Breakfast. Yay or nay?

Breakfast. Yay or nay?

Other urls found in this thread:

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/genetic
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>In the 1920s, [Edward] Bernays was approached by the Beech-Nut Packing Company – producers of everything from pork products to the nostalgic Beech-Nut bubble gum. Beech-Nut wanted to increase consumer demand for bacon. Bernays turned to his agency’s internal doctor and asked him whether a heavier breakfast might be more beneficial for the American public. Knowing which way his bread was buttered, the doctor confirmed Bernays suspicion and wrote to five thousand of his doctors friends asking them to confirm it as well. This ‘study’ of doctors encouraging the American public to eat a heavier breakfast – namely ‘Bacon and Eggs’ – was published in major newspapers and magazines of the time to great success. Beech-Nut’s profits rose sharply thanks to Bernays and his team of medical professionals.

not sure, but i do know that the popular saying breakfast is the most important meal of the day was originally a marketing tactic for cereal and had no basis of truth

So the consensus is that (((breakfast))) was a (((marketing))) (((meme)))?

thats not the "consensus" that's what it is.

DELETE THIS.

why does everything to you guys MUST be a conspiracy ? Can't you just live with yourself being hated fatasses ?

Surely you know the truth... It's all you. Noone planned your downfall but yourself, men.

In medieval times people didnt have breakfast. They had 2 meals per day. Supper and dinner iirc.

Breakfast was only for eating the morning after fasts, hence the name.

My old man always told me

>eat breakfast like a king
>eat lunch like a prince
>eat dinner like a slave

Yay.
After 4 hs of no food, body enters in starvation. Imagine how powerful is keto mode after 8 hs of sleep.
So yeah, a nice breakfast (continental, American, whatever...) is good for your gainz and facing the day.

Fucking breakfast cartel, that Kellogg bastard also pushed circumcision to the masses.

>people are out to screw others over and make a profit
wow such a ludicrous proposal, surely it can't be true!

I always hated breakfast. When I went to school my parents forced me to force down cereal first thing in the morning. When I finished school I started having my shower and dressed THEN ate. Eggs, tea, coffee, toast, fruit and porridge.

Why does the notion of scientists/lawyers/doctors being financially influenced to push certain legislature seem so unreal to you in a capitalist society?

Are you 17?

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/genetic

>Be in the 20's
>open a small scam with a huge company
>"Gentlemen what is your plan ? Immediate profit I assume ?"
>"NO, LET'S MAKE IT SO THAT A 100 YEARS FROM NOW, LONG AFTER WE ARE GONE AND NONE OF THIS MATTER, PEOPLE STILL EAT BACON !"
>Evil laugh around the table.

No you're right, it sounds pretty convincing. Plus the REAL problem with obesity is clearly bacon and heavy breakfasts.

>NO, LET'S MAKE IT SO THAT A 100 YEARS FROM NOW, LONG AFTER WE ARE GONE AND NONE OF THIS MATTER, PEOPLE STILL EAT BACON !
That's not what the user's post said at all. Their goal was to increase the sale of bacon so they would make more money. It's not really that farfetched. Corporations get phony medical studies to push bogus products all the time. You're just simple-minded and hate what you cannot understand.

I was looking this up and see various unsourced claims. Some say 3 meals a day breakfast, dinner,supper. Others say only working men ate, and without meat. There is also cited info on 14th century monks getting a beer allowance of a gallon a day lol, and they couldn't eat 4 legged animals so they said bacon wasn't meat.

You're answering my question with what generated my question....
Yes lobbies exist, it's not a secret, but that's exactly where this goes. It's not a goddamned secret... we know exactly who finances what. even if it's 10 years later... there are no shadowy underground running conspiracy to get you fat.

You are fat.

Once you fess up to that, no amount of conspiracy, real or imagined, could get to you anyway. Some guy wants to make you fat ? Eat something else.

>You're just simple-minded and hate what you cannot understand.

Morning breakfast rush really affected the kids who woke up late.

Nobody is blaming corporations for being fat you incredible retard. You're an 80 IQ nonwhite, aren't you? You have to be.

Yes, corporation do shit like that all the time, FOR IMMEDIATE EFFECT.
This guy is trying to imply that some shady deal in the 20's has repercussions on today's nutrition, this is what i dislike about it.

Ya, medieval Europe wasnt one culture. But rather a place of vast cultural differences. Eating habits would have differed enormously by culture and class.

Find what works for your lifestyle and occupation. Some people dont feel hungry until noon, others upon waking. Some like to wolf down oats before a mornong workout, others eat after.

Speaking as a neet, I love my comfy hobbit tier breakfasts and unironic second breakfasts

ok, then what was the point of this my clearly superior-minded friend ?
thrill me with your acumen.

That the big breakfast meme came from a corporate advertising campaign using fraudulent medical studies to sell more bacon. I know you're a mostly-illiterate nigger, but the OP asked 'Breakfast. Yay or nay?'.

So you're implying that the importance of breakfast is the result of a hidden agenda, by a corporation, a 100 years ago ? Please tell me you are serious.

I like having a half cup of oats and two cups of coffee for breakfast. Sometimes, usually on weekends, I have eggs and bacon/sausage or I go out for a big, extravagant breakfast at a local diner. Breakfast is top comfy if you have enough time to enjoy it.

It definitely had something to do with it you retarded nigger. Here, I'll quote the important bit of the paragraph for you.

>This ‘study’ of doctors encouraging the American public to eat a heavier breakfast – namely ‘Bacon and Eggs’ – was published in major newspapers and magazines of the time to great success.
>to great success.
>Beech-Nut’s profits rose sharply thanks to Bernays and his team of medical professionals.
>Beech-Nut’s profits rose sharply

>to great success.
>Beech-Nut’s profits rose sharply
hmm.. what do you think those mean little nigger? I think it means a lot of people started eating bigger breakfasts! Consisting primarily of eggs and bacon! woah! It's amazing what you can accomplish when you have basic reading comprehension skills and aren't a 75 IQ subhuman!

dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting

They were also malnourished faggot manlets.

where'd you go nigger?