wasn't
will correct form make it fix itself?

Do you lower/raise/don't change the amount/volume/intensity of your workouts when cutting as opposed to bulking?

>calluses
you mean having the hands of a man

My stats:

OHP 40kg
Bench 50kg
Squat 50kg
Dead 90kg

As you can see theres something seriously wrong with my squat. I just cant seem to generate power in my legs to sqwat. Every time I am squatting heavy (I do 5x5) I feel like I'm going to die and regularly fail my increased weight. Pls help.

>5x5

found your problem, 3x5 for beginners

You're asking for a neck snap there bud.

Ride the shoulders, not the neck. Get a powerlifting bar with gnurling in the center.

>Need to gain some muscle mass because skeleton
>Put my measurements into calculator
>Tells me I need almost 200g of protein every day
HOW the fuck am I supposed to get that much every single godamn day? One egg has around 9g of protein. Beef has like what 25? There is no way I can get that much into me every day. Or did I misunderstand something?

just the photo I think, I wasn't setting up for a serious squat just trying to highlight the problem
good idea though, thanks

You gotta have put something wrong. What's your stats and what calculator did you use?

Nope. You read it right.

Start fucking eating and dont every stop. Buy some mass gainer too.

you don't need that much, the 1g/lb of bodyweight is a target for skeletons to ensure they definitely get enough protein for gains

don't do that

bodybuilding.com/fun/calpro.htm
This one just popped first so I used it.
18yo, 1.94m, 74kg ((male))

Have you tried lowering the weight to like 35 and "re-attack" the squat? I believe this will make your CNS-gains catch up in the squats. Don't forget to check your ego at the door. This will also let you work on your form without any sort of breakdown.

Does anyone take sunbathing into account?

Not for tanning but strictly for Vitamin D production?

The fuck. No you don't need that much. The guy above you has it right. 0.8-1g/lb you weigh is a good amount to shoot for. So 130-160g or so.

I'm posting btwn sets and gonna start my bis isolation in 45 min-ish

Today i wanna try something new

How can i get a sick pump in 7 sets or less

Guys?

Is there an acceptable man purse Veeky Forums

I don't take dicks in the ass but I do wear boardshorts a lot in summer, and they have zero pocket room. Keys, wallet, cell, etc gets fuckin annoying to carry around

When cutting, low reps, heavy weight is key. It puts a chock on your body that tells it that you need to keep the muscles for strength and will therefore keep more muscles than it would of with high reps.

I'd like to add HIIT to a 5/3/1 routine. Seeing my routine goes as follow: OHP/DL/REST/BP/SQUAT/REST/REST, when would it be best to add HIIT and how often ? I was thinking about doing it on OHP and BP days, but aren't I going to be tired for my leg days ? But if I do it the day of my leg days, then I won't be performant for the HIIT.

What's your thoughts on this guys ? Thanks.

Are there any supplements or research chemicals that actually work to build muscle? If so, which ones

Even on my first set I feel fucked though. I will switch down to 3x5 though, it seems like I'm overworking.

That's basically what I did today. I was supposed to hit 60kgs (one plate) squat today. Failed after 3 reps. Lowered it back down to 35kgs and was at least able to keep it together for another set.

But yeah I'm going to do some additional core exercise in the meantime before my next squat workout.

What do you guys think about adding some Sumo Deadlifts into my routine? So I can hit those hammies and quads and ass all good?

Can you lose muscle and gain fat at the same time while working out? Surplus but low protein diet maybe?

If you eat fuck tons of calories but not enough protein and fresh foods, then yes, absolutely

The real question is why on earth you would want to

My back doesn't usually bother me unless I do something decently intense to flair it up. Today I had to shovel dirt and mud for several hours. Being in a bent over position lifting weight like that was clearly too much for me.

My question, is how do I get to the point where I can do shit like this without being crippled for a couple of days afterward?

when i benchpress, i cant do a max weight cause my right (previously injured) wrist hurts when i lift the loaded bar, am i fucked?

I did my first sets of weighted dips yesterday. It was only 10 pounds, but i feel happy :)... i want to do weighted pull ups, but im manlet and have to jump for the bars. Feelsbad

Is this gyno or tit fat? I'm skinnyfat but I only weigh 180 lbs and I'm 6'2

Forgot to post pic

I'm 6'2" and I'm having a lot of problems getting my squat form correct. I basically can't get over 200 lbs without feeling incredibly shaky. Does anyone have any advice? I've been doing leg press and the hack squat machine instead but I really feel like they don't measure up to squats at all.

I broke my 80-90 pound boxing bag.

Where do I get an actual heavy bag? Am I supposed to get one of those heavy bag skins and just fill it with random shit or what?

Gyno my man, puffy nipples = gyno

Fuck that sucks. I feel like less of a man

It scares me that you could break my spine in like one punch
I think a good option for you is a very thick bag and sand

Alright boys i need some help, if i am doing bicep curls and i can manage one set of 60 but then can't do another set and have to drop to 50 for my last two sets is there any reason i shouldn't do it and just do 50lbs x 10 x 3

shave them off with one of these. gently no pressure, the single-blade yellow bic disposable works best, the 3-p or butterfly safety razors are very aggressive and you have to be careful with them.

why in the world would you do that? This is more damaging then doing good or being usefull.

god you're a fucking moron
you shave the rough of the callus down for two reasons
> it won't tear during a deadlift
> it won't bulge anymore to cause discomfort when gripping things tightly
of course you leave some of the skin on and don't fucking draw blood ya damn idjit. GENTLY NO PRESSURE

Even if I could, I only work on my striking so I at least have a base in case something goes wrong. And it was at the end of a push day so that might have added something (also first time I hit bag in like 8 months after gaining 20 pounds).
I used to hit it a lot when I weighed 70 pounds less and I could not recommend it enough for cardio at the very least of its many benefits, so if this little section motivates you, then go for it.

The place I live is shit though for it. And right now it seems like my only option is for an unfilled one on amazon. Just wondering if someone has any advice here.

I want a 150-200 pound one if that helps.

What's the best way of determining how much I should be able to lift for the big four at a given height/weight? I really have no clue if I'm trying to advance too quickly on greyskull or not.

There's nothing wrong with drop sets. And something like curls really don't matter for progression and weight like a compound would.

You can literally do whatever you want with curls as long as you aren't using your whole body to speed up the bicep tearing process.

If you are hitting your biceps with correct form, then you are doing curls correctly. Weight irrelevant.

Symmetricstrength is a good starting point. Not the be all end all, but it does give you a good idea of where you should be and compare against others.

Fanny pack, mein neger

Is it wanting the total weight, including the bar? Probably dumb question, gonna assume yes.

w-wew lads

Everyone starts somewhere m8, the only way forward is to keep lifting and make progress

Sucks that I'm below average even for my height/weight after lifting for two weeks. Maybe my form's just shitty. Deadlift's been going up pretty handily but everything else is beginning to stall.

After years of only doing weight training I started doing some cardio in the form of running. My problem is: I run to fast and will get out of breath just as fast so i have to make walking breaks inbetween with running times of 15-30min.
Will this get better or should I try to force me going slower and longer?

Bruh, I couldn't even bench the bar the first time I benched. Just gotta keep at it

Yes of course.

Anyone saying the bar doesn't count is meming.

If you need confirmation, go watch a powerlifting or strongman comp and watch them count the bar. If you need farther proof, does the bar weigh anything? If yes, you count it.

Anyway, I like to go back to symmetricstrength everytime I hit a new pr. It really is a great site, and it might push you to try a different exercise you aren't doing on that site

Same, couldn't even / could barely lift with just the bar when I first started.

You are literally untrained. In that respect, the site is entirely accurate.

You have to realize that the site also takes information from people that have been lifting their entire lives at your height and weight.

When you start making progress, and start making green numbers, you'll feel better

Not sure I agree. I stalled at 185 BP doing low reps, started doing 4x10 and up to 2pl8s 2 weeks later. Maybe I just really confused my muscles. Also my gains seem to be way better at 4x10, and I'm dropping 2 to 3lb a week

relax man, two weeks isn't enough to make any sort of significant progress or be worried about stalling

in the first few weeks the most important things are getting the habit of going to the gym regularly and bettering your form before you start to lift heavier

you're gonna make it brah

Learn to pace yourself.
Look you don't have to get as much cardio as you can right now.
Just run till you're getting close to not being able too and slow down and go for a jog/powerwalk/or slow walk.
Right now you should be more concerned with making your body strong and capable enough to finish a jog. Not mile time or distance.

thank you, thats very helpfull.

DOES A BULGED DISC EVER GET BETTER

Thanks brehs, we're all gonna make it.

How do you guys stay focused in the gym?

Just started lifting and I'm only getting DOMS in my quads, shoulders and tris. Does this mean I'm not hitting my other muscles hard enough?

question for someone who knows anatomy

did pic related with 3kg today, while trying hard to keep my shoulder from anteriorly rotating, and one of my small shoulders muscles was on fire.
position i felt it most in was when weight was around shoulder height.
which muscle is so weak i feel it burn with 3kg?

I had this issue. More back / core work and stop being a fatass

i remember i had a college professor who was super qt with a big ass. I ended up dropping the class because i couldn't pay attention to anything else other than dat ass

How do I get my parents to lose weight?

They eat a shit ton of biscuits and treats with their tea and put butter in everything.

I tried going grocery shopping with them and replaced every thing they buy with a low calorie alternative and made them not buy biscuits. Like skimmed milk instead of whole which is half the calories.

Not even 4 days later they buy whole milk ''because it tastes better'' and instead of biscuits they buy sponge cakes.

They aren't obese but clearly fat, All my grandparent died before 70 and they were all fat except my grandma who is skinny, walks/gardens daily and is about to hit 90 soon,

My parents are 48 and I don't want them to die early because of their lifestyle.

Should I keep going shopping with them and stop them buying shit food? what other tactics?

>They aren't obese
>but clearly fat
they're probably obese then.
BMI > 30 is obese.
BMI > 25 is just overweight.

I mean they aren't like pic related

American?

baby steps man, you can't just change someone's whole lifestyle in one grocery trip

try cooking them some healthy meals to show them that healthy food can still taste really good

TDEE says I should be eating around 230g of protein while I bulk which seems like way too much. Should I go for the 0.8-1 per pound or follow what it says? 5'10 183

2g/kg (0.9g/lbs) is currently recommended for size/strength training.

can someone give me the jist of 5/3/1? I've been looking at spreadsheets online but it seems everyone is a little bit different

I'm using a preworkout and drinking whey postworkout. Should I just toss the preworkout and take creatine and/or beta alanine?

They have to want to change or you're just beating your head against the wall. You can't just impose your views on them and expect them to follow through. They're old, they don't give a fuck. They want to be comfy and eat tasty things

According to most online TDEE calculators my sedentary TDEE is 1900 (5'7 manlet).
My job has me doing around 10,000 - 15,000 steps a day, I lift 4 days a week and maybe do 2 days of cardio a week. Should I raise that TDEE up to 2200 - 2300?

I lost 11 lbs on Keto in the last week and went from 22% to 20% body fat. Is this too quick?

weigh yourself.
if you're losing weight, add some calories.
if you're gaining, drop some calories.

calculators aren't good for more than an initial guess.

if you don't care about preserving muscle mass, you can lose as fast as you want

I'm okay with losing some muscle since the next step is bulking, but what about skin and stuff? Will going from 22% to 12% leave you with a lot of leftover skin?

What website is that?

>ate 500 below sedentary tdee (1750cal) while lifting heavy 4x a week
>lost around 8% bf still 7% away from goal
>tdee goes up from 2250 to 2435cal

Do I start eating more or just eat at bmr already?

It also helps if you keep your back straight as if you are deadlifting. Dont bend it.

symmetricstrength

remember that your stats have no bearing on what type of routine/programming you should follow

you'll be fine imo user

the loose skin progress pics usually happen to people who are +40% bf dropping to sub10% in less than a year

Alright, thanks user

feeling rotatur cuff pain after doing heavy lateral raises

is it time to see the physio?

It was my second time OHPing ever and I failed 2 reps because I'm a weak fuck. It is my second week of SL 5x5 and since I began with the empty bar I just did 50 lbs today. Am I fucked up or is this quite normal? I mean stalling not far at all into the program?