Is USA an Anglo nation, or German nation?

I don't know whether most Americans have English or German roots, please explain?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_non-Hispanic_white_population
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germans_from_Russia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No they have Mexican roots

>Ohio
>British
Yeah nope.

Literally why does it matter?
You wanna be British go to England
You wanna be German go to Germany
When you decide you wanna be American hit us back up

wew lad

But they are mostly of Anglo Herritage, and its a fact.

Americans have a substantial amount of German ancestry, but it doesn't mean much since German-Americans retained little to no German culture.

user probably controlled for what he considers “pure European stock” Because white people seem to forget Spain is in Europe

Why are Americans always harping on about their Irish/German/English ancestry? Seems like they dont want to be American

anglicized g*rmanics

almost as bad as if niggers adopted the ethos of the jew

t. Never been to the Midwest

in terms of english being the defacto official language, and our laws and founding ideals based on anglo ones, then yeah. America is not anglo from an ethnic point though

Reminder that "British" = a mix of Briton, German, French and Danish

And what exactly does that have to do with anything?
My ancestry says a few million years ago somebody like me was fucking and dying in central Africa, the fuck kind of bearing does that have on me?

''The index of inconsistency is high and many if not most Americans from English stock have a tendency (since the introduction of a new "American" category in the 2000 census) to identify simply as "Americans" or if of mixed European ancestry, identify with a more recent and differentiated ethnic group. In the 1980 United States Census, over 49 million (49,598,035) Americans claimed English ancestry, at the time around 26.34% of the total population and largest reported group which, even today, would make them the largest ethnic group in the United States. Eight out of the ten most common surnames in the United States are of English origin or having possible mixed British Isles heritage, the other two being of Spanish origin. Scots-Irish Americans are for the most part descendants of Lowland Scots and Northern English (specifically: County Durham, Cumberland, Northumberland and Yorkshire) settlers who colonized Ireland during the Plantation of Ulster in the 17th century.''

This, Germans are the European equivalent of Mexicans, we're just lucky that they're robotic tendencies make them easier to be around

>Texas has more English than Spanish despite being a majority Hispanic and minority white
Your quote is cute but your map is still wrong.

No, its not wrong you dumb fuck, and its not my map, I am not OP.

Texas is majority Non-hispanic.

I allways though the robotic Ordung Drones was a meme.

No user that map is not right because English was the majority ancestry in Texas in the year 1980. Currently as of the past 5 years Spanish superseded it.
27% English in 1980 was he majority
37% Spanish in 2010 is the current majority

The meme is true but only applicable to autistic Prussian Lutherans. Bavarians are definitely not ordnung people, they're the typical jovial folksy Catholics.

>Spics
>White

Take it up with OP’s map, my argument has been that Texas was not majority Anglo or “white” you illiterate fucking Prussia pro

Whats really funny is that Prussians themselves were not even fucking Germanic, but Balto-Slavic.

Texas IS majority white, you dumb fucktard.

>spics
>white

There is more whites than Spics, dumb fuck.

>one drop rule
Might as well say the US is a Cherokee nation since we all have 1/16th

It literally isn't.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_non-Hispanic_white_population
>44.3%

You called?
>This is a load of shit and you know it.
>Back in the eighties, British was the single biggest census category, bigger than both Irish and German, at over 25%. What happened since then? Did we have a huge influx of Krauts and Micks? And huge expulsion of our Brits? No, we added the "American" category. And many old settler-descendants, ones who had been here since the foundation of this nation, checked that.
>Also, even then, I'd estimate that an even larger portion of the populace who are mainly British-American check an other box on the census. Why? Because they feel closer to some more recent member of the family. For example, if one has a German grandmother, and otherwise stretches back to 1680 with only British roots, that person would be likely to check German, since that's the closest contact to foreign culture he has, as British-American culture simply evolved into American culture.
>For example, my mother is 1/4 Swedish, and is otherwise completely old-stock English-American, but she checks Swedish on any census.
>Personally, I'd reckon we're over a third primarily British, and over half, just counting whites.

This pasta is so clueless and wrong but the retard who spams it (you) never actually addresses the criticism.

>we all have 1/16th
Literally none of us do.

It really isnt. I went to school in South Dakota after coming from the Virginia, and every kid dressed the exact same, every kid did exactly what they were told when they were told, and they were all 3 inches taller on average. It was definitely a night and day difference.

Good job user, you got the point!

What's wrong?
It's right here, too.
It makes some assumptions, like majority Brits being over half of whites, but that's pretty realistic.
I have literally never gotten any criticism whatsoever from posing this. I don't even think I've gotten enough replies to it to need two hands to count.

Most "Germans" in the Dakotas are Volgadeutsche, basically Russians who claim to be German because their great grandpa owned a German shepherd once.
Pic related is how they look, Boris Yeltsin tier.

I though Germans in America are at more individualist that their forefathers from Germany.

>English culture is American
American culture is regional, and it may be a shocker to you but the area known as New England does indeed have a smattering of English culture

>Implying

Russians couldn't even imigrate to USA you silly moron.

They are if they grew up around Anglo-Americans, if they grow up around other Germans though they'll revert to their natural Ordnung state

>You wanna be British go to England

lol

Are you saying that guy doesn't look German? I'm curious how you distinguish a "Russian look" from a "German look".

You could always try one of the other commonwealth nations if you’re too stupid to make it in the motherland, brother.

There was a heavy wave of cultural anglicization during the wars because of anti-German sentiment, so Müller became Miller, Schneider became Taylor etc. German-Americans born in the first half of 20th century tended to claim Anglo ancestry more commonly than the generation of their fathers for this reason and the sharp increase of Germans on census in the 1980s was because this generation slowly died out.
Also what you ALWAYS ignore is that even if you combine the "English" and "American" ancestral groups, the German demographic would still be larger.

THe culture of the early Americans, which was, by and large, based upon the British cultures that the colonists hailed from, evolved, over time, into the modern American culture. Yes, even in areas with few English-Americans, as they assimilated into the overarching culture. Of course, this culture did have regional varieties, and those regional varieties, and even the culture at large, had influence from other immigrant cultures, but British culture made up the backbone of American culture.

And the German demographic is bloated by people who are mainly British but have some German blood. So is the Irish demographic.

>being this much of an uneducated retard
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germans_from_Russia

This is a claim pulled out of your ass.

Maybe like 100 years ago gramps but the backbone of american culture is called Southern California and it has very little to do with the English style culture you’re speaking of that we find on the northeast coast.
I can only assume you’re a yank who’s never left the tri city area but rest assured, there isn’t a unified culture in a country the size of Europe.
Which reminds me, why exactly is it believable that Europe has multiple different cultures within spitting distance of eachother but in America it’s heresy to suggest?

Your claim that all those British figures were bloated by Germans wanting to cut ties with WWI and WWII Germany are taken out of your ass.
You are a retard to suggest that Southern Californian culture makes up anything like the backbone of American culture, and even to say that Common Law-following, English-speaking, Shakespeare-reading Southern California doesn't have a culture derived from British culture.
Europe has had ages to develop many culture, in times when travel was difficult. Many areas have only been really populated for a hundred or two hundred years, and have had extensive contact and immigration from the rest of the US. It's just plain stupid to say that different region of the US are a sixteenth as differentiated as different regions of Europe.
And I'm not from anywhere near New York.

No, anglicization is a well documented phenomenon. Brits claiming to be Germans is an asspull.

>''The index of inconsistency is high and many if not most Americans from English stock have a tendency (since the introduction of a new "American" category in the 2000 census) to identify simply as "Americans" or if of mixed European ancestry, identify with a more recent and differentiated ethnic group. In the 1980 United States Census, over 49 million (49,598,035) Americans claimed English ancestry, at the time around 26.34% of the total population and largest reported group which, even today, would make them the largest ethnic group in the United States. Eight out of the ten most common surnames in the United States are of English origin or having possible mixed British Isles heritage, the other two being of Spanish origin. Scots-Irish Americans are for the most part descendants of Lowland Scots and Northern English (specifically: County Durham, Cumberland, Northumberland and Yorkshire) settlers who colonized Ireland during the Plantation of Ulster in the 17th century.''
Anglicization concerned culture, not what country people identified as the home of their ancestors on censuses. And even then, why would people raised by Germans claiming to be English suddenly realize that they're German and start saying that on censuses en masse?

Once again user, combine "American" and "English" groups and contrast it to the German group.

>common law

Common law is a fair point,
>English speaking
makes me giggle, is Canada no longer culturally English because French is an equal language to English in their government?
>Shakespeare reading
My sides lmao, Americans read Shakespeare once in high school and forget about him, that’s grasping at straws and you know it.
>all this filler
Yet you’ve obviously never been to any part of America than New England. I’ll just let you find out for yourself when you feel like it. I’d love to see what English heritage you’ll run into in Southern California
Christ almighty euros are retarded.
>had time to develop other cultures
Also had time to move multiple other cultures to America, not just English.
ya do know we’re a country built on accepting non English cultures right?

If you can't tell Russians and Germans apart you're either blind or retarded.

Admittedly the Red Army can be blamed for that.

>New England
Only the rural areas there are still English. The exception is Maine where even the rural areas are French.

>this meme again

Take it up with him, my argument is that any of his “english“ culture he speaks of is mainly predominant in New England (even then the colonists kind of had their own way of doing things ie the extremely common town hall meetings they still do)

Compare that in the eighties.
>makes me giggle, is Canada no longer culturally English because French is an equal language to English in their government?
I never said that. The areas that speak French are culturally Quebecois, a French culture, while the rest are culturally English. The official language isn't the point.
>My sides lmao, Americans read Shakespeare once in high school and forget about him, that’s grasping at straws and you know it.
Americans read and write in a style derived from British culture. All of our movies share many points with English theater.
>Yet you’ve obviously never been to any part of America than New England. I’ll just let you find out for yourself when you feel like it. I’d love to see what English heritage you’ll run into in Southern California
>Christ almighty euros are retarded.
I'm from the Midwest.
>Also had time to move multiple other cultures to America, not just English.
>ya do know we’re a country built on accepting non English cultures right?
Those non-English cultures might have added a token thing here or there, but, by and large, they assimilated. They converted to the English-derived culture of the Americans.

You are a retard if you think Southern California is one thirty-second as distinct from, say, Ohio culture, as even Prussian and Bavarian cultures are from each other.

>80s are more relevant than modern census because it fits my agenda

>Ohio culture
Not him, but I'm from the Cincinnati area and our culture has been influenced by Germans pretty heavily, because most of us descend from 19th century German immigrants. Southern California is culturally a Jew-Mexican cesspit.

>the official language isn’t the point
Then you’d know that in SoCal you’re just as likely if not more likely to encounter a Spanish speaker. Spanish isn’t the official language, so you agree with my point there?
Quebec has been around as long as the colonies and Canda proper, why is it an exception?
>reading and writing
Fair
>movies and media
Other way around mate. Our plays like broadway at English but the English definitely take notes from Hollywood, like everyone else in that biz, which accounts for the similarities.
>I’m from the Midwest
Ah, the cultureless farmland in the middle. That explains a lot.
We’re done here. Just because your regional culture is the least interesting in the world doesn’t mean the rest of ours are.

Because it's correct and from before the current wave of "muh heritage"-ism where people clearly show that they have no pride for the real founders of this nation, the British colonists.
It pisses me off when people who just want to feel national pride instantly go to some jackass country in continental Europe, instead of the men we should be proud of, men I'm proud to call my ancestors.
Anyway, you have yet to prove that Germans started identifying as British on censuses during the wars, and their children started identifying as German once again.

>Because it's correct
lmao

No the 2000 census would fit more into your criteria as it’s recent and not close enough to the 2010s
you just realized that demographics in a immigrant country are consistently changing and looked for the last one that fit your narrative, 30 years ago or 300.

Shut up you fuckin retard

>Then you’d know that in SoCal you’re just as likely if not more likely to encounter a Spanish speaker. Spanish isn’t the official language, so you agree with my point there?
The language of the individual is the point. Spics are very clearly their own group, and I'm not talking about them.
>Quebec has been around as long as the colonies and Canda proper, why is it an exception?
It's an exception because they literally speak French today. The rest of Canada doesn't, aside from a few areas in New Brunswick.
>>movies and media
>Other way around mate. Our plays like broadway at English but the English definitely take notes from Hollywood, like everyone else in that biz, which accounts for the similarities.
Our Hollywood has ancient roots still in English theater. It has developed into its own thing, very clearly, but it's part of the British cultural family.
>Ah, the cultureless farmland in the middle. That explains a lot.
We literally have the same culture as you. Get over yourself, you special Californian snowflake.
>We’re done here. Just because your regional culture is the least interesting in the world doesn’t mean the rest of ours are.
Literally not an argument.
The demographics aren't changing that quickly. Tell me about the German and Irish wave of immigration in the early 2000s. And tell me about the English-American purges. I'm fascinated by this little-known history.

Connecticut, New York, and NJ are all Italian

Americans are an extremely diverse people, and it's beautiful

t. Cuahtemoc Alvarez

>No actual answer
Do you educate yourself with memes?

>excluding English and Spanish which is literally 99% of America
Into the trash

So Spanish people can’t be american because they don’t fit your criteria of English speaking British stock white lads?
Boy you will hate everything except Nebraska, I can tell already.
>the rest of Canada doesn’t
>aside from...
Sounds like they do, and sounds like an official language the government recognizes.
USA federal govt makes documents in Spanish too by the way.
>ancient roots
Ah, the old “this trope is English so all tropes are English” meme.
>Midwest
>same culture as Texas
Stay in school sonny boy
>literally not an argument
I agree, it’s more like a training session for boxing at this point. You really need to work on that left hook.
And well hooks in general. You’ll never catch anyone like that.

>the demographics aren’t changing that quickly
Explain the census, it kind of literally measures the change of demographic.
Oh and give me an actual citable source, preferably one with as much authenticity as an official US document

Texas is a mixed bag, North Texas is effectively midwestern, I don't know how the fuck is DFW different from Oklahoma City other than size. East Texas is the South (Louisiana, Arkansas) and West Texas is the Southwest (New Mexico, Arizona).

>So Spanish people can’t be american because they don’t fit your criteria of English speaking British stock white lads?
I'm talking about the general culture, the culture of people who have assimilated, not the culture of recent immigrants.
>Sounds like they do, and sounds like an official language the government recognizes.
>USA federal govt makes documents in Spanish too by the way.
That one little area is also Quebecois. The government's recognized languages aren't relevant, we're talking about the language of the general population of citizens who've been here for a generation or two.
>Ah, the old “this trope is English so all tropes are English” meme.
Our tropes are derived from British tropes.
>>Midwest
>>same culture as Texas
>Stay in school sonny boy
Literally not an argument. I've been to other areas of the country, the cultural differences are minimal.
>I agree, it’s more like a training session for boxing at this point. You really need to work on that left hook.
>And well hooks in general. You’ll never catch anyone like that.
Jesus Christ, you are such a smug retard. You have made no real arguments, and strut around like you've won. What happened to "I'm done with you?"
We haven't had huge influxes of Germans or Irishmen.
The logical explanation for their population boom and the English decline is people claiming different ethnicities on the census, for whatever reason.
Literally small areas that are nowhere near being the general culture, or different segments of the general culture.

Es una nación de criaturas...

North Texas is effectively Texan.
That’s the problem with y’all, is you refuse to see that aside from Austin’s weird ass Texas has a unified culture separate from the southwestern/southeastern/Midwest cultural regions.
Also why I think lads have such a hard time understanding why we say we’re from Texas instead of the USA when we talk to foreigners.

>small areas
>DFW is literally one of the biggest metro areas in the country

>Florida

Fucking Haitians.

Are you completely retarded?

FPBP

>recent immigrants
>every Spanish person in SoCal is a recent immigrant
Imagine being this sheltered.
>we’re talking about the language of the populations of citizens who have been here for multiple generations
>no Spanish people have been in the US for more than a generation
>all tropes are English tropes
>b-b-but i wasn’t observant enough to pay attention to regional cultural variations or more likely was too young to care
Uh?
>smug
Yes
>retard
Not quite.
And I obviously decided I wasn’t done with you, hence the continued replies.
Any other silly questions?

There are no Spanish people in SoCal, only mestizo shitskins.

Like I do honestly wonder if you know that Texas California Arizona and New Mexico were literally Spanish and Mexican colonies before the US took them in?

What’s the difference? Last I checked it was just gang affiliation.

>What's the difference between a white person and a mulatto?

One of them is going to be a shitposter on a Holocaust denial board and the other will become a well adjusted chad?

I do honestly wonder if you know Arizona had a population of just 8000 people during the Civil War and most of those were natives like the Navajo and the Apache?
Mexishits who nowadays claim to be native Arizonans are literal LARPers.

>Americans
>chad

Good thing I’m from Texas and only mentioned New Mexico and Arizona in my list because it felt unfair to put Cali and Texas on the same list. They’re worlds apart.

Chad is indeed a very american name!

The Anglo himself is just a filthy g*rmanoid in denial, so what does it matter?

When people talk about Prussian they usually mean the German population of Brandenburg-Prussia, not old Prussians

Texas and California are both Mexican shitholes. Arizona is not.

You’re right, Arizona is just a shithole. No good food or fine brown women to even keep anybody important around.
Arizona and New Mexico exist to give me abandoned roads to tear up during the spring and summer months, when I want to be somewhere economically independent I can always go back to Cali or Texas and not participate in the net draining of the US economy.

>poverty-stricken Texaspic calling anything a shithole

Still has general American culture. The only outliers are Mexicans, really.
Where, exactly, are the masses of Spanish people in Southern California? And how, exactly, are they the representitive of the region? That's like calling an Amish man the picture of the average Pennsylvanian.
They made very few cultural contributions, most of which have ended up minor quirks to the local varieties of general American culture.