At what point is it too late to leave a wagie job and go to university?

At what point is it too late to leave a wagie job and go to university?

I want to get an education and get a good job.

There is no age where it is too late to improve life significantly.

I started my bachelor's degree in my late 20's and I'm currently getting paid by a university to earn my Master's while doing research. It's never too late.

Is 21 too old though

I went to college when I was 24, I learned that having a degree would improve my life.

In my class were people from my age up to in the 40's.

If you are 21 you are still a fucking kid, what makes you think thats too old?

My friends are graduating at this age. How can I compete?

education is for morons #jewtrap

*high education

never you fucking moron. when I went to community college there was plenty of 40+ individuals there. when I transferred to state I saw quite a few people in their older 20s and 30s there

t. Peaked intellectually in high school

I'd say if you're below 35 you're still on time. I graduated at 29 and I feel it's the best choice I ever made

You're young. When you're 25, you're going to look back and think "damn I was young then." When you're 30 even more so. Etc. If you think getting a degree will improve your life (it does for a lot of people) then get started. Don't ever avoid doing something because of the time it's going to take. That time is going to pass anyways. Would you rather be thinking this same thing 5 years down the road?

Now the cost of University is another question. What do you want to study? How much is it going to cost you to go to school?

Why do people keep saying it's a scam then

Why do you have to compete with other faggots?

I graduated when I was 29 and have a good job in IT now. Life is not a competition imbecile.

I wonder if you have enough brains to get a degree.

Then you can say that you have more maturity and experience

I'm 29, is it too late?

Because they're fucking morons. you came here from /pol/ haven't you?

I want to study finance or computer science.

i was active student in an IT bachelor for 2 years, then i realized i wasted 2 fucking years on out-dated bullshit. Then i started looking for a job and apparently quality unix/networking skills are quite rare these days so got a job straight away and i dont regret i left school.

Bump

There are enough people out there who made bad decisions on degrees, in dying fields like libraries or museums or low tier law school, or with weird mixtures of knowledge like double major biology CIS, communications and physics or some shit or things like that who ruined their lives to give you rants against college. Also college can be really overrated unless you are legitimately smart.

Getting good grades in CS or finance you will be able to pay off your loans and get a job I can guarantee.

When I was getting my BS in comp sci there was this old man getting one as well

He was the guy you wanted to be paired with for group work because he had this badass white ponytail he styled like a samurai, and he actually did his work.

if you didn't start studying at 13 its too late.

It’s never too late but the best of us succeed without formal education.

t. dropped out of high school at 16, currently 19 making $100-$150k annually

Those are both great fields where the cost of your education will pay off many many times over. Personally I'd go with CS but that's just me - it's the future and jobs will be just more and more in demand. But do what interests you.

Another piece of advice I can give is to be active in your education. Don't just take notes, do homework and show up for tests. Get involved with clubs, go to your professors office hours etc. Teachers love when a student takes their education seriously, and you will learn more. But more importantly, the connections you build during your school years will often have more of a bearing on your job prospects than your grades will.

Are you in the US? Do you know roughly how much school will cost you?

And please don't listen to people screaming "scam!" Some universities are ridiculously overpriced, but if you take your education seriously and work hard, it can be the best investment of your life.

>the best of us succeed without formal education.
What a load of self-aggrandizing horseshit

Different people take different paths to different places. Doesn't make you "better" than anyone.

This is just another fucking LARP frogpost
OP isnt doing shit. just "lie on your resume" OP

How did you do it? What are you doing now?

never too late, but idk why you'd want to go to university if you don't want to be a wagie, lmao, you're leaving your wagie job to spend money to become a wagie

>life is not a competition
t. average computer fag

I'm 33, studying law right now. About 2/3rds through.

Just fucking do it.

Listen to this story niggers.
>be me
>do a bunch of drugs
>piss away dad's money
>take various courses across the board
>finally realize what I'm doing
>start taking Finance classes

I am 1 semester away from achieving a shitty degree from a shitty department, or I am 3 semesters away from receiving a Finance degree.
What do I do?
If I get the shitty degree next semester and graduate, I can always get my MBA in a year and a half.

I don't even know if I really want a job, I think I just want to trade crypto and start a business.

Get a finance degree, it opens doors.

you mean vaginas?

But seriously, holding off on this shit for another year and half is gonna put me behind bigly.
Also, I can just get my MBA and learn the same shit and more in a year and half.

Nah I'm 29 and in college.

What if you're socially retarded

I'm 27 and graduated when I was 21 but my degree has had no relevance to my career, so I am currently sitting studying for professional exams in my field that I have next week.

Do it if you think it will improve yourself brah

t. forever in the pursuit of happiness but never quite reaching it

invest in crypto

I think most young people these days are pretty socially isolated for the most part.
Don't listen to the boomer fags in here talking about it being the best years of your life. Socialites will stick to their kind, but the majority of people will have to go their own way.

After 25.
Everything changes after 25, since you are halfway to 30.

nice false argument, faggot.
Life is highly competitive, and if you don't think so, chances are you're losing.

self-fulfilling prophecy. It's in your head.

life is a competition, a competition against yourself to see how far you can develop yourself

no

remember university is a guide to your education it will teach your the fundamentals of many different areas within your chosen field ultimately you decide where you want to go and what you wish to do as well as giving you a nice piece of paper to show off

How do I get it out of my head if it's been there for most of my life

not true at all, i went back to college at 30 and changed my life after having nothing but a highschool education and doing menial manual labor for 10+ years

>25
>halfway to 30
Should've stayed in school, kiddo