Life Philosophy

What are some of Veeky Forums's life philosophies that they live by?
Pic related is one of mine

>dump yours

live.love.laugh.xo

I put myself first, but I'm not incredibly rude about it.

If you're too afraid to fuck up, you're not going to make it anywhere.

>copied

is this supposed to be bad

you're literally gaining followers

Nice reading comprehension senpai

C.R.E.A.M

People are defined by their actions, despite whatever good intentions they may have.

DOLLA DOLLA BILL Y'ALL

the stoic mindset is the lifters mindset

I had multiple "attempts" at starting to lift in the past but always failed, it was only after I read meditations by marcus aurelius that I learned to appreciate pain and hardship and kept going.

>CTRL+F
>Diogenes
I'm disappointed Veeky Forums

>Diogenes of Sinope was berating some local customers of a brothel, publicly condemning and ridiculing their immorality and decadence as they walked in. Some of the visitors, probably hoping to shut him up, tossed him a few coins in charity. When Diogenes had finally collected enough, he took the coins and entered the brothel himself.

Fuck that's a good quote

>that picture

LONDON

what?

kek what a fucking nutter

I'm going to die. Before then, I want to positively impact the world and be the best version of myself.

>he took the coins and entered the brothel himself.
ALPHA AS FUCK

"Do you even lift?"

"Do you have enough strength to face life's challenges?"

There will be moments of darknss.

>Stay out of my fucking sunlight
ABSOLUTE MADMAN
Googled it. Apparently happened?
I didn't get the emptiness bit though. Can anyone fill me in? (Realised the pun after typing, keeping it)
Be the man you'd want your daughter/sister to date

lame

>Be the man you'd want your daughter/sister to date
You don't know shit ...

Feel your discomfort like a wine taster tastes his drink.

Who originally said the quote in pic?

Put your %100 effort into everything you do in life, but only do good.

just be urself xD

>give others no reason to hate you, and every reason to depend on you
>tell others as little as necessary, both to avoid becoming the center of a conversation and to avoid autismal info dumps
>never be entirely reliant on others for anything, be it success, love, admiration, or support
>almost everyone you ever meet will not even think twice about fucking you over if it benefits them. always stay vigilant, and never get into a position you cannot easily back out from. trust no one.
>people are inherently arrogant and self centered; if you need to get someone to do something, utilize their ego to make them want to help you
>never feel guilty for screwing someone over, or manipulating them into doing what you need them to. they would do the same to you, but without caring about how you end up. a tyrant with a kind smile and consistent court gets more done than someone weighed down by guilt, or someone too insane to keep the peace.
>if you are doing something legally questionable, never let anyone know the full context of your plans and never entrust someone who you do not have enough blackmail to keep them scared into compliance. and always have something on them you keep hidden, just in case they try to worm their way out from under your thumb

We're all going to die anyway
so just do the shit you want to do

whew i like this

When you're out of luck, it doesn't matter how long your penis is.
Bullshit is bullshit and business is business.
I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam.
When you wish to be loved by everyone and love everyone in turn, you'll find yourself loved by no one.
Listen to everything a woman says and watch everything she does. Ignore half of the first and remember all of the latter.

Hello redit

>tfw ex crys back to me after 2 months of no contact

You would think this is a good feeling, but it makes me incredibly sad.
I cant stop putting myself into her position and feeling all she feels so clearly.
It's somehow attracting me too, knowing she's in such a weak position.

Feelings are so fucking weird, what is wrong with me. Every adult male would be happy as fuck and feel based as fuck.

And I am sitting here being all fucked up knowning that i HAVE to turn her down.

Mine is a chicken nugget now is a poop nugget later

well you see there's this meta-story we all take place in

get her to do every sexual thing you want, and then when you find a new girl tell her you two cant keep fucking because she's "so special to you"
fucking ruin her

Two more things.
Never argue with stupid people. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
And
There are lies, damned lies, and goddamned lies. Then there are statistics.

Feels good man

You might need to go back to 1st grade bro

She did nothing bad to me apart from being victim to her own insecurities, lad.
Its not like she cheated on me or anything.

Wow, you sound like you went through the same things my friend did a couple year back. Should listen to that one user advice and make her do sexual things to her. What my friend did was he did a cleveland steamer on her as he recorded it. Video somewhere on the internet, too lazy to find it

"Do no harm, take no shit"

Thanks for the kek user

embrace the abyss

>Everything is temporary
Things going bad?
>They're gonna change, don't worry.
Things going well?
>Appreciate it, they're gonna change.

The only way to grow is through hardship and struggle

so he's essentially this hyper self aware insane man

Open your fucking ears and live without an inflated sense of attachment to who you are. Be open to new ideas while being firm in beliefs you have already established. You live in the future through your memories of your past self.

this

Plato had a theory that there was a perfect hypothetical version of all things, in this case a cup. Diogenes asked where the perfect version of the emptiness is, and while Plato was thinking of his response Diogenes tapped his head and said 'it's here', essentially saying that Plato's head is empty.

but wouldnt the perfection hypothesis be contained only to physical objects, or methods of completing a task?
i get that it was just supposed to be throwing shade at another philosopher, but c'mon man.

My aussie friend said this quote but in his own way

'Stuffs only hard if you think its hard, if you actually try go for it, you'll see its easy mate'

I'm pretty sure that Plato didn't think the idea of perfection existed in reality, but just as a concept. Honestly it is a slightly ridiculous theory.

"Just do It" - Shia LaBeouf

Google "Jeff Seid".

>essentially saying that Plato's head is empty.
Yeah, I got that part, I didn't understand what Diogenes asked of Plato. To explain/convey/describe the concept of "emptiness"?

ayn rand's "art of selfishness" in one sentence. and better said.

It's the Virtue of Selfishness, and you misread the book.

Not even a Randite, but if you're going to pretend to be well-read, at least be convincing about it. Fuck.

the other guy she was after didn't want to put up with her shit and she's falling back on you. my ex did this after 4 months of us being apart. and then after another 5 months. and she started messaging me again. i just bought a new car and putting together a gaming PC. get bent bitches.

Read Max Stirner's "The Ego and Its Own"

Opera is when a guy gets stabbed in the back and, instead of bleeding, he sings

It is always darkest before the dawn.

With that in mind (just because I can barely stand the heat and sun) sometimes the dark can be kinda comfy and calm.

whatever dingus i read it several years ago, implying "art" and "virtue" in the title of a book aren't synonymous and not entirely important. the book was about putting yourself first. what else could you say it was about? well-read. funny you say that on an anonymous cock-docking website. baby has to defend his book because fucking dry vag rand makes him feel well-read.

Diogenes knew he wouldn't have anything to say to that, so used what Play-doh just said to make him look stupid i front of everyone.

>"A certain person said, "In the Saint's mausoleum there is a poem that goes :
>"If in one's heart
>He follows the path of sincerity,
>Though he does not pray
>Will not the gods protect him?"
>What is this path of sincerity?"
>A man answered him by saying, ''You seem to like poetry. I will answer you with a poem.
>As everything in this world is but a sham,
>Death is the only sincerity.
>It is said that becoming as a dead man in one's daily living is the following of the path of sincerity."
>-Yamamoto Tsunetomo, The Hagakure

philosophy is mental masturbation

DO WHAT THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE LAW.

P A R I S
A
R
I
S

Love is the law.

Everyone is a piece of shit, especially me.

don't do this.

Listen to your grandparents. The know more than you think.

I wake up and stay motivated everyday with this

Diogenes is a fucking faggot degenerate

this is the opposite of motivational

Being sentimental, moody, attached and afraid of what others will think are characteristics of women and weak men, also, contrary to what some may think, women don't pity weak men, women (subconsciously) HATE them and will go far to make them suffer.
Develop confidence, focus and harden your mind until you become an impenetrable emotional wall, also never get attached to a woman, the moment you become attached or infatuated and your girl realizes it, her interest in you drops dramatically, because an attached man is afraid to lose, and if you're afraid to lose, you won't have the courage to take the drastic decisions that you might have to take one day. And any woman *WILL* weaponize this *VERY* well.

Always remember that no matter how attractive or hot she is, she is just a woman, don't ever treat her like a special snowflake, don't ever take bullshit from her just because she has beautiful eyes or full lips.

Take life by the throat and make things happen instead of waiting for them.

"Humans live on a quarter of what they eat. On the other three quarters lives their doctor."

- kek

>you can't inherit

C H A D
H
A
D

This is the best one out here
That's exactly what I've been trying to do for the last couple of weeks, and can say it is the ultimate tool for actual self reliance

How?

GO BEYOND. PLUS ULTRA.

basically always improve and grow.

Anything you choose or not to do is because you are experiencing some sort of discomfort or instinct
If you learn to not give in and embrace those feelings, you will be able to do what makes sense rather than falling for your expired instincts

42 laws of power much?

jesus chomsky get over it, sam harris won

>Walk softly and carry a big stick
describes my life best, working on both continously

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” - Austin 3:16

Words of wisdom, i just access some represseed memories because of this. Now i know why I feel so uncomfortable when im studying.

Diogenes is the Sam Hyde of ancient greece