What does Veeky Forums think of nootropics?

What does Veeky Forums think of nootropics?

I'm looking at ingredients in Infowars products and am wondering about these, and how they'd help with getting Veeky Forums and healthy:
>Bacopa Herb Extract
>Alpha-GPC
>Yerba Mate Leaf Powder
>Phosphatidylserine
>L-Theanine
>Black Pepper Fruit Extract
>Wildcrafted Black Walnut
>Organic Epazote
>Chicken Bone Broth
>Multi Collagen Complex Blend
>Turmeric Root
>Chaga Mushroom
>Bee Pollen
>Goji Berry Powder
>Alfalfa Herb Powder
>Stevia Leaf Extract
>Tribulus terrestris
>Ashwaganda
>Tongkat ali

Is fucking with your head worth it user?

more like nu-tropics

I tried nootropics a while back, Nootrobox in specific and didn't notice any improvements. The caffeine one got me high as fuck though, I miss those things.

I use to do one called Jubi once a week.

It put me in a really good mood all day long and if I did it on a lift day I would push a lot harder.

Shits expensive though.

Bacopa is legit for memory.

Ashwandha is legit for stress.

Tumeric with piperine is legit for inflammation.

Caffeine and l theanine is leget ( get suntheainine).

Alpha gcp is ok.

Everything else is shit.

Examine.com will give you research.

I take melanotan ii does that count!

bees don't make pollen. flowers make pollen. idiot.

This fucking inflammation thing is retarded. If your body is inflammed, it could be because it's supposed to. Otherwise stop eating garbage that makes you inflamed and let your body do it's yob.

Medical reasons?

You trolling?

Microdose lsd or shrooms.

>nootropics
>doesn't list a single legit one

Shit tier herb extracts aren't nootropics.

Psilocybin best medicine.

>buying supplements from infowars
Great goy

>I'm looking at ingredients in Infowars products
AHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!!

A sucker is born every minute.

>infowars
hahaha

but hey I'm bored
>Bacopa Herb Extract
meme
>Alpha-GPC
good stuff, also huge libido boost, but not in the doses they use it at
>Yerba Mate Leaf Powder
essentially caffeine's little brother, technically nootropic but lol
>Phosphatidylserine
controls cortisol thus reduces brain fog, nothing more
>L-Theanine
sort of meme, at least in their dosage
>Black Pepper Fruit Extract
just potentiates other stuff, still doesn't full mitigate the dosage thing
>Wildcrafted Black Walnut
what
>Organic Epazote
meme
>Chicken Bone Broth
filler
>Multi Collagen Complex Blend
useful in theory, useless when taken in such dosages orally
>Turmeric Root
controls estrogen, thus less brain fuckery
>Chaga Mushroom
meme
>Bee Pollen
what
>Goji Berry Powder
meme
>Alfalfa Herb Powder
what
>Stevia Leaf Extract
for taste? I dunno. no nootropic effects
>Tribulus terrestris
supposed T boost, negative at that dose
>Ashwaganda
cortisol control, breddy nice
>Tongkat ali
supposed T boost, might actually do shit if dosed correctly

stop falling for the alex jones shills, buy whatever you may find useful on its own and supplement that way.

Taking taurin bevore bed which gives me a nice sleep.

I just bought DMAE.
Has anyone tried it?

virgin faggot

ok

As a person whose dabbled, there's only a few that actually work.
If we define nootropics as substances that increase our ability to learn/study, then anxiolytics don't count. Although if you are getting anxious then it does help.

God tier - amphetamine and derivatives, I. E. Adderall, dexamphetine, also Ritalin.
Study all night long no worries. Helps for concentration and memory. No doubt about it. Some people also report modafinil to be effective, although it's really only useful for staying awake imo.
Supplement stimulants with anxiolytics if getting anxious, but shit like Benzos and alcohol will slow down your memory formation. Phenibut is a better option, but highly addictive.

Good tier - noopept, piracetam and analogues, I. E. Aniracetam, oxiracetam,. Etc. Etc. Boosts memory formation. You can get a near photographic memory if you take enough of this with a stimulant. Even caffeine. Gotta take it with a source of choline though. Otherwise massive. Headache. Choline in the form of l theanine is good, but takes half an hour or more to absorb. Alpha gpc absorbs way faster, but more expensive.
Also noopept is really really good. Better than the other racetams. If you dose high on it (and have taken your choline to go with it) it's a really pleasant experience. Vivid colours, you notice subtleties more, Etc.

Average tier - ginkgo biloba. I've found it useful for me, just as a background daily dosing. Others say otherwise. It supposed to increase cerebral blood flow. Never noticed much if a difference. But may be worth trying.

Shit tier - every single herbal garbage op mentioned.

If you're gonna mental /fraud/ at least do it right

Just read the wiki entry on dmae. It's just another acetylcholine precursor.

It's useless.

Think of your brain as an engine. Choline = fuel.

You want something to speed it up (amphetamines) or you want something to make it guzzle down fuel faster (racetams)

Stop buying random shit and do some research first.

spbp

fucking with your neurochemistry with poorly researched extracts/herbs/blends.

wew

Hipster drugs for people who are too scared of real drugs

none of them work for long periods of time

Yerba mate is caffeine but stronger and with no side effects. It does work for focus and me and everyone at universities uses it (argie)

>Otherwise massive. Headache
this so fucking much. never again jesus fucking christ

mild kek, good job

L-theanine isnt a meme but you desensitize incredibly quickly so either megadose or use sparingly

Now imagine if one of those ingredients was "lsd". That would make a huge difference, right? Now imagine that one of those ridiculous ingredients is even more potent to your body chemistry than the effect lsd has on the mind.

I used ash for about 8 months. Started to have anxiety so i dailed back my dose slowly. Anxiety got worse and was starting to really hinder my life. Decided to go cold turkey. First day i sweated like crazy all night but felt better after a week. Symptoms sounded like adrenal fatigue or some shit i cant remember all i know is I would wake up and have anxiety about just getting out of bed. I was on it every single day for 8 months tho. Maybe take a deload it is a gaba antagonist.

The shit works though i always had a great sleep and hit PRs every damn day like nothing. Also gave me trippy dreams. Started at 300mg twice daily worked up to 400 mg twice daily and stayed at that.

Havent tried it since but am tempted it has too many performance enhancing effects. Mainly reducing stress which is huge as fsr as test and recovery goes. Got a bag off amazon for 15 bucks. Bulk is cheaper taste like piss tho.

ashwaganda can give you anxiety?

>Infowars products

no

get your ingredients isolated, take them one at a time.

good nootropics are noopept and the racetams

ashwagandha is great but you can find it at cvs

Yes it's listed as a side effect and from personal experience I dealt with it.

I think my issue was the way I was taking it. I took it non-stop. Ash influences your hormones and after 8 months I feel that my system was just getting burnt out on the assistance from the ash in reducing stress which caused me to get anxiety.

However prior to experiencing symptoms I did not experience any anxiety whatsoever. In fact I would immediately feel GOOD after taking it. Just fucking great and for the rest of the day.

Another thing I didn't mention towards the end in addition to anxiety was brain fog. Again I believe it can be remedied by taking deloads and giving your system a break. Online however when I went to look for what the hell was wrong with me I didn't find anything. I found most people claiming theyve taken it for years nonstop with no side effects. Last I check I was nearing the length of most long term studies which were roughly a year. Most people did not see side effects if any IIRC.

found the rep who thinks fit's population will put a dent in their billion dollar market...

its not that serious laddie

L theamine with caffeine is pretty decent. Not life changing, but mainly takes away the jitter/side effects of caffeine. Worth it anyway, pretty cheap.
Considering modafinil sometime, but don't need it any time soon