Has anyone else here start to hate video games after they became Veeky Forums...

Has anyone else here start to hate video games after they became Veeky Forums? I used to love playing video games but now it feels like a chore.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cviVhtoAiME
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i love them but whenever i try to play i get a feeling of guilt that i could be doing something more productive. so i stopped playing.

kinda. I don't play them as often. I also watch a lot less anime.

They don't feel fulfilling anymore, that's for sure

the only game I play online is chess

You're just becoming an adult, user

I'm still a degenerate even after becoming fit.

The best part about it is having girls notice you more and being suprised when they find out you like cartoon girls more than them

Haha yes! Even phone apps I don't play anymore. Fell for the fit/lit thing before it was even a meme.

I'm playing LoL right now...

Nope. Did 2 hours at the gym this morning then sent home and played Skyrim until it was time to go to work

let go of the feeling of them wasting your time and you'll enjoy them again

posting here isn't any better

I got into visual novels instead.

I play one (1) video game now. They're just not fun

I don't hate video games, but I've become much more picky with them. Mostly all I play anymore is R6 Siege. I would say the closest way to explain it is to say I don't particularly care about videogames anymore, but I play certain ones that feature things I like.

I enjoy videogames from a hobbyist's perspective now.

I am designing my own actually. What better than to graduate from consumption to creation? I still love vidya.

I rarely play them anymore, and when I do it's almost always just as a social thing to do with friends, like how I might play a board game.
Sometimes I play older single player games, like half life 1 and 2 or the starcraft campaigns, but it's pretty rare.
Anyway, it's certainly improved the other aspects of my life, so I'm happy with the loss of interest.

for a little bit, but then i got back into them when i discovered the Souls games

let me shill a little video i made for titanfall 2
youtube.com/watch?v=cviVhtoAiME

I have grown to hate them with a passion and only occasionally touch them. They have taken too many days I will never get back, days I could have used making real memories.

Replace "video games" with "women" and your post is even more Veeky Forums related

Because becoming Veeky Forums sounds like it came with a whole bunch of other things. You hitting the gym hopefully resulted in your studying harder/working harder, hanging out with friends more, doing more with life in general. Getting fit isnt just the gym only the way many treat it but its also part of a lifestyle that involves more. Its this more stuff that slowly pushes your vidya out of the way, not the lifting alone. Why come home from the gym and play games when you can grab a bite with friends? Why stay up all night playing when you have an 8am lecture?

Getting Veeky Forums didnt stop you playing games, getting Veeky Forums improved your life and your improved life has no place for vidya it seems

this

I love vidya, but I cut down on my playing because I know I'll get addicted again and lose my gains. fat->fit. never going back.

I only play pdox games or football manager. I occasionally fire up an emulator to play an NES game or SNES that I grew up with if I'm feeling nostalgic or if my wife wants to play mario kart

I also play fifa/nhl with friends

vidya on weekends, homework/lifting the rest of the week. pretty comfy but still no gf and i really like vidya.

I'm autistic so i like racking up stats in sports games. It gives a feeling like scratching a misquito bite

i've been thinking of getting back into WoW

i miss it

i'm in the same boat, i own about 8 games. just played through half life 2 for the first time last month and holy hit i was blown away one of the best games i've ever played and it deserves all the hype

Same. Got fit and stopped playing any games (aside from the occasional casual mobile game.)

Sometimes I miss it, but towards the end it just started feeling like a waste of time. All the hours I spent gaming could have been better spent lifting, learning skills, making money, and getting girls.

Yeah I own a ton of games I bought years ago which I never play and regret buying. But I do replay half life 2 at least once a year, and I always enjoy it.

i hated the part with the boat, wayyyyyy to long

I only play Battlefield 1 every once in a while, and I will play 1-2 games every few days. It feels good to be really enjoying something in moderation.

Which one?

Not really. I get good grades lift and do cardio, manage to get laid once in awhile, and still love to play games. I probably still will when I've got a career too

Cool! That must feel really good. I'm glad you have an outlet for that itch.

Yes, but I am looking forward to Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age and Sonic Mania.

I don't play Vidya that much anymore, I'm more into watching Kamen Rider and super sentai after my workouts

>example of how getting fit doesnt cure autism

It just feels like a massive waste of time now.

I have so many games in my steam queue that I hear have good stories and I'd probably enjoy playing, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Rising Storm.

cool. the graphics look like of like butt but i am glad you're having fun

Yeah, it's pretty fun. I used to play Madden 17 religiously, but I've found that I get way too mad at the game and its flaws, and I'd rather not allow myself to intentionally cultivate those negative emotions.

good idea! getting frustrated is never fun. games can feel like jobs too quickly

Games with friends occasionally and single player games very rarely and only if they have a good story.

Since December or so I've beaten Witcher 3 and gotten pretty far in The Last of Us after having both for ages.

But me and like five other people spent last weekend together drinking and we kept switching out until we beat Broforce and kept failing at Enter the Gungeon..

Games aren't really that fulfilling anymore alone tbqh.

>like how I might play a board game

Somehow I've ended up playing board games by myself

It felt like a waste a time after i turned 20 and had a job. Time better spent lifting, improving my life through education, and chasing tail.

user you could’ve spent that time doing something productive.

I still love them like before. I also love lifting too.

I play "CounterStrike" to raise my Test levels before I go to the gym

I don't really play video games but really do enjoy watching other people play. I do it before I go to sleep, pretty comfy and relaxing

Make sure to down a cold one and catch up on the game lmao

I've sworn off time sink games like counter strike or dota, but I still play finite games where there is just a single player bit that you eventually complete.

Yeah but thats Mage Knight, I have only ever been able to play that myself because no one else wants to go through the cluster fuck of a learning process.

i fuckin loved the bit with boat

best bit for me was either the revolution or the siege on the compound with the bug bait

hell the whole game is fantastic

I haven't played video games for about 2 years now and am so out of the loop I'll probably never go back.

I realised it was the end when this whole Overwatch thing started and I have no clue what it was(still don't). Few years ago I'd probably have been all over it.

It's sad because /v/ was my home for like 6 years. I genuinely had so much fun over there.

I stopped playing them to get Veeky Forums since I was burnt out on the. I was tired of them consuming my life and making me feel drained.

Let's hope we get some high level earth and water spells, am I right?

I was growing out of it anyway. Also zelda botw was the best game ever and nothing will top it for a long time so it was good timing

Not really, still game 6h a day on average, I got to the point where after a long ass time I feel like I'm improving on decision making and reflexes.

Boogie oogie

Real men:

>Lift heavy things and put them back down
>Date cuties
>HEARTHSTONE is their only video game (played sparingly)
>Read books
>Play dungeons and dragons with their friends
>Watch RedLetterMedia

Or am I only speaking for myself?

Same, games just aren't as captivating as before.

Are you on xbone perchance?

this kinda

i messed around with unreal engine and unity and game maker and rpg maker for a while

Fighting games like street fighter are the only games I can really play and enjoy now a days. I like the training aspect of it and I do bodyweight and yoga exercises between matches on active rest days. Can't play the escapism type games much. Getting fit has made me stop being a degenerate. Not sure if it's the lifting or the aspect of wanting to improve my self from the gross neet I was.

Are you me?

>Witcher 3? Dropped.
>Tomb Raider 2? Dropped.
>Forza Horizon 2? Dropped.
>Mass Effect: Andromeda? Dropped.

R6 Siege? +300 hours. I might have a combined 60 in each of those other games. Probably won't pick up any more releases this year.

I use to play games a lot. They made me happy, made me less bored, but much of it was just to waste time. Im older now with a career and little time for other hobbies. When I try and get back to playing games, I feel like Im wasting time. I could work out more to get fit. I could focus on my career to become better and make more money. I could go shopping to buy better clothing to look nicer. I could visit friends and family or just hang out with them.

I stopped playing games because I know my time could be better used for other activities I find more fulfilling.

I'm playing it now, my roommate bought it...been sinking a lot of time into it, and it does feel somewhat wasted but the game is so incredible that it's like experiencing a significant cultural phenomenon. (Plus I've played nearly every Zelda game before it and hold a soft spot in my heart for the series) First and last game in a long time for me

Man, I can relate, playing LoL () also new games that are released don't seem excited to me anymore.
>ME:andro
I only played ME1 which I didn't pay for *cough* haven't played any more of the series, that fucking shit shoulder cam I can't fucking stand it.

New games I want to play, but
>Horizon
shitty shoulder cam in combat
>new zelda
not on PC

still have great games sitting on steam backlog, like Dishonored (first one), Skyrim (maybe halfway done) etc.

your not fit and you are a faggot who actually believe video games is making your reflexes and decision making better.
I hate /r9k/fit/
go back

pretty sure this is bait and pretty sure I lift more than you

You play video game for fun. If you don't have fun anymore just stop playing

I used to play everything, now I just play games with choice or rocksmith

Fucking this man. So many times i've loaded a game and just thought "I could be playing with my dog right now for cardio"

I've started to hate video games but not as a result of getting Veeky Forums. I'm in a point in life where i'm going nowhere career wise and feel like i have no purpose in life.

Having a hard time finding joy in anything anymore except lifting and my girlfriend.

yet you still browse this website. this website is much worse than any game will ever be

>The Witcher III
Got bored and dropped

>The Last of Us
Got bored and dropped

>All those free PS Plus games
Dropped

>Discover Souls series
Beat all 5 games in the span of six months and I crave more

>BotW comes out
Sink dozens of hours in it

>Persona 5 comes out
86 hours in already

You guys just aren't playing the right games. The West just fucking sucks at making an engaging game that has a good feel instead of bells and whistles

I only play videogames during the autumn/winter because it sure feels comfy as fuck playing skyrim while its snowing outside with a cup of hot cocoa by my desk. I dont play games during the spring/summe because then my business starts and i increase the frequency of my lifting/swimming training days.

>tfw /v/ Veeky Forums masterrace

you're right though
I got an old PS3 to revisit some games and shit I missed, played Bioshock 1 and Red Dead and they're both dogshit
Persona 5 on the other hand is GOAT, this year so far has been gold for the Japs

Also this. Its not even that entertaining anymore. I get bored after a hour tops of playing vidya

i want to like video games again

but i can't bring myself to play for more than 20 minutes or so

i just want to go back to the days where i could play for 8+ hours without getting bored

Always been fit and always played vidya. So no, I don't hate it. Just have a natural talent for using my mind AND body

I feel guilty and become bored easily when I play them. I now only play games that are in Japanese (language student), but even then, it's hard to enjoy them. However, I still spend time listening to podcasts about video games because I find the media interesting.

>was a fat fuck playing vidya every day
>now a fit fuck playing vidya after gym every day

Not hate, but I realised it's better to level up for real instead of doing so in video games.

I still play every now and then, it's relaxing and fun.

I also do a "lazy weekend" session max once a month or so, it's kinda like a cheat day and quite nice.

playing vidya fucks up my sleeping schedule :(

No, I am part of a clan in a popular game that has made thousands of dollars by winning tournaments (don't ask me which).

For me gaming is a different type of sport. When you can fill in an entire stadium that wants you watch you play, then it means you are doing something important.

I stick to games I played when I was a kid. Fallout 1 and 2, Settlers 2, Tomb Raider. Maybe Starcraft, maybe Diablo 2.

>When you can fill in an entire stadium that wants you watch you play, then it means you are doing something important

t. larper

I do still play some games but somehow just old ones like msg1 and if i play it not more than two hours in like four to five days

Well, he has a point. He is an entertainer like any other. And I'm saying this as someone who doesn't play video games.

>clan
>2017
Grow up grandpa

This. For every hour of games I play I put in 10 on here

I never got into video games. I've never actually played them, unless you count watching my cousin play as a kid or using fucking Club Penguin lel.

Are they really that addictive? I've seen a few let's plays and it seems like I'd be more interested in exploring the environment and climbing over shit rather than shooting or actually doing the missions.

I rarely ever play vidya unless I have friends to play with, be it online or irl.

Its not really so much the games themselves as the false sense of achievement they give you. After years of that in teen years its more a habit than anything. They're also a primary form of escapism for depressed people

>you have no friends in real life
>you start playing video games to kill your time
>you get got at them
>you realize that some people online start to like you because of your skills
>this is the first time in your life that anyone ever liked you
>this gives you the motivation to play more and more
>the better you become, the more people will like you
>you start joining clans
>you start winning tournaments
>you feel like your life is finally worth living

that's how I became addicted.

this

Makes sense. I figured out I'm actually pretty good at socializing and helping people online, but in real life I'm retardedly autistic, so iktfb.