Customising the Texas method

Like this
On Monday do both bench and ohp

Wednesday
Body weight,dips,pull-ups burpes.one bicep exercise one tricep exercise

Friday normal

By doing this I can skip going to the gym Wednesday and workout at home which saves me an hour walk (back and forth)to the gym

I work in construction as well so it should be easier on me doing that.

Btw not a noob trained for a good few years now

Or could I even skip the recovery day altogether ? I'm also swimming twice a week and another free day would be good for me.

Don't do TM. It's only suggested by rippetoe fanatics and you can make faster and safer progress on other programs.

he is right

This
Not even competitive powerlifters peak every week
I'll tell you what program to do.
How many days a week can you afford to train and what is your goal?

Well I was going to do it because it seems an easy way to progress and not burn your self out.I can no longer do my old 5 day a week programs they are burning me out and I need more time for other stuff.
I work in construction what burns me out I'm up at 5.30am if I go thengym right after work I'm home for about 7.30pm.

Bump for opinions on TM

I only want to do 3 the most now and it can't be something full whack all the time as it burns me out

Stats of now
79kg weight
Bench 90kg 5rep max
Squat 115kg
Deadlift 160kg

I stopped squatting for a while and been db. Benching the last few months so real lifts may be different

So what should I do ?

2 days weights and then 1 light day at home would be ideal for me

Honestly can't help you man, I work a desk job and study so my experience with lifting includes an otherwise sedentary life. If I worked construction I'd probably just do dips and pullups to purposefully avoid core and legs, because I imagine it would be too exhausting
Maybe it's just me being a faggot but the fact remains that I have no relevant experience and as such I don't have an opinion on your situation
Enjoy your free bump and good luck!

Well when I was doing retail I was hammering it but I just can't hack it any more.

So TM would be good for me.one day volume one day heavy one day recovery two days swimming

Dont do tm if you have other physical obligations or other hindrances to recovery. I have two bros who tried it and didnt last for more than 2 months.

So what should I do ?
If I done A 3 day split how would I work it so I don't do too much but still progress ?

My problem is normally doing a shitload of stuff when I have energy then end up drained for weeks.

My main goal is muscle but I like to try and up the weights each week.Thats what ultimately keeps me going

Please post a similar one for casual every day wear. Thank you.

this, anything ripp says do the opposite he's a fraud

>My problem is normally doing a shitload of stuff when I have energy then end up drained for weeks.

you've gotta ease into it or just stick it out for a while, took me 2 months to adjust to a very high volume routine

do juggernaut method with 2 day split. 1)bench jm/531 dead+assist 2)squat jm/ohp 531+assist
2week 3)Dead jm/531 bench+assist 4)Ohp jm/squat 531+assist
assistance exercise only for first exercise and select westside
programm is in the dropbox

that means you have 3 training days, 2 of them fullbody and 1 calistenics(whatever)

>programm is in the dropbox
What

Ignore the what

Does this mean 4 different workouts ? How would that look day by day week by week

Ignore that poster, he is a spooky skeleton

Wednesday is a meme day, the pull ups and dips are what really matter, I would add pushups

Competitive powerlifters are well beyond weekly (texas method) and even monthly progression you stupid shit.
Texas method is the GOAT intermediate strength routine, anyone who thinks otherwise is a legitimate retard that probably squats

Funny how I could tolerate the volume only when I was sub 2 plate and burned out, and now that I squat 3 plate for reps I think TM is an advanced beginner program and 531 is an intermediate one

Well 5/3/1 actually is a terrible routine actually and iirc Wendler never actually did it he just pulled it out of his ass for money

>Well 5/3/1 actually is a terrible routine actually
Please elaborate, also post body

Not him, but there's too little main-lift volume.

The TM book says you can drop down to 3x5-8 on volume day once you're a ways into the program. Also suggests 10 min rests. You don't have to go up in weight on your volume day every week either. Don't blame the program because you were using too much weight.

He has a point though. Nobody has time for 10 min rests on the regular, and once you lift decent weight it's very demanding recovery-wise. It works if you have plenty of time, food, sleep and little stress, but miss out on some of that and you're gonna burn out. Many people would be much better off with a program that distributes the volume more evenly, the 4-day version is better in this way.

>It works if you have plenty of time, food, sleep and little stress

You can say that about pretty much any worthwhile program though. In some ways TM is a good time saving program because W and F workouts don't take very long. People like OP have a hard time making it to the gym 3 days a week let alone 4.

he forgot to add good genetics.

in practice TM only works for adolescent males with good genetics that eat well.

A good program should let you auto-regulate a bit when you have a bad day due to life happening, but if you're not feeling it on Monday in TM it all falls apart. Also RD and ID are too low on volume compared to what they could be if VD wasn't so harsh, and you could get more total volume (which is what gives gains) during the week if you distributed it more (which is why the 4-day variant is superior). And you really don't need to be testing your max every week anyway.

drop off sets of 5x10 at 60 to 65%
not enough volume. jesus christ m8 i've put 15 pounds on all my other lifts. been running 5/3/1 for 3months

I should really have said intensity-specific main-lift volume, the % is too low for ideal strength gains. It works, like mostly anything, but it's far from ideal.

yes, it's absolutely retarded to increase your strength by an okay margin every week for as long as you can

who even wants to get strong

what this guy said

i was retarded before and went tm for lols and my 5rm went from 125 to 150 in 3 months

and dont skip recovery day, every mod you do since you figure its better is because you're probably inexperienced and there's reasons why the real coaches say how it should be done

its just a template though but stick to an easy way to do it and progress, dont complicate it

There is similar volume for squats, double the volume for both presses and like 11 times more DL volume, all in a more manageable format
>Unironically suggesting 10 minutes rest as good

week1: 1)2)+ cali mo,thursday, sa
week2: 3)4)+cali mo,thursday, sa
week3: 1)2)+cali mo,thursday, sa
week4: 3)4)+cali mo,thursday, sa

the dropbox with the ebooks.

Cali mo ???

As long as you have two days rest between fullbody it doesnt matter

I've done TM for 4.5 months now and I haven't experienced any problems so far. I'm a bit mystified as to why people think it's so hard.

They're betas

Please respond