DEATHLIFTING THREAD

Lets talk about the best lift.

Sumo vs conventional, your biggest pull, your stats, weight height, do you prefer sumo or conventional ETC.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eNkXGY5PnTE
youtu.be/JodMxA4tN6I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My biggest pull was with a trap bar and I did 3 pl8s for 12 reps.

6'2

>grip starts to fall behind after 3pl8
>hook grip kills the thumbs
>straps feels like cheating
>mixed grip more like bicep ripped

365lbs x 6 is my max currently. Sumo is fucking stupid.

i was playing with my sumo stance width and setup, since i struggle massivelly off the floor with sumo, and it alost felt like wide stance conventional that actual sumo.

Today applied some Duffin teachings and i think im starting to have this shit figured out. Still not ideal, lats not tight enough, i need to slam my hips more into bar (i will try with another bar thats little bit softer, works much better for that)

youtube.com/watch?v=eNkXGY5PnTE

upright version

what i see is wrong
a) hips need to be closer to bar (need to open up my hips more probably)
b) the hyperextension at the beginning is probably too excessive (but then again it evens out after pull begins so idk)

Sumo deadlifting is a much more natural position for a human body

Natural movements are 100% invariably ALWAYS better

At the VERY least, shoulder-width feet is just pure autism that serves no purpose

Your knees are locking out before your hips, but they should be locking at the same time every time. Also that little jerk at the end where your spine caves in is the dumbest meme in the world, straight strong back like you're standing normally at the lockout. Seriously. Otherwise great.

doesn't sumo make the lift considerably easier?

5ft11 93kg bet pull 240kg for 1, or 210kg for 5

Conventional all the way, i find sumo awkward.

I'm shortish so I pull conventional. Pulling Sumo brings my deadlift down like a hundred and fifty pounds.

Best lift @ 225: 460
Best lift @ 175: 440

5'8" 18 y/o

try it and see how mistaken you are

yeah i might fool myself thinking i engage my glutes properlly when its always late in the lift when its irrelevant

its just different
i can pull about same weight sumo and conventional, but with both i struggle hard off the floor.

best sumo for me was 175kg for 1
best conventional was 180kg for 1

lifting for 7 months 187cm tall 97kg weight

Sumo master race reporting in

70kg bw
195kg sumo
165kg conv

>poverty back is poverty

youtu.be/JodMxA4tN6I

>tfw wingspan 13 cm bigger than height

I have never in my life seen anyone properly perform a sumo deadlift. Collapsing knees and shit mobility everywhere.

Anywho, I prefer a conventional. Pulling 440x3

Pulled 420 last week

short arms, short legs, long torso

ask me about my squat and deadlift

420 lock it out faggot

>squat 1rm 375
>deadlift 1rm 380

shouldn't this be higher? what am I doing wrong

I'm a lanklet but can't seem to figure out sumo form. Always feels "wrong" even when I'm doing everyting right.

Recently hit three plate conventional.
At what point do you usually have to start using straps or chalk? My friend always struggles with his grip when he goes heavy, but I've never had any problems with it.
Also, when are you supposed to start with a belt? How much does it typically help?

65kg & 175cm, 170kg sumo. Went up pretty easy desu, hoping for 180 for a few reps before the end of summer

>mfw I don't deadlift

Feels healthy and comfy, lads

Half squatting probably