Gym buddies

who has Veeky Forums lifted with?
>age 15/16 - chinky asian bro
back when i first starting lifting neither of us could do a pullup and had no idea what we were doing, but as i improved he started coming with me less and less
>age 17 - 4.0 gpa bro
this guy was more dedicated than i ever was. Got up at 5:00am every day to swim and never missed a workout, but he got a full ride scholarship to UCSD so we parted ways :C
>age 18 - two qt3.14's
they quit coming with me because i was "pushing them too hard"
>age 19 - roommate bro
started lifting with him at uni after he asked to tag along with me to the gym, but slowly stopped coming
>age 20 - gay bro
super fun guy, but was always either drunk or hungover so was a pain to lift with
>age 21/current - magic the gathering bro
lifts a lot less than i do, but he pushes himself and motivates me, plus, he taught me how to play magic

i lift alone

This

This, I have no friends into lifting

Or many in general

>be president of failing fraternity
>new guys are lame, the only older guys by stuck around are lame
>I'm not Mr. Kewl either, but fuck
>new guy comes in, played football, ran track, etc
>literally mini me but skinny and fast, I'm kinda fat but stronk
>get him into lifting, he makes progress
>the look in his face when he told me his dad said that he was looking big
>masculine tears inside, in swelling with pride
>hit PR that day in squat
>later that night, laying in bed thinking about everything
>Actually happy for the first time, even though it's short lived

I'm not even gay, but lifting bros are tight

right now im trying to get my friend swole
she's a highschool chinese mathlete, so you can imagine she's pretty out of shape.. Yesterday she did 20 lb benchpress with dumbells and today did 10lb inclined leg press. Is there hope?

Are you gonna get in her when she's tightened up a bit?

This.

Stopped lifting with others seeing as how they slowed me down and always eventually stop coming.

Waste of time to lift with others imo.

Where is that Veeky Forums find a gym buddy link?

>tight
:^)))

>age 20: Chad
He showed me how to lift in the beginning. Total bro split but we made progress Always had chicks mirin with him around.

>age 21-22 college buddies
Normal dudes who had dedication and discpline to get results. Good times.

>age 23-24: Old friend
Friend i went to middle/high school with who wanted to become a cop so I started training him. He made great progress.

>age 25: alone
My path at this point has parted ways and made it difficult to consistently lift with friends. Such is life. Maybe I'll meet another gym buddy soon.

>Age 14 to 24
My best friend is my gym bro. We go every day, we take turns buying PWO and supplements and share. We sit in the car, taking test boosters with our pre workout in the parking lot behind the gym, getting amped as hell and going fucking psycho in the free weight section.

no, im a brainlet

>20-23 gay roommate bro who taught me how to play MTG

was pretty cool. was a dancer, so he squatted like a beast. hit all my personal bests with him.

lost the space to lift after moving out of that place, only just now getting back to how strong I used to be 6 years ago, but lifting alone sucks, can't really push limits as hard anymore.

>tfw when i tried to get a gym bro but everyone ignores me

I'm trying to get my friend to lift, but all he does is fuck traps. I'm scared one day he'll become a trap who doesn't even lift.

>taught me how to play magic

mirin'
Used to have a group of nerd friends who'd have a game night after school hours in the common room, and we'd order pizza and play MTG all night. Post-workout pizza + MTG = GOAT

>4.0
lmao what a brainlit all the chads have 5.0s now

I agree.

Is there a high incidence rate between fucking traps and becoming a trap? just curious

My brother, I've gotten so much closer to him because of this. He's also very conscious of good form, so he's the perfect lifting partner. Thx bro love u

>17-18 Lax bro
Said he was going to lift in the off season, asked me to join. started doing SS together. Had a real bromance but I fucked that up.
>20 Roomies
After freshman year, figured i should pick the bar back up. got 2 of my room mates to go with me fairly regularly. Helped them with their form, couldn't help them with their lack of gains. still live with one of them.
>23 Alone
Got sad, got fat, no one wanted to lift with me, so i just started going alone. I've been the most consistent workout partner.

MAKE POSES WITH ME

>Age 20
Really fit guy at uni who'd help me with stuff. He left for another uni. I miss lifting with him
>Age 21
Starting bringing my gay friend who'd just want to do abs and lose weight. He stopped going because he wasn't losing weight. Why? Because he lived on burger king and cake.
>Age 22
Started going with gf, she's super motivated to get in shape and is a great learner
Also befriended a bald guy who outlifts me in every lift, but he's pretty rad and only talks about stuff he knows about

All you got to say to her:
If a train leaves New York going south at 90 miles an hour, and another train leaves Philadelphia travellibg east at 60 miles an hour, will you let me put benis in bagine :---DDDDD

>tfw long distance gymbro
>he's in cali while i'm in texas
>he's bulking while I'm cutting
>he's 6'1 swole masterrace while I'm a manlet shooting for ottermode who still wants to be strong
>he squats my deadlift
>he's the older brother I never had

one day i'll fly out there brah

I'm gay, I go w my boyfriend about half the time. It's fun to hang out w him but I never end up doing as well as I do alone. Anyone relate?