Fell for the lifting, doing cardio...

>fell for the lifting, doing cardio, and eating healthy on a consistent basis will greatly improve your mental health meme

Anyone else?

It's better then the drinking will make the pain go away meme.

It only made it worse. Now I obsess over acheiving perfect physical health and get stressed that I can never seem to break out of DYEL mode

Not a meme. I at least feel human after my 3rd drink.

Yeah but I bet you don't feel human the next morning.

>he still gets hangovers

Why not do both?

I never have hangover. I just do some stretches and take a shower and I'm good to go.

I've been lifting for 5 years, my psychiatrist and psychologist might soon be giving me recommendations for autism-bux because of my mental issues.

I originally started lifting in the hope that it would fix my issues - if anything I've just got worse over the years.

works for me

Oh yeah, and my dad drives me to the gym, I can't drive or use public transport because AvPD, and I only go to the gym at times when it's mostly empty (9AM or 9PM).

This. Viewing pics of perfect physiques for at least an hour a day on here over a long time has completely fucked my perception of the human body and what I must accomplish to feel adequate. Its just added that on top of everything I had prior, though lifting did fix my insomnia which plagued me for years.

It's hard to tell if you have a good physique or not, especially when there is no outside opinion.

It's better to strive obsessively and never be recognized than not at all. How do you even know when you've "made it" aesthetically? Or even if you're no longer a skinny fuck?

Body dysmorphia is real.

I've been out of it for 2 years due to circumstances and now that I've finally got a stable life and income again I'm back in the gym. I want to cut to 10% before bulking but even myfitnesspal is now telling me how I'm underweight. I still don't have visible abs (just the belt + V). My gf seems to think I look great but her opinion is obviously biased and I think I look completely DYEL. Won't be satisfied till I have less fat than this and 5-10kg more muscle which is a long way off. I've actually started to like my shape in the mirror now but the last time I saw a picture of me I looked fucking terrible

Here's out to get out of that rut

1. Get Lean
2. Stop looking at pics of naked men on the internet
3. Never look at yourself with a pump, be fully clothed at the gym. Only allow yourself to see your pump once every 2-3 months.

This way when you see yourself without a pump at home, you'll not think you look bad, because you being in a relaxed-state will become your norm. Give yourself a treat once every few months to see yourself with a pump, but don't over do it.

that sounds like you are perpetually hung over you dont remember what feeling good actually feels like so you equate the quick endorphin rush from stretching as good

the only pic you should look at is pic related

Lifting gives you every gainz except emotional. The only mental exception is fortitude and disciprine.

Depends on the type and quality of what you drink. I never get a hangover from good whisky but cheap liquor like pic related destroys me. I had mixed results in beer tho.

The only way past a hangover is to drink again in the morning. Don't meme me.
That's called never sobering up.
Exercise will make you feel good physically and that can lift your mood but that's it. Neurological issues can't be cured I don't know why anyone would fall for it.
If I stay awake for a couple hours after I finish drinking It's less likely I'll be hungover. Beer is a wildcard I can be hungover off a 6 pack whereas I can drink liquor and have less problems.

the trick is to fall for the smoking pot meme in between what you're talking about op!