What made Canada become the more socially progressive and humanitarian country in comparison to the U.S...

What made Canada become the more socially progressive and humanitarian country in comparison to the U.S.? The long lasting British influence?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cKCRHhmHvjg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Sweden effect the more northern a white country is the more cucked its inhabitants will be mentally.

>muh nigger blood

You will never know anything about Canada until you realize that almost all of Canadian politics is part of a long-standing plot to genocide and destroy the Quebecois people.

Why do you think Canada shills so heavily for a diverse nation? Because otherwise they would have to admit that there are two people in Canada - the Anglos and the Quebecois. This wouldn't allow them to attempt to mix and marginalize the Quebecois as just one voice among many.
Why do you think Canada is so big about bringing in foreign language speaking immigrants? To attempt to undermine the position of French as a unique second language in Canada.
Why do you think Canada stresses non-Western history and influence so much? To attempt to undermine the French as the founders of Canada.
Why do you think Canada is so big about progressivism and feminism? To attempt to cut the Quebecois birth rate.
Why do you think that Canada is so strong about native rights? To attempt to balkanize Quebec and take away the northern regions from it.
Why do you think that Canada encourages Islam? To attempt to undermine the Catholic church and the post-Catholic identity which has defined Quebec, to dissolve the Quebecois nation and people.
Why do you think that Canada tries so hard to critique other nations for human rights abuses? To draw away attention from their own genocide of the Acadians.
All of Canadian "progressive", "liberal" and "humanitarian" thought is intended with one goal in mind: to destroy the cultural identity, the historical legitimacy, and the independence of the Quebecois people, and to consume them into a mixed, deracinated Canadian nation which has no place for a unique and fiercely independent people like the Quebecois, to sacrifice Quebecois culture, pride, and identity upon the altar of modern liberalism and globalization.

Shut up you dumb fucking Quebecer. You are leeches on our nation. I wish you stupid fucks weren't too fucking lazy to separate.

Fuck off Frogfag. All you fuckers do is whine and terrorize and whine some more.
You want independence yet leach off the government. I hope you’re right, so we can genocide you damn frogs and take back the land and give it to appreciative Anglos.
t. Ontario

This is high quality bait

I'm a Californian. It doesn't take a genius to see what is happening in Canada and the dead hand of the anglo at work there.

thanks

bon post

>What made Canada become the more socially progressive and humanitarian country in comparison to the U.S.?
Probably the fact that it was less warlike , then Canada had a lot of influences from liberals in the United States draft dodging and living their to avoid going to Vietnam

One day, mon ami, we will shoah these anglo fucks in North America. Stay ready.

If English Canada wanted to destroy French Canadian culture they would have done so back in the late 18th century. Canada "shills so heavily for a diverse nation" because of Quebec. The Quebec Act of 1774 set the precedent of religious/cultural/linguistic toleration in British North America. The 1867 Constitution made education a provincial responsibility, so the secularization of education that diminished the influence of the Catholic Church and subsequently decreased Quebec's fertility rate was brought about by French-Canadian premiers in the 1960s and 70s. Considering "great Quebec nationalist", Catholic premiers like Maurice Duplessis sold huge swaths of northern Quebec forests to American logging companies, I highly doubt that Quebec will lose anything it hasn't already given up by respecting Native land claims. Learn some of your own history before posting.

>Probably the fact that it was less warlike , then Canada had a lot of influences from liberals in the United States draft dodging and living their to avoid going to Vietnam
Canada was one of the US' prime suppliers of military equipment during the Vietnam war. In many respects, the Canadian aerospace industry was platformed on the Vietnam war, and would not have developed without it.

Anglo Canada is about as perfidious as Perfidious Albion.

>If English Canada wanted to destroy French Canadian culture they would have done so back in the late 18th century.
They tried, user, and failed. They were able to destroy the Acadians in Nova Scotia, a small pocket, and force them out, but all of Quebec was too large a task for them. They attempted to destroy them and failed.

>Learn some of your own history before posting.
How ironic, you telling others to learn history. You don't seem to know much of it.

t. anglo

the absence of niggers and a longing to be recognized as relevant.

fuck that was great.
thank you, Quebec-user, for opening my eyes.

There were barely any people in Quebec back then though. I don't think people like yourself realise just how few people lived in French Canada when the British annexed the region.

I took a Quebec history class at a Canadian University taught by a French Canadian. What did you do?

It's bait, Trudeau is the biggest liberal PM Canada has had and he's from Quebec

>post-catholic identity

The British deported the Acadians as they saw them as a population that would rise against them in the event of an invasion from New France (a very unfair assumption and atrocious action). Given that British North America was not threatened by French invasion after 1763, and given the higher population of French-Canadians living in Quebec compared to Acadia, the British most likely saw forceful assimilation, deportation or genocide as needlessly costly. I'm not saying the British are good in their administration of Quebec, but they are at least rational.

I don't post on Veeky Forums often, but does this happen with every Canada thread? It just devolves into pro-Quebec and anti-Quebec shitflinging? Jesus Christ.

Lack of Evangelical Protestantism taking hold.

There weren't many Brits in what became Canada, either.

There were way more French than English in what became Canada. It would have been impossible to pull off a Acadian-style deportation without the entire colony collapsing economically

Trudeau is from Ontario.

j t'adore

Quebec is the spirit of truth and justice set forth on this earth, C*nada is the devil

>There were barely any people in Quebec back then though. I don't think people like yourself realise just how few people lived in French Canada when the British annexed the region.
There were barely any people in Upper Canada back then though. I don't think people like yourself realise just how few people lived in Upper Canada Canada when the British annexed the region.

I'm Canadian and much older than you, lad. And having studied abroad, I'd guess my education is superior to your meager domestic studies, as most Canadians I find to be historically illiterate, like you for example.

>I'm not saying the British are good in their administration of Quebec, but they are at least rational.
Not rational, just Perfidious Albion, user. They shoot who they can, they enslave who they can, they steal what they can.

So this board has effectively gone full /int/ is what you're telling me.

it was always the case

You could easily say the same of Arcadia. Fact is, it just wasn't worth it. The Brits treated the French Canadians in Quebec very leniently. If they wanted to genocide/assimilate them they would've been harsher.

His father is from Quebec, he speaks French, studied in Quebec, and represents a Quebecois riding.

Are you actually this retarded?
>what is Nouvelle-France

A quality post

If the post above yours is any indication, yes.

>mental retardation, the post
Oh, and Cuckdeau's father is from Havana, retard.

>no attempt at refutation
Behold the wisest poster of them all

Fuck off with your self righteousness. Every Canadian I have met thinks they and their country is near perfect. It's not hard to make yourself look good when all eyes are on America and all the propaganda you hear from Canada is how much of a nice place it is. Reason why everybody here is oh so kind is cause they don't know anything about negative consequences, think if you throw enough money at a problem it will go away and are sheltered little craps.

10/10 post

>another butthurt post from nigel
à la poubelle pêh

both trudeaus are the worst parts of the french and the anglos put together

I always found the Québécois talking about how bad Canada is funny, because originally, they WERE Canada, no really, the new France division of what is now Quebec was called Canada. You;d think they'd be for reclaiming Canada.

I'm not Canadian you touchy little faggot, holy fuck.

>Gaybecois
gross, shoo

so in other words, he studied french canadian history under a french canadian prof and you didnt?

what are they trying to give that poor dogster

high iq

>takes ONE class
>I KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW

nah, he just took one more class in french canadian history taught by a french canadian prof than you did

I live in Montréal, speak french and english, I have studied Québec and Canadian history throughout highschool, CEGEP, and university both in french and english.

I have taken several classes of Canadian and Québecois history in Université de Montréal during my bachelor and my masters degrees. Taught by french canadians and anglos.

For shits and giggles I took a political science class on the Canadian political institutions.

You may or may not believe me, but I don't really care.

Quebec is the real Canada, the rest of Canada is just Americans LARPing as Canadians

youtube.com/watch?v=cKCRHhmHvjg

this desu

If anything, Veeky Forums now supercedes /int/ in both the frequency and sincerity of vitriol flinging. Half the posters unironically believe that Germans/Brits/French/whatever are a race of devils with only a thin veneer of irony to mask it.

Levesque please. It is unbecoming of you to be so butthurt about losing to Trudeau.

>gives huge budget packages to fund Quebecois cultural production
>The dirty Federalist is out for our heads! Our culture is being oppressed!

What did Quebec mean by this?

P.E. Trudeau, he was basically a proto-SJW. From a Canadian

Bon de savoir que je ne suis pas le seul montréalais ici.

They and the Natives are Canada's niggers.

bien au contraire c'est toi anglo

The frog is strong in this post

>Every Canadian I have met thinks they and their country is near perfect.
Which is funny considering most Canadians I know are assholes.