amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y1N23ZN
cyclingabout.com/complete-list-of-all-road-gravel-grinder-adventure-road-bikes/
mongoose.com/rus/selous-sport-20520
youtube.com/watch?v=e9JGxBJ5hw8
youtube.com/watch?v=zBFFrsvgu1Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can't deny

agreed. Plus it's extremely useful to be able to ride your bike places

people who ride bikes on the road and hog the driving lane are a plague on society. I make a point to NOT move over for bikes when theyre on the road. Sometimes I drive so close to them my mirror almost hits them. I can't wait for the day where they fall and I drive over their head and pop it like a water melon. Fucking dumd cunts. Take your shitty bike and ride it on a trial, a dike, or some place where there isn't traffic. Poor fucking idiots.

"A" for effort

This. Faggot cyclists don't belong on the road unless there are bike lanes, it also doesn't help that they are all a bunch of whiny cunts

I've been biking for fun the past few years and wanna get into it more.

What bikes would you guys recommend? I don't live in a city, if that helps, and somtimes dont have bike lanes or sidewalks.

I just wanna bike all over the place around here. The countryside is chill af, but my bike is old and doesnt fit me, so I can't go places.
Plus it clicks sometimes, which is annoying.

>don't belong on the road

they do you fuckwit and obey all traffic laws. also the only whiny cunt here is u m8 get btfo :^)

I can't wait until 5 years from now when only self driving cars will be on allowed on the road and manually driving a car becomes illegal. The cager tears will be so so sweet

Road bicycle. Cheap bikes here.
bikesdirect.com/products/road_bikes.htm

Protip to all the cyclists riding in traffic. Get an arrow and mount it somewhere perpendicular to your frame. The air drag is negligible and any cager trying to pass too close will get a nice memento on their paint job.

Flat bar road bike.

>people who ride bikes on the road and hog the driving lane are a plague on society
Obnoxious cyclists are indeed cancer
The rest of your post reeks of manchild
Is the bike insured? Does it have a license plate? If a biker runs a red and gets hit by a car, is the biker at fault?
If all 3 are positive then I want to live where you live, because here bikers are premium pedestrians that take up a lane for their obnoxiously low speed and bad road behaviour.
Fuck off
Why would there be any tears
What makes bikers on driving lanes cancer is the frustration of dealing with their entitled behaviour. On a self driving car, I'd not have to deal with any of the bikers' shit, the car would deal with it for me while I enjoyed my meal or something

Chances are the laws where you live say otherwise.

Is the bike insured? Does it have a license plate? If a biker runs a red and gets hit by a car, is the biker at fault?
If all 3 are positive then I want to live where you live, because here bikers are premium pedestrians that take up a lane for their obnoxiously low speed and bad road behaviour

I've biked for years. My quads only grew when I started squatting

I mainly just stay on the sidewalk, move over when people walk by; it's nothing much to worry about. As for leg gains: I live in a Colorado, so there's a lot of uphill, so you'll feel the burn for sure.

I've been riding BMX for years but want to start hitting up some trails plus have an easier ride around my city so I pulled the trigger on one of these yesterday.

If you plan on staying on paved surfaces all the time just get a road bike with a carbon fork+handle bars. If you are good with your hands at all you can get decently priced parts from china and put together a sweet bike from $1000-2000 depending on specs.

If you want to go offroad but not hardcore trails, you want a crosd country bike (XC). They have at minimum a front suspension anywhere from 60-120mm of travel. Rear suspension is optional, and adds a ton to the price of a bike, though it is really comfy on long rides in rougher terrain. You can build or buy second hand a good XC bike from $1000-$2000 depending on specs and suspension. Hardtails (no rear suspension) are cheaper. I'd reccomend a hardtail XC bike as an all purpose machine. Get set of road wheels and off road wheels and you are gold.

Look, dont cheap out on a cheap big box store bike. They dont ride well, parts are non existant, and to reiterate, dont ride well. You should enjoy biking, and not be fighting your bike. Look to spend $1000 US and you will get a solid reliable bike that is 10x better expierence than some cheapo $500 bike from walmart. Gonna last you longer becuase parts are available and swappable.

T.mountain biker.

Get an extra set of wheels for road biking, they can be bought second hand and tuned up by a shop for under $200. Its worth it.
I only own a hog of a mountain bike, and sometimes Ill take it out on a ride at the beach trails which is all paved. Its fine but the wheels and tires are overkill and add alot of friction, a set of skinny road wheels+tires is like a 5-10km/h difference for the same amount of work.

>5 years
try 40

Fuck I used to love cycling but I hate having to buy tools and parts all the time. I'll literally put 120 miles a week on my bike if I have one. I can't part with my shekels so I've devolved to running.

Thanks for the tip mate. Sounds like it would be worth it.

>mad gasfags
you are literally spreading plague in the atmosphere. how do you even have an argument

?... and what are you spending on shoes?

good running shoes are like $70 and they last a long time

Can anyone tell me if this would work with a 6'6 guy: amazon.com/Mongoose-mens-Dolomite-Tire-Bike/dp/B00J7J40TM/

Is Mongoose a good brand?

Any upgrades I could do to make it work?

>amazon.com/Mongoose-mens-Dolomite-Tire-Bike/dp/B00J7J40TM/
>Is Mongoose a good brand?
>Any upgrades I could do to make it work?

Pic related is bike.

Also thoughts on this bike for someone 6'6: amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y1N23ZN

Pic related.

Get the 29er.

every other recommendation is shit.
modern road bikes are useless for anything other than road riding in nice weather, and anything with suspension in the sub 1k range is going to be half assed because 1k is not enough to do a decent job with every component so everything suffers.
cruisers are heavy and slow.
if you can, get an old school steel road bike or:

look for a good all around steel frame in the "gravel grinding" category.
steel is a bit heavy but has amazing durability, reparability and ride quality.
a gravel grinder or cyclocross frame will be sporty enough for the road and stable enough for the back roads and gravel and dirt paths. the most it would take is a pair of thin slick tires for the road and fat slightly treaded tires for off road. that's a tiny price to pay for that much versatility

>IMPORTANT
if you want any kind of usability from your bike, get one with rack and fender mounts and at least some tire clearance, you'll be amazed at how quickly riding with a backpack gets old.

there are great frames like this available in the $500-$700 range. find all the other bits second hand or discount and you've got a bike for 1-2k depending on budget and how good your bargain hunting is. remember, spend more on getting a frame that will last a lifetime, and then you can upgrade the rest of that parts over time as you see fit.

I'd suggest looking at salsa cycles, kona bikes, van dessel, jamis renegade, raghleigh tamland or anything else under the steel category of this list
cyclingabout.com/complete-list-of-all-road-gravel-grinder-adventure-road-bikes/

tl;dr steel frame, big tires, lots or mounting points, check the link for the steel catagory

mongoose does make some nice bikes, but those are in the the high end category and cost just as much as anything else out there
examples: mongoose selous (sport, comp, expert) mongoose.com/rus/selous-sport-20520

the dolomite fat bike on the other hand is built to a budget like you wouldn't believe. for $200 it's actually not bad. but you have to remember that not being bad for a $200 bike does not make it good in any way. if you just want something to play or fuck around with for cheap, go for it. if you don't believe me, listen to this guy.
youtube.com/watch?v=e9JGxBJ5hw8

as for idk as much about bmx, but a good bmx should be bomb proof, especially considering that a real bmx bike takes a harder pounding than your mother. the alloy frame probably isn't the best choice

>tfw i overtake dozens of butthurt drivers like these guys everyday

I'm moving overseas and since I won't have a car, I would like to start riding bicycles more since I'm a curlbro with chicken legs. I feel like the heat and humidity will make me one soggy cunt before work though

you're probably buying the wrong parts and tools, user... i own 2 bikes, use them as my only transportation, and i spend around us$15 per month maintaining both of them.

What about roller blading?

What do you call these types of bicycles?

scrap metal

/n/ what are you doing here?

What's the hardest part about roller blading?

Telling your dad your gay.

oddly enough I've only gone there looking for help finding the kind of bike that fits my wants and needs and leaving discouraged.

I'm not into racing at all. I got a "real" bike a year ago and like to do things myself and have found the bike I got and most other offerings out there woefully inadequate and over specialized.

I just want a bike that's easy to work with, is very versatile, and is durable. Especially since I want to trek from the east to west coast of the US over the summer. and don't have limitless disposable income.

i've just noticed that in america bikes are seen as fancy playthings and expensive sports equipment instead of practical machines used for transportation. Fancy bikes are similar to snow boards or skis, or golf clubs.
I want more than that out of a bike

lurk the /bqg/ thread on there for a week, it's hit and miss but decent enough.

us amerifats have a big country so biking everywhere isn't practical, but i keep my hybrid at the office and my road bike on my car. metro area fags might get by on a bike but for the rest of us that live innawoods so we can do /k/ and /out/ shit, we gotta have a car or motorcycle.

that's a bonanza bike from the late 60s

thanks for the advice freindo, although it's a little to late, I plane to leave in about two weeks so I can't just sit around waiting for the deal of a lifetime to come up. I'll just rig up some frankenstein shit with what I have.

I just wish I had the knowledge I do now when I bought my bike. Instead of spending 400 on a bike, and then another 200 on shop work over the year, and now figuring out it doesn't do what I want it to, I would have either just put down 5-600 on a good frame and put it together myself or snatched up a good second hand bargain on ebay for 8 or 9 hundo. oh well

Bikes be like that yo. One day you think you'll go into walmart and buy a 'schwinn' to 'get into cycling', next thing you know you're piecing together dura-ace/ultegra/105 parts and geeking on gear inch charts. Not to mention the Strava whoring. Yes I'm one of those fags with my phone mounted next to the cycle computer.

>bike so much i sold my car
>you can find me inna gym (which i bike to) doing leg-presses, squats, and stairmaster every other day

am i gonna make it brahs?

I ride 30-40 miles a day on a XC bike to/from work + gym + appointments

you eating 3-4,000 calories a day?

eh, that's a bit much for me but I totally get the appeal.
I'll use the tools and things I have quite heavily so they better be able to take a beating, but I'll also make sure to learn about and be prepared to fix it when I need to.
for me, I'll be obsessing over an all out custom made steel frame. once I have that I should be set. I'll just slap on decent mid range components, nice performance but not too over the top to be impractical for the average joe, and I'll be set

I ride my bike every single day because no car and the leg gains are negligible.
My legs are more conditioned now but they aren't bigger or anything.
And I'm one of those autists who stays in the hardest gear the entire ride no matter what.

>flat bar
>road bike

pick one

Are there any folding bikes worth getting?

>mad gasfags
>unironically shows himself in public on a fucking pushbike

Picked this up for $50 last week. Been riding like 5km every couple of days and love it

get off the road faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=zBFFrsvgu1Y

>all the mad carfags in this thread

Biking = fitness what are you even doing on this board you lazy spoiled cunts

That doesn't excuse your shit road behaviour. Also, you cause me to unnecessarily brake and accelerate more often than if you just used the fucking sidewalk, and as such you are contributing to emissions too whether you like it or not
Also you didn't respond to any of the quoted arguments neither did you present your own

Re: leg gains, cycling doesn't produce them.

I've cycled my entire life and had skinny legs. I ride fixed with 87inches in a hilly city, so if anything was gonna get you leg gains that'd be it. I also regularly go on longer rides and my commute is essentially a sprint. Cycling is great for cardio, for psychological and emotional wellbeing, for the enviornment, etc., and most of all for knowing youre better than plebs in metal coffins.

Get a brompton. First weekend I tried one I did over 250km. Savage things and the best fold by far.

btw, I also own 2 cars (because I only have space for 2). I come from a family of mechnics and car nuts (I learned to drive in my dad's 1980 911), I'm a member of my country's advanced motorist association, and have studied (and continue to practice) roadcraft (I'm a fucking nerd when it comes to driving, studying books and youtbe videos all the time).

The simple fact is though, that if you can override your cognative disonance, you should be be cycling. There's very few people in the world who would not benefit from more cycling. Similarly, the bicycle is an increible invention - every single bike in existance makes the world a better place, no matter how shitty - someone can gain from it - whereas there are only a handful of cars that make the world better; works of art, utility vehicles.

America is the most car-cucked country in the world and you see it by every metric measuring health, happiness, stress levels, commuting times, polution, etc.

>dude the future lmao
>dude everythings connected to facebook lmao
>dude everything runs on big batteries lmao

>every single bike in existance makes the world a better place

except for my shit fucking bike and its shit chain that decides to fall off the fucking gear every time i push the pedal down

I like this, but of course it's nonsense...

In the UK there is not 'road tax'.
The notion that a bike 'emits' x amount of carbon dioxide in it's construction only further highlights how much better bikes are than cars, in this regard. There's no comparison between the carbon footprint of a car and a bike.

Also, in the UK, studies have shown that cyclists are less likely to break the law than motorists. However, when motorists break the law the consiquences are far more dier. If this animation had a driver mounting the curb in his car we'd think it was some GTA shit, but the cyclist mounting a pavement is only an issue if they are a characture with no brain.

This best thing about the posts on this thread, and the video you posted, are that they are the last paniced spasms of a bunch of people who's 'very way of life is challenged'. Comical stuff.

Yeah, replace the chain, or the block. Easy. Cost you less than 20 quid.

Reminder to shave youre legs

Yes, fellow goy! Driving is for real men: relaxing in your car, in traffic, as you travel from the suburbs—it's true freedom, and I enjoy paying for the privilege.

>not wearing aero shoe covers with your Aeroad
>being this much of an aerolet

>Is the bike insured? Does it have a license plate? If a biker runs a red and gets hit by a car, is the biker at fault?
>If all 3 are positive then I want to live where you live, because here bikers are premium pedestrians that take up a lane for their obnoxiously low speed and bad road behaviour.
Lrn2drive m8, you're obviously shit at it.

A car is a 2,000 pound bullet you retard. Your questions are worthless.

Rear brake only. Why.

>car and pushbike cucks, when will they learn?

I wanna be your friend. Do you live in NY?

Would you prefer only being able to brake the front?

Is this legal?

Fix it jackass

It is illegal in my country to ride on a sidewalk
God are you really upset at children on bikes because the road doesn't feel like it belongs to you ?
And how the fuck bikes produces CO2

>laughs at you with panache

>tfw driven my cargo bike into cars a few times
>pretty big scratches every time because of the rack that sticks out in at the front

>pushbike
I don't even understand what you're talking about

When fit said cycling is optimal for gains they didn't mean a bike you retard.

A bike with no motor.

>tfw I heard the other day that my friend was paralysed from the arms down in a motorcycle accident

Your smug sense of superiority is not worth the exponential risk of injury.

I am great at driving, fuck off
>Drives his bike on the same lanes as 2000 lb bullets
>Expects said bullets to conform by his rules
>Calls others retards
If I were on a wheelchair I wouldn't complain the stairs aren't convenient enough for me, I'd just use the ramp or elevator
>is illegal in my country to ride on a sidewalk
Great. I hope there are bike lanes that bikers can use instead of clogging up the car lanes
>God are you really upset at children on bikes because the road doesn't feel like it belongs to you ?
What? No
If they use the bike lanes, they are good to go
If they use the car lanes it doesn't matter if they are kids or grownups, they are exhibiting poor road behaviour
>And how the fuck bikes produces CO2
Reread my post

>>Drives his bike on the same lanes as 2000 lb bullets (in accordance with the law)
>>Expects said bullets to conform by his rules (in accordance with the law)

>Just because something is deontologically correct it means that it is also pragmatically correct
It is also in accordance with the law Atjat fatties get proper health care despite making zero effort to lose weight, costing dearly to the national health care system

>Atjat
that*

Is passing bikes this close legal?

Nice bike senpai

>I am too dumb to carry on a dynamic conversation so I will keep on saying the same thing over and over again in hopes of convincing the other party
>An image macro is sure to aid in my success! Take that, gascucks!
Wow, I'm beat. When do I get to suck your cock?

not in England, Scotland or Wales

there's no conversation to be had. you are a driver who doesn't like cyclists, even when they abide by the spirit and letter of the laws. that is the content of everything you have said. there is nothing to discuss

Cage-cuck tears are the sweetest and saltiest of all

Underrated

wtf i heard that cycling kills your leg gains

look at pro tour de france riders, they mostly have skinny legs

>Cyclists should break the law because I don't like cyclists and break the law by endangering them

GC riders are usually pretty skinny because they have to be fast in mountains where weight matters
They can put out a lot of power relative to their bodyweight, road sprinters are pretty big because they just have to put out tons of power for the sprints. Track sprinters are even bigger.

>these mad cageys
crying with laughter
rolling down the road and i notice an angry driver behind me. Oh, what's that? you want me to slow down? of course. Sorry, you think I should be more central in the lane? How considerate of you, no problem. Which direction are you headed? well what a coincidence! i'm headed the same way

so much mad Veeky Forums lads ITT

No joke, rollerblading around as a way of transportation is fucking A+. It's so weird that it isn't more popular. It's fast as fuck, it's fun, and you can do it on sidewalks.

only if your a girl tho

do you want to be called a faggot by everyone? get a fucking bike